[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you think the sopranos is a finer series than pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
If you think the sopranos is a finer series than pic related I have some bad news for you. You're a

PLEB
L
E
B

Prove me wrong
>>
The Wire is a show for leftists (i.e c.ucks). If you support it then you'd be more at home on reddit. This is a ring wing "problematic" board for right wing "problematic" men to enjoy right wing "problematic" shows and movies. Not "le ghetto philosophy" "muh white institutions" "dey dindo nuffin".
>>
>>62675030
MUH WHITE POWERSTRUCTURE ARE AT FAULT

WHITE PPL BE MESSIN WITH UR EVOLUSHOON AN SHIET

DEY BE RAYSIS
>>
File: wirechess[1].png (663 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
wirechess[1].png
663 KB, 700x393
WE WUZ PAWNS
>>
Lmao sick ass chess analogy m8 such patrician writing
>>
Mad Men better than both famm
>>
>>62675133
how about watch something because its entertaining rather than getting angry at it because of your political beliefs?
>>
>>62675331
The Wire spends too much time on exposition to be entertaining.

they have to explain basically every single thing to the viewer.
>>
i quite liked season 1

season 2 was shit

started season 3 and just couldnt be bothered

every week is black people HE DIN DU MUFFIN and mcnulty getting drunk and one of the numerous black polcie officers higher up telling the skinny african bean looking black cop in charge of the unit that they cant listen to the drug dealers phones. so high tech
>>
>>62675331
Politics should be at the forefront of your mind whenever you watch anything. Whether it furthers white genocide is a far more important issue than your meaningless subjective "fun level". It is capeshit enabler to think otherwise.
>>
but you stupid conservatives just don't understand! it's the racist white power structures of the previous generations that got us into this mess!

there are corrupt black people in the show too!!! (but they're only bad because the POWERSTRUCTHURES force them to be!!!)

it's a shit show, plain and simple
>>
>>62675030
>watching a show with black characters
top kek
>>
>>62675305
NOT IF DEY SUM SMART ASS POWNS
>>
>>62675384

There was much more going on than that on the wire. With the sopranos it was just Tony bitching to his therapist about his mom. Tony being at odds with someone from his crew. Camilla being mistreated, lonely and taken for granted. Aj being a misfit and a loser. Meadow being a sjw. Oh and gabagoo! How does the story of a dysfunctional mob family make for more compelling television than a story about a drug plague eating away at the heart of a city and all the different players involved?
>>
>>62675030
I was in hospital for over a month, motorbike accident.
I watched both the Sopranos and the Wire b2b (i've seen them both before).
I MUCH prefer The Wire.

It's just a better show. Not that the Sopranos is bad. It's just the Wire is so well written and made. It's almost perfect.
>>
Is the blu ray still in 4:3?
>>
>>62675724
The Sopranos went over your head completely. It's an exploration of the nature of humanity more akin to Kubrick's 2001 than some family drama.
>>
>>62675030
heres a tip anon: plebs draw lines in the sand. patricians enjoy both.

you can stop posting now
>>
>Everybody hates The Wire because of muh SJWs
It's funny how your guys' tastes are defined by other people's opinions.
>>
>>62675903
If you were a genuine white supremecist (which you should be if you're on this website) you wouldn't need to look at the opinions of anybody else in order to hate the wire.
>>
Breaking Bad still beats em all
>>
File: 1378565967578.jpg (41 KB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1378565967578.jpg
41 KB, 411x390
>>62675929
>>
>>62675935
I literally shouted "nice meme" at my monitor at the top of my voice.

Literal hotpocket video game.
>>
>>62675030

The Wire > everything else.
>>
>>62675929
>which you should be if you're on this website
>4chan is one person
hey retard, dont you know even /pol/ is pic related?
>>
Sopranos is better is a way that I'm probably not patrician enough to explain.

Something about it seems more tragic, full, timeless.
>>
>>62675133
>The Wire is a show for leftists (i.e c.ucks)

I know your post is bait and you're only pretending to be retarded by how is it a show for leftists in any way? It basically just shows how niggers are stuck in a perpetual state of crime and being uneducated and nothing we do can change that. They elected a democratic mayor who was supposed to save the city and ended up making shit much worse.
>>
lol. The Wire is babbies first "whoa this has subtext" show/movie. It's better than most TV, but in comparison to The Sopranos, its thematic portrayal is hamfisted and repetitive, the thematic scope is limited, the characterization is mostly simplistic (the characters being more so vessels to convey the theme, rather than lifelike 3 dimensional people), and the show doesn't have much to say that applies outside its immediate setting and subject matter.

