[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
Very nice,too bad people dont like it.
This may be cult classic in 20 years time.

Will dump few more screencaps.
>>
>>62647588
I liked it.
Watched it back when a screener copy leaked.
>>
>>62647588
You must be the anon that has been posting about this movie every month for the past two years.

No, it's not a good movie
>>
>>62647665
I watched it for the first time today but whatever,have it your way.
>>
DUDE WEIRD STUFF BECAUSE YES
>>
>>62647700
I spent half of the movie wondering if he was christian bale or not
>>
>>62647588

I fucking love it.
>>
is this a decent drunk movie? recommend some drunk movies
>>
>>62648452
Please don't start with that bullshit.
>>
File: 0.png (29 KB, 487x304) Image search: [Google]
0.png
29 KB, 487x304
Still don't know what to think of the Sentionaut she encounters while abandoning the institute.
>>
>>62647588
I don't like it, I love it.
>>
File: 1437666957902.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1437666957902.gif
208 KB, 354x534
Loved the hell out of it.

Many parts felt too slow, but that is just me being impatient.
>>
>>62647588
>cult classic

It's already a cult classic. I love this film but I need to be in the right mood to watch it.

>>62648623

It's a short scene but I always thought that it had her face, the implication being that the Sentionaut was a failed clone of Elena. I'm not sure though, regardless it was creepy as fuck, and I kind of hate that people always post the 'unmasking' picture to try and drum up interest in the film when for me it was one of the best moments of the film and if it had been spoiled for me it would have lessened the impact a lot.
>>
>>62650099
>It's already a cult classic.
Didn't know it had such following considering that it gets average at best grades everywhere i look at.Now I understand thats part of people just being people but that why I implied that it may become something more in the years to come when people decide that is a work of art.
> I kind of hate that people always post the 'unmasking' picture to try and drum up
That wasn't my intention sorry about that.
Anyway I do agree that it may be clone of Elena just because they have the same diastema.
>>
File: teeth.jpg (318 KB, 1350x1123) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
318 KB, 1350x1123
>>62650099
>>62650518
>>
Beyond the Black Rainbow is actually a great example of style-over-substance succeeding.

A rare instance.
>>
File: 1440482455095.png (552 KB, 484x464) Image search: [Google]
1440482455095.png
552 KB, 484x464
ok so here's what I got from it

at some point they found a way to communicate or approximate what it was like to be Elena. the first two scientists were successful, but the third guy, the antagonist, had some kind of nightmarish experience that completely stripped him of interest in anything but elena

I haven't seen this movie in a few years but I just remember the opening bit with the irises, the part where he has his 'nightmare' and the ending where he bonks his head on a rock

if someone has a better explanation please give it
>>
>>62647588
What did you like about it?
>>
Good movie with a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQS3IaR1NVU
>>
>>62650964
That pretty much sums it up,the guy had hell experience on acid and the girl was dipped into acid pool as a baby.
As the years passed they developed psychic connection due Elena having powers and never leaving the premises of the institute level where the guys was working.
But remember thats only the surface story,the visuals itself is altogether something different.
>>
it's like tarsem singh took a dump all over a print of THX1138, only even more retarded and pretentious
>>
pleb bait at its finest
>>
i saw this in a theater a couple of years back, it was fantastic
>>
>>62650691
This. Aside from the effectively tense escape scene, it's mostly just a vehicle for cool music & imagery.

I'd call it the movie version of an early-era Oneohtrix Point Never track, at least in terms of the mood it evokes. Also, mandatory "it'd probably would have felt deeper if I'd watched it on drugs" comment.
>>
>watched this for the first time on DXM
i didnt know what the fuck was going on but i fell in love with it. why did they take it off netflix
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.