[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from an early free screening of Steve Jobs. Ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Just got back from an early free screening of Steve Jobs. Ask me anything about it.
>>
Do you think 127 Hours is patrician, and one of the top two films of 2010?
>>
>2015
>nonchalantly dropping "free advance screening" like it's still some sort of secret special event
>seeing a movie they already made a couple years ago
>seeing any movie about Steve Jobs, the man that "invented" the iPod and Pixar but didn't believe in medicine
>>
>>61773237
It's gay
>>
>>61773237
Did it deserve to exist? Seemed completely redundant since we already got a Jobs biopic two fucking years ago.
>>
Does the director/writer's jealousy of the real life Steve Jobs come across thick in the movie?

How jewy is the movie? I can't stand DUDE WEED LMAO guy.
>>
>>61773237
Literally who?
>>
>>61773237

I don't really give a shit about Steve Jobs or Apple. I don't really like Aaron Sorkin. I do like Michael Fassbender. I'm pretty much neutral on Danny Boyle. Would I like this movie?
>>
This movie would have seemed more interesting if they didn't just make a movie about Jobs. I like who's involved but can't get hyped when Steve Jobs related movies are everywhere now days.
>>
Did you go to the same one I went to in Burlington?

I thought the movie was pretty good, it ends on a terrible musical cue though
>>
>>61773415

Fucking this, how many movies are they going to make about Steve Jobs?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>>61773522
Give this a watch if you haven't seen it. Entire story of Apple & Microsoft's startup. Made for TV and still better than any big screen attempt.
>>
do they namedrop the title?
>>
>>61773321
That has nothing to do with the movie. Not sure if you were trying to be clever but failed in your hastiness to read "about it".

>>61773357
>>like it's still some sort of secret special event
Projecting much? The reason I said it is that it's not normally my cup of tea, but the offer would entice most people.

>>61773415
I haven't seen Jobs, but my friend who I went to see the movie with did and said it was awful. This movie was pretty great. It was very narrow in scope though, focusing on 3 product launches by Jobs and the behind the scenes happenings.

>>61773431
Steve Jobs is portrayed as an asshole but at the same time, a big picture guy who doesn't want his products opened up and passed along. Dude Weed Lmao actually did a great job I felt. I was impressed by his serious role in it.

>>61773438
Literally.

>>61773489
Fassbender was excellent in it. In fact, all the actors and actresses were excellent. Even the child actress who played his daughter raised my eyebrows in amusement because she set the bar high for child actors with this.

To go on, this movie is something that would seem very boring were it not for the style. The dynamism is what kept everyone engaged, and it even reminded me of Birdman with the 'one thing to the next' flow.

>>61773522
There's another one coming out too I think, to make three. This one was well done I'd say.

>>61773610
No I'm at a uni in the northeast US where they showed it. I agree about the ending, although I wouldn't say terrible, just incomplete. Felt like it was the wrong moment to end it.

>>61773692
:^)
>>
>>61773754
Same director, also a true story of sorts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.