[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong was Luke compared to the prequel Jedis? if he has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 336x323) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 336x323
How strong was Luke compared to the prequel Jedis?

if he has comparable power. wtf were they doing in the prequel era that they required a lifetime of training starting from when they were children whereas Luke seemed to hold up decentlt against Vader after a weeks worth of training
>>
tb͏h
>>
>>62658388
Luke had three times the midichlorians of any other Jedi so he had the most power levels
>>
Vader was fucking with him. He knew going in that he wanted to turn luke. If Vader wanted Luke dead he would've been so before his little Ken doll looking head hit the floor.
>>
Luke was weak. He was only able to keep up with Vader because he had all of his limbs chopped off.
If he was fighting prime Anakin or Obi Wan, he would have been decapitated in seconds. He couldn't even stave off the emperor's force lighting attack which Yoda, Obi Wan and Mace Windu were all able to absorb/deflect.
>>
>>62658388
Before the prequels, the force was more strength of character/strength of will than anything else. In the prequels it became how many magic bacteria you have. Luke had a lot of magic bacteria, I guess.
>>
>>62658388
Are you talking about the Empire duel on Bespin? Because Luke sure as shit was not able to keep up. Vader's playing games with him the whole time until the very end where Luke gets one hit on him. Vader gets pissed off and ends the fight literally five seconds after that flub.
>>
>>62658564
obiwan got buttraped to nothingness by Vader though
>>
Does it really matter in context though? Anakin and Obi-Wan were powerful because they spent they're entire lives training to be Jedi. Vader never tried to kill Luke, aside from the first Death Star run. I think that's a good measure of his power. Luke was able to evade Vader long enough for Han to bail him out. Vader isn't necessarily more powerful but he's more experienced. He's just toying with him in the two saber duels they have.

I guess what I am rambling about is Luke would have been up there with the most powerful Jedi had he had formal training.
>>
>>62658577
this desu
>>
>>62658648
Obi Wan threw the fight.
Why, that's still up for debate, but I'm sure if he wanted to, he could've finished ani off once and for good.
>>
>>62658638
talking about both. empire and return of Jedi.

in empire seems like Luke had a week with yoda and goes fight Vader.

return of Jedi: I assume he comes back to yoda trains another week if that to learn to make a new lightsaber before he goes to save Leia and solo.

but then again after he saves them and they split up it sounds like he is making his first trip back to yoda like what he promised inthe previous move. anyways he comes back to yoda to finish his training which he pretty much completed seeing yoda dies straight away.

how strong are they anyways. how would you rank all them ovie Jedi or what dbz power level would you estimate them having
>>
>>62658655
I'd like to think that he'd improve five years after the Battle of Endor. Basically Anakin can now coach him in dueling as a Force Ghost. Since they almost have the same form, it'll be easy for his dad to refine Luke's skills
>>
I wonder how strong Luke will be in VII, in EU he was powerful enough to move black holes with the force. I doubt he'll be that OP though, the villains need to at least look credible.
>>
Were they trainer by Yoder
>>
>>62659080
I imagine Luke goes on a quest to piece together what happened to the Jedi and to recover their teaches. It actually happens in the comics. I hope it's implied in the movies.
>>
Why did obi wan disappear when he got killed but literally every other dead Jedi was just a dead body.

Even quigon was cut in half
>>
>>62659199
We all know what happened, Anakin and the clone troopers killed most of them.
>>
>>62658388

Vader is stated to be stronger than he was in Episode III.
>>
>>62658655

desu it takes much more than guts to stands right in front of Jabba and talk shit to his face, then proceed to kill the rancor, totally dominate the entire sarlacc/barge fight and so on
>>
>>62658817
>I assume he comes back to yoda trains another week
>A week

He trains with Yoda for at least 6 months
>>
>>62659220
How? He has burnt to a crisp, half machine and couldn't use lightning or jump around like he used to
>>
>>62659201
>prequels
>>
>>62659216
I mean more about why the Jedi fell not what caused it directly. The Jedi lost their way. I'd like Luke to create an order that isn't fucked up like Lucas' order. It would be beautiful poetry to make Luke figure out how stupid prequel Jedi were and have him try to rebuild without making those mistakes.
>>
>>62659290
The Jedi fell because they got lazy thinking the Sith were gone. 1000 years of sitting on their asses made them go soft.
>>
>>62659264