The Sopranos is in a league of its own.
>>
>>62675929
Being a white supremacist is a pretty shitty prerequisite for using a website that's owned by a Japanese man and has multiple boards about Japanese culture. I can't say you're wrong, though.
>>
>>62675774

No they have the full resolution versions out.
>>
>>62675030
well the boxset design looks nice i'll give you that
>>
>>62675724
Just as I suspected, you didn't understand The Sopranos, unlike The Wire, which beat you over the head with its themes, so you didn't have trouble understanding it.
>>
>>62675030

THE WIRE = DICKENS

THE SOPRANOS = DOSTOEYEVSKI

YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT U CUNTS
>>
>>62675957
>>62675854

>this kekold
>>
>>62675929
Why would white supremacists hate The Wire?

The whole show is an exposition of "niggers gonna nig".
>>
>>62675935
If you're serious, you're too low brow even to post on 4chan.
>>
4:3 > 16:9
>>
>>62676070
>newfag forgetting that BrBa was one of the biggest shows here till s5
>>
File: 1440637499112.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1440637499112.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>62676087
>>
>>62676101
ok
>>
>>62676101

There were a lot of threads on it as it was airing, yeah. Doesnt make it as good as shows like The Wire and The Sopranos
>>
>>62676101
>implying that wasn't because of cross-posters
>implying you're not one of them
>>
>>62676150
nice goalpost moving senpai
>>
>>62676060
More like "niggers gona nig because white institutions".

Also if you're serious about white sumremacism the very idea of willingly looking at a black on a television show is an act of huge self debasement. Why should a beautiful intelligent white man look at degenerate black people in his free time? Especially a piece of media that expects you to empathize with them.
>>
Sopranos is literally reddit: the series
>>
>>62676150

I would like to see the live thread of Sopranos' finale.
>>
>>62676101
Crossposters made the show "big" here. The authentic /tv/ posters knew that it ran out of steam as early as the end of season 2.
>>
>>62676186
I imagine there'd be a few >BLACKED posts.
>>
>>62675935

You're just not pleb, you're just a giant faggot if you actually believe that. That said

Nice b8 m8
>>
File: 1372754686227.jpg (29 KB, 680x567) Image search: [Google]
1372754686227.jpg
29 KB, 680x567
>mfw I like both
feels good being part of the master race
>>
>>62676251
No, if you don't hate the wire then you are a pleb. If you're dumb enough to like the wire then you are definitely not smart enough to genuinely understand The Sopranos. You are the memer. Shaping his "opinions" to gather as many reddit gold upvotes while sitting on the fence as much as possible. You are infantile about television.
>>
I don't understand why TV shows get compared all the fucking time, I could understand it based on a very similar thematic or characterization but it's actually a comparison solely based on acclaimed shows, just like that.

I don't see constant discussion comparing The Godfather with Citizen Kane, or any universally acclaimed film for that matter. Most of the time, they get discussed on their own qualities rather than mindlessly comparing them with something entirely different.
>>
>>62675030
This thread convinced me 60% of /tv/ are pleb cross poster from /pol/ and /v/.
The Wire is a great show, seasons 1 to 4 were 10/10 and eventhough S05 wasn't as good as the orevious seasons it still is great television.
>>62675133
>>62675257
>>62675317
>>62675384
>>62675466
>>62675487
>>62675929
Jesus fucking Christ ,do i have to remind you people that this is a television and film board?
I don't care about your political beliefs, if you want to talk about it make a the wire thread on /pol/ and start your racist circlejerk.
Goddamnit you fucking plebs, stop shitting up the board, it's already bad enough as it is
>>
>>62676325
It's because there are so few shows that are considered GOAT compared to movies
>>
>>62676339
Reminder that if you bury your head in the sand to the politics of the media you are consuming then you are "prepping the bull" by remaining complicit in white genocide.

Video game player are crossposters. /pol/ IS /tv/. Always has been.
>>
The Shield > The Wire
>>
>>62676414
>generic episodic crime show
>better than The Wire
What's next, CSI: Miami?
>>
>>62676414

>tfw I sat through all of The Shield because of this meme

It was pretty average
>>
>>62676325
I think it's mostly because there aren't many shows that are worth discussing. Most TV is garbage.
>>
>>62675466
I would fuck your pic related in the pussy/boipussy
>>
>>62676384
>The Sopranos
>The Wire
>The Shield
>Six Feet Under
>True Detective
>Twin Peaks i really don't understand why this makes it onto those lists all the time because it has the most inconsistent episode quality I've ever seen

What am I missing?
>>
TV > Movies
>>
File: 499249dd282a49e3a.png (333 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
499249dd282a49e3a.png
333 KB, 412x500
>>62676167
I guess you have a point, but I didn't personally take that from it (even if that's what they meant). Doesn't change that there are a lot of people out there that believe it. Know your enemy and all that.

