[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that never got made or released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: fight harm.jpg (20 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
fight harm.jpg
20 KB, 419x600
>Fight Harm is an abandoned project by Harmony Korine filmed in 1999. The premise was to verbally provoke passers-by into a fight. The rules were Korine couldn't throw the first punch and the person confronted had to be bigger than Korine. To Korine, Fight Harm was high-comedy reminiscent of Buster Keaton. "I wanted to push humour to extreme limits to demonstrate that there's a tragic component in everything."Filmed in New York, the project was abandoned following the injuries Korine received while shooting

Basically, he filmed himself getting the shit beat out of him.
>>
IT'S A PRANK BRO, THE CAMERAS OVER THERE!
>>
>>62644074
>>62644074
I would have paid to watch this.
>>
>>62644074

Heroin junkie does dumb shit, shocker.
>>
>>62644074
I wanna watch this white boy getting beaten. Where are the tapes?
>>
>>62644453
Probably in his house.
>>
i remember theres an interview where he explains he tries to fight a club bouncer and the bouncer pummels him then smashes a NY trash can on his ankle obliterating it for months

i would like to see this
>>
>Korine
>not a hack
>>
Sounds like something out of a little movie called Fight Club, but since no one saw that he could have gotten away with it.
>>
>>62644544
The fact that he is willing to get beat up for his art alone puts him in the top bracket of artistically authentic autuers. You wouldn't see David Ficher or Wes Anderson taking to the streets to fight for their art. They're like Lucas sitting in his chair by a green screen compared to a real soldier of cinema like Korine.
>>
>>62644453
>white boy
is this a new meme?
>>
>>62644453
>white
Korine is a jew
>>
>>62644729
It's as though you're saying his enthusiasm and fevered dedication validates his trash movies
>>
>>62644777
Your notion of quality is comprised of arbitrary memes. The measure of an artist is how selfless and uncompromising towards his cause he is willing to be.
>>
>>62644838
I'm really selflessly devoted to shitting on a canvass daily. Guess I better assume my place on the throne of high artistry.
>>
>>62644838
>Your notion of quality is comprised of arbitrary memes
How so?
Because I don't like Korine's movies?
>>
>>62644074
>1999
I was born in 1997, what is this?
>>
>>62644074
so basically IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
meh
>>
File: RONNIE2-1.jpg (251 KB, 1000x1392) Image search: [Google]
RONNIE2-1.jpg
251 KB, 1000x1392
David Lynch's Ronnie Rocket is one of film's unmade gems
>>
I really wanna see that MARYLIN MANSON movie he talked about on DINNER FOR FIVE.
>>
he talked about this on Maron's podcast

he meant for it to be funny. it wasn't funny. he watched the tapes afterwards and felt stupid about it.

he's an idiot.
>>
>harmony pulls a gun and gets stomped
>"it's just a blank" plays
>>
Kubrick's Napoleon
Jodorowsky's Dune
Gilliam's Don Quixote (may still happen)
>>
Sam Peckinpah's Blood Meridian
Welles' Don Quixote
Tarkovsky's Hamlet
>>
>>62644982
It's on the lost media wiki
>>
>>62644453
>Where are the tapes?

I've seen footage
>>
File: 1428006797569.jpg (20 KB, 220x372) Image search: [Google]
1428006797569.jpg
20 KB, 220x372
“In 1978, I began work on what I thought would be my greatest project: a six-hour drama called Hot Tub Boy. It was about a 9-year-old boy who sits in a hot tub for a hundred years. Every 20 minutes throughout the six-hour movie, he picks up a phone at the side of the hot tub and says, ‘I am the Hot Tub Boy.’ Then he hangs up. We never learn who he’s talking to on the phone.

“I worked on that screenplay year after year, but I started second-guessing myself, and I couldn’t decide whether the boy should say, “I am the Hot Tub Boy” or “I am a Hot Tub Boy.” I went back and forth on this question for 20 years and never figured it out. Eventually, I gave up on the project altogether. In 1998, I made The Thin Red Line, my first film in two decades. It’s trash compared to Hot Tub Boy.”
>>
>>62645522
Noided
>>
File: mermaid girl.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
mermaid girl.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>62645957
I laughed way too much at that

>mfw I found out it was a genuine quote
>>
File: 18lsj6yzmjp97jpg.jpg (291 KB, 800x1189) Image search: [Google]
18lsj6yzmjp97jpg.jpg
291 KB, 800x1189
Kubrick's LOTR starring The Beatles
>>
File: humbleness is a virtue.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
humbleness is a virtue.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>62645957
>“For years I’ve been working on a movie titled Astronaut Jail. It’s a movie about a jail exclusively for astronauts, and they have to wear their spacesuits all the time, even when they’re doing bench presses in the prison yard, which they do for almost the entire movie. It’s probably the best idea for a movie I’ve ever had, but right now the only line I have written is: ‘Every day, I thank God that I was sent to Astronaut Jail, the jail for astronauts.’

>“I can’t seem to get past that one line. Maybe that’s all that needs to be said.”
>>
Kubrick's Holocaust film.

It was never made because Kubrick redpilled himself by doing all his autistic research into it.
>>
>>62644074
so basically youtube pranks before youtube pranks
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.