He got more powerful in the force, more experience, adapted his style to his new limitations on his body. He's less mobile than he was, but he's not as slow as you think. Vader can jump, he just never does so in the OT, and Anakin could never use lightning in the first place.
>>
>>62658564
>the emperor
I don't remember this character. I know Sheev used lightning on Luke, maybe that's what you mean?
>>
>>62659353
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>62659394
Only the best character of the whole saga, dude. Keep up.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sheev_Palpatine
>>
>>62659423
I will never call him by that stupid name Disney gave him, It's Sidious or the Emperor
>>
>>62659461
Darth Sheev for you
>>
>>62659504
It's Darth Sidious :)
>>
>>62659461
Lucas named him that, dawg.
>>
I always thought the Jedi were just an order of mystics who occasionally stepped in and did stuff when the government asked them to, but for the most part minded their own business meditating on the force and shit. Then the prequels happened and we find out they're like the galactic FBI who pull double duty as Navy SEALs. was this a retcon or did i just remember the OT wrong?
>>
File: uoah.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
uoah.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>62659461
No. No, no, no its Sheev
>>
>>62659345

Nigga it is explicitly stated that being half machine diminished his connection to the Force. He is weaker in every way except for brute force and durability. Both of which come from his armor.
>>
>>62659668
They were literally knights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9Fi4izrYc
>>
>>62659461
>Sidious
I would never call him that stupid name, it's Palpatine or bust.
>>
Don't compare dueling/power levels between the OT and PT, Lucas changed his mind a shitload between the two. Before the PT, the main compnonet in dueling was how attuned and powerful one is in the force. Luke is super powerful on the account of his heritage, which is why he can keep up with Vader in RotJ despite his limited training.

Bottom line is, according to Lucas, Luke has as much potential as Anakin (pre fucking up and getting rekt), meaning he has the potential to be the most powerful force user that has ever lived.

We never see him reach that potential on film. Luke isn't as strong as the strongest PT characters, Anakin Yoda or Sheev in RotS but he is given enough time he is would have been a match for any of them, and we can see glimpses of that in RotJ.
>>
>>62659562
>>62659696
>>62659708
>Being this fucking dumb
>>
>>62659844
We're not the ones denying official canon, mate.
>>
Stop calling him Sheev you brainwashed inbreeds.

Why are you happy with Disney, Jj and Pegg destroying Star Wars?
>>
Pretty sure Luke is a Sith.

He was always pretty loose with the rules, he lied to Jaba, he deceived the Ewoks to get them to free his friends, he definitely went dark side for a bit at the end of RoTJ. Thing is, I don't think he came back. I think he was like "fuck, if I can be this powerful, I'll be able to save all my friends!". He even dresses like a Sith in RoTJ.

I think him seeing his own face in the cave when he decapitated Vader wasn't foreshadowing Vader being his father, I think it was foreshadowing Luke becoming Vader.

Luke is powerful because he's secretly using the dark side.
>>
>>62659698

Nope, it's explicitly stated he's got stronger than episode III incarnation in the force in a canon novel, Lord of the Sith, which came out earlier this year.

>VADER COMPLETED HIS MEDITATION and opened his eyes. His pale, flame-savaged face stared back at him from out of the reflective black surface of his pressurized meditation chamber. Without the neural connection to his armor, he was conscious of the stumps of his legs, the ruin of his arm, the perpetual pain in his flesh. He welcomed it. Pain fed his hate, and hate fed his strength. Once, as a Jedi, he had meditated to find peace. Now he meditated to sharpen the edges of his anger.
>He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.
>>
File: 1447133658802.jpg (148 KB, 962x755) Image search: [Google]
1447133658802.jpg
148 KB, 962x755
>>62659877
make me faggot
>>
>>62659261
I've always wondered the exact time frame. How fast could The Falcon reached Bespin without a hyperdrive?
>>
>>62659844
Brother, Lucas came up with that name. Jame Luceno politely asked him if he could officially make it canon in Tarkin.
>>
>>62659461
wait. been looking for clarity on this for a while, so this whole Sheev thing was started by disney?
>>
>>62659980
Yes and no. Lucas came up with the name and James Luceno asked to make it canon in Tarkin. Lucas said yes. It was George's last gift to us.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.