[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: transcendence.jpg (79 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
transcendence.jpg
79 KB, 486x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>62652781
It was boring. Read the script and you'll know why.

If you're going to make a meditative think piece the questions you ask should have a little bit of substance and how you explore them should use actual interesting characters. Or else just write an essay about it if you don't want to put in that much effort. Or add some action so at least I'll be entertained.
>>
was probably audience tested into the ground
>>
>>62652781
A DP was directing actors.
>>
More interesting AI movie than Ex Machina
>>
>>62652781
I liked it. Honestly it's too patrician to be discussed here.
>>
Visuals were great but the script sucked. The concept of transhumanism has been around since the 1930s so you better have a fresh angle or some great action to compensate.
>>
>>62652965
This. Like all science fiction it gets "audience tested" and "slightly adjusted" till Asimov's tale about humanity's relationship as a kind of parental role in the birth and development of an entirely new kind of life is turned into a Will Smith action thrill ride.
>>
>>62652781
He didn't even try. Plus his facial hair is fucking disgusting, it doesn't work. He should also stop wearing eye linear, what a washed up faggot.
>>
>>62652781
Having Johnny Depp play a role that isn't Johnny Depp
>>
>>62654287

And still I bet most people didn't get it.
>>
I liked it

I hate the movie climate in recent years because everyone is now a cynical cunt hates shit for the sake of hating it.
>>
>>62654902
I watched it blind and came away hating it because the movie expected me to side with the crazy luddites at any point for no reason, then had lifelong friends and colleges of caster side with the crazy luddites after talking with them for six seconds.
>>
>>62655257
>expected me to side with the crazy luddites at any point for no reason

No it didn't. That's why you identify them as crazy luddites.
>>
>>62652781
The original script had Caster become a villain until the minute Depp was attached and the studios screamed CHANGE THAT

also lawnmower man
>>
>>62652965
I was an audience tester for Nurse Betty and my only regret was not telling the people to remove the shitty twist at the end
>>
>>62652781
I thought it was going to be bad but actually it wasn't. Probably Depp's best movie in a decade
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.