[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i go work for a movie theater? To the people who have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Should i go work for a movie theater?
To the people who have done it post your pros and cons or any sort of good stories.
>>
I work at a movie theater. What do you want to know?
>>
>>66991692
>pros
Free movies
Free food
Flexible hours

>cons
Dealing with public
Cleaning the toilet when some utter cunt pisses/ shits on the floor
Pay is shit
>>
>>66991692
>Does this happens in your cinema too?
Nope. I demand respect. If something like that was happening and I was with my gf or sister, it wouldn't last long. I'd get up, calmly make my way to the aisle, and slowly walk towards them. Then I would grab the biggest kid by his collar and say "YOU THINK YOURE TOUGH?? Then fuckin do something, I know you want to. Fuckin do it, I want you to you disney bitchmade pussy. Not gonna do it? That's what I thought. I could smell the disney on you and your homeboys as soon as you walked into the theatre. Y'all ain't hard. Y'all ain't shit." Lol he'd probably shit himself because he's never had anyone talk to him like that before. You can't let these situations get out of control OP. Don't be bullied by little white kids like a beta.

>internet tough guy
Yeah well when you lift heavy 3 times a week and do boxing training 3 times a week as well as HIIT twice a week, you just wait for situations like these. And especially if I was with my sister or gf I have a duty to maintain the peace. And I will not be disrespected

lol and you haters who try to call me out can talk tough online all you want but if Big P and Deadpool were here we both know you wouldn't say shit. You'd use more respectful language. They've been known to have quite the temper, especially Big P. You might upset and you definitely don't want to do that. Wouldn't end well for you.
>>
Depends how many niggers are in your area
>>
>>66991785
>free food
My theater only offers ~50% discount on the concession food for employees. Even during a shift. I guess they make up for it by letting us bring up to two guests and/or immediate family to see movies (mom, dad, sis, bro)
>>
>>66991780
What is the best and worst thing about working there
>>66991844
not a lot
>>
>>66991912
>not stealing food
>>
>>66991920
>best
Worked with some really cool people, including managers
Free movies are nice if you already like to see movies all the time
If you're not a complete retard, they will train you in several positions. Good experience

>worst
Like the other anon said, the public. Be prepared to deal assholes on a regular basis
Theaters have a lot of managers, be ready to hear conflicting information on how things ought to be done (rules)
Cleaning theaters, or how they call it to make it sound more important than it really is...Ushering
>>
if you like being a janitor/fast food service employee/salesman for minimum wage then do it
>>
Worked there during high school.

Pros
>free movies
>discounted food
>pretty flexible hours
>got to see shit before everyone else

Cons
>Hours can be scarce which is bad if you genuinely need money; you may get one or two super short shifts a week and they're likely to be something like 6-9 on a friday night, which nobody wants
>Management can be absolutely ruthless
>A lot of the time you'll be there until like 2 in the morning if theres a midnight premiere
Big one though
>Its customer service, and you're working somewhere that overcharges for everything. You WILL get shit on several times a shift.

As far as stories its hard to remember off the top of my head.

A guy once got caught jacking off in prometheus

You come across people every now and then getting it on in some capacity if its an empty theatre

Saw some really awful customers

It was basically a cesspool where everyone fucked everyone

Theres probably other shit I'm forgetting atm but overall there are worse jobs if you're in high school
>>
>>66991943
I'm sure I could, but its not like its anything worth stealing. I stopped drinking corn syrup bubble water and only have popcorn sometimes when I see movies.
>>
>>66992130
you get that shit for free if you work there otherwise most theaters it 50% off for menu items.
>>
>>66992158
Nope. Its like $2 for a medium drink, $3 for medium popcorn for employees
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 800x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 800x614
>>66992130
>I stopped drinking corn syrup bubble water and only have popcorn sometimes when I see movies.
You think you're better than me punk?
*empties rest of popcorn bucket onto ground beneath my chair*
Whoops, clumsy me. Someone should pick this up.
>>
>>66992265
Some frogposters just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>66992265
>drinking stuff proven to have semen in it
Your loss fampie
>>
Ive worked in two different theaters, like all customer service it sucked. People are such gigantic assholes
>>
>>66992265
Heh.. nothing personnel kid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.