I'm sure many variations of this joke/story has been told, but it was reported to me as true:

>grandfather-in-law gets a color TV
>one of the first in the neighborhood
>asks his dad if he wants to come over and watch
>he replies with "Why in the hell would I want to come over and watch colored TV? I see enough of them niggers on the streets!
>>
>>62676553
You can remove Twin Peaks, The Shield and True Detective right off the bat. I'll give Six Feet Under the benefit of the doubt but only because I haven't seen it.

Mad Men and Deadwood seem like the only other shows are even come close to the conversation.
>>
>>62676625
What's wrong with The Shield? My only complaint is that Season 4 was a bit slow and Season 1 felt like a carbon copy of Homicide: Life on the Street.
>>
>>62676167
>Also if you're serious about white sumremacism the very idea of willingly looking at a black on a television show is an act of huge self debasement. Why should a beautiful intelligent white man look at degenerate black people in his free time? Especially a piece of media that expects you to empathize with them.

Come on man, I'm as racist as the next guy but what you're saying is pants on head retarded. I can still hate niggers and mexicans and enjoy shows like the Wire and Breaking Bad that really highlight how subhuman these people are.
>>
>>62676553
replace true detective with fargo
>>
>>62676625
Mad men is overrated, tedious soap opera garbage that teenagers pretend to enjoy so they feel sophisticated
>>
>>62676716
Yes, and then immediately remove Fargo as well.
>>
>>62676625
>I'll give Six Feet Under the benefit of the doubt but only because I haven't seen it.

Download it and watch the whole series immediately. I can guarantee that everyone on this board who watched the finale cried their eyes out, it might be the best television episode of all time.
>>
>>62676754
Nice meme opinion
>>
>>62676764
have you not seen season 2, it's incredible senpai
>>
>>62676771
I'm done with watching television shows and movies. It's all the same meme drenched shit. I only come here anymore for the political battles.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (10 KB, 300x384) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
10 KB, 300x384
>>62676716
>Fargo
>better than True Detective
>>
File: the-wire-tommy-carcetti.jpg (202 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
the-wire-tommy-carcetti.jpg
202 KB, 600x440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTMEOpmJT4
>>
>>62675030
I watched the first episode a couple years ago and turned it off before it finished, the niggers were the least convincing street thugs I have ever seen on anything ever, I'm a white britbong and even i know how unconvincing they are. Fucking terrible, soprano's is goat.
>>
>>62676835
only a handful of s1 episodes were good, s2 was absolutely dreadful.
>>
>>62676815

edge master 4000
>>
>>62675030

Apples and Oranges, both are fantastic series that triumph at what they set out to accomplish. Stop trolling and love both of them, Nerd.
>>
>>62676882
>Stop trolling and love both of them, Nerd.

Wait you mean its possible to like more than one TV show? I've been doing it so wrong all this time.
>>
>>62676864
>being this pleb
S01 was 10/10, only plebs dislike the finale and that's because they were expecting Rust to take over the world while riding the powerful Cthulu creature.
>S02 was dreadful
Okay kid, off to bed now
>>
>>62676810
I am enjoying it so far as well, but adding it to a list of the greatest shows of all time based on the quality of a season that isn't even finished yet is just knee jerk praise for your current flavor of the month. Season 1 was entertaining in a shallow kind of way but essentially just juvenile pretend Coens. 2 is better so far but too early to praise to that degree. These "quality" shows with movie level acting and cinematopgrahy are 10 a penny now. You need to do more than look good, have good acting and entertain me in the moment to be genuinely "Great". Fargo is a show that get's eaten up and then people move on to the next "prestige" product.
>>
>>62677011
Yep, pretty much this
>>
>>62676865
Literally nothing edgy about that. I've watched enough TV to no longer be impressed. "Quality" is just a series of memes, a formula to be adheared to. Even good "entertainment" shows are boring once you've seen it all before.
>>
>>62676857
Why are all his accents so fucking bad?
>>
I loved Homicide: Life on the Street and I know some of its writers worked on The Wire. How does it fare in comparison?
>>
About to finish The Wire, is Twin Peaks worth watching? I like Lynch but I'm not a massive fan of surrealism and I think I remember hearing that S2 was a bit of a mess..
>>
>>62677557
not really
season 1 is great and pretty short
but season 2 is way too long due to filler episodes and its plagued with retarded subplots
>>
>>62677557
Only watch Season 1 and 1/3 of Season 2
>>
>>62677506
I also loved Homicide: Life on the Street. I think The Wire is better.
>>
>>62677506
It's like a more modern Homicide with profanity. A lot more consistent in terms of episode quality, too.

Also, Season 5 has quite a bit of Homicide fanservice.

>>62677557
Watch all of it, just make sure you're constantly inebriated starting with S02E10 and it'll be slightly less painful.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.