[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT cool movies most of /tv/ hasn't seen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 1197x937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 1197x937
ITT cool movies most of /tv/ hasn't seen.
>>
>>61772766

i honestly want to keep it that way
>>
>>61772766
Good movie fam
>>
>>61772766
>move is shit except for the suspension bridge scene
>/tv/ think its patrician
pretty good scene though, that's why every sorcerer thread starts with a picture of it
>>
Sorcerer is Based but if you like it and haven't seen Wages of Fear ur kind of .......

also in related note i watched Le Diabolique and thought it was bad :/
>>
File: MARK 13.jpg (146 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
MARK 13.jpg
146 KB, 1600x867
>>61772921
It's got plenty of other cool stuff, the hold up with the guerrillas, the bank robbery, really I think the entire movie after they get in the trucks is 10/10 but even before that it's very solid.

As for cool movies /tv/ doesn't know, I recommend stuff here so often I don't even have to think:
>Body Double
>Phantom of the Paradise
>The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea
>Sebastiane
>Drunken Master
>The Beyond
>City of the Living Dead
>Royal Space Force
>The Red Spectacles
>Assault on Precinct 13
>Wake In Fright
>Hardware

One day I'll convince someone on /tv/ to watch Sebastiane.
>>
Sorcerer was one of the first unnecessary remakes. If you like it you're a pleb
>>
>>61772921
I partially agree with this poster. The rest of the movie being "shit" is a bit hyperbolic but it's pretty meh, especially after the bridge scene it stands out as not as interesting.
>>61775877
>Sebastiane
Ahistorical nonsense.
>>
>>61775877
>tfw i have plenty of those downloaded and have seen a few

how do i make coversation w someone with actual good taste on /tv/?

hey the description of Sebastiane reminds me of both Simon of the Desert and the Devils. In fact, I think Derek Jarman actually collaborated with Ken Russel back when he was a set designer. But that's not to say I'm a big Ken Russel fan of ccourse! also I've never seen a Jarman film and I want to ask does the gay stuff get in the way cause i don't really think i'm in a mood to watch Gay Stuff very often!
>>
>>61775952
also i forgot to mention that it's not really a remake in that it takes the premise of the original but focues on an entirely different aspect of it. Wages is all about the characters, whereas Sorcerer is about the philisophical consequences of a world where immediate and unpredictable death is always around the corner. if you couldn't tell this then maybe you should take a basic film class

this is cumming from someone who prefers Wages
>>
>>61775952
>ahistorical nonsense
>implying everyone didn't want St Sebastian's sweet boipussi
>implying you wouldn't too

>>61775954
>does the gay stuff get in the way
There's no full-blown hardcore butseks so unless your a closet gay or giant prude there shouldn't be a problem. And even if there is gay sex, what's the matter? Afraid you'll like it?
>>
>>61772766
the movie poster is the best thing about this movie
>>
File: sorcerer3.jpg (893 KB, 3000x1904) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer3.jpg
893 KB, 3000x1904
>>61772766
The one good thing /tv/ ever did for me besides make me laugh was recommending Sorcerer to me and getting me to watch more Friedkin movies, the guy's fucking great.

Also the blu ray transfer that came out last year is fucking great but it lacks any documentaries and behind the scenes stuff besides a booklet inside, I kind of wish they just did a Criterion release of Sorcerer instead.
>>
>>61776178
do you know if the blu ray is region coded? i keep seeing different things about it.
>>
>>61776199
I think it's Region 1 only unfortunately
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.