[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys remember when Louie CK made a sitcom and it was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
You guys remember when Louie CK made a sitcom and it was actually good? Fun times.
>>
nope
>>
>>62673144
If you like this garbage over Louie you're straight up retarded.
>>
This came out when I was a senior in high school way before he was as big as he is now. I enjoyed the show for what it was.
>>
>>62673411

>Sitcom vs Dramcom

If you like sitcoms more you will like Lucky Louie more.

If you like drama with your comedy more you'll like Louie more.

Nobody has to be "straight up retarded" because of subjective differences, faggot.

Personally I don't think either to be strong, except for the Pizza Box Man episode of Luck Louie. I don't care at all for Louie.

His stand up is better than all of this.
>>
first three seasons of Louie are absolutely fantastic. He gets a little didactic after that
>>
>>62673843
It's hardly about taste when one is so much smarter and more successful in what it's trying to be. Not to mention, there's more to categorization than just simply sitcom vs dramcon, there are different types of both. At its high concept LL came out of the gate as a severely limited-in-scope type of comedy whose aesthetic was dated as fuck without even a hint of self awareness about that fact. LL was poorly conceptualized from the get go. And even if you disagree with that, Louie is funnier AS WELL as smarter, more emotional, and better produced.
>>
>>62673907
I thought four was still pretty good, especially when it was the only season he had done like it. 5 had some brilliant episodes, like the episode where Pam... well you know, and they all had their moments, but I do think its tone followed the same sort of quaint sadness of season 4, when I would've preferred something closer to seasons 1-3.
>>
>>62673907
>didactic

So what

I've seen plenty of people throw this word around under the presumption that it's a bad thing
>>
What does CK stand for?
>>
>>62674540
Charles Kane?
>>
>>62674393
> aesthetic was dated as fuck without even a hint of self awareness about that fact

no, you were just too dense to pick up on it
>>
>>62674507
I think generally speaking the word has a negative connotation to begin with. Like not so much that it's JUST suggestive of the author's moral values, but that it is so to a fault. So no, containing a moral message isn't inherently bad, but when somebody says didactic it already implies that it's done so poorly.
>>
>>62674797
He unironically thought the aesthetic was worth exploring. That's a fact that he's discussed. When I said self awareness I meant, memes aside, that he wasn't doing it because he knew it was bad and was using it as an ironic joke, he approached it unironically, for the most part.
>>
>>62674540
C
U
C
KING
>>
The dream episode in S5 was the best episode in the entire series.
>>
>>62675143
I like the finale of season 3 the most.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.