[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>season 4 What am i in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
>season 4
What am i in for?
>>
2,012 advertisements, followed by one featuring Jason Bateman.
>>
>>66581885
First episode is good, but the first half in general is all set ups and exposition. Kinda how the first season doesn't start out as strong. So there's quite a bit of stuff where you'll be going "yea idk what they're going for here but it's not that funny". When you get to the latter half, that's where it starts to feel like classic AD again. So give the first half the benefit of the doubt is basically my advice. The episode with GOB and Tony Wonder? One of the best things they ever did. Everything after that is very strong too, in my opinion.
>>
>tfw it has already been 3 years since AD came back
>>
>>66581885
Its pretty good. I recently rewatched all 4 seasons back to back. When the 4th first came out I didn't care for it too much. But after not seeing them for 3 years, going back and watching them all, it still has the same feel to it as the first 3 seasons. There are a few character episodes I didn't really care for, but its great either way. Season 5 when?
>>
>>66581996
this is true. but each episode is way too long and all the setups take WAY too long and the payoff in the latter half of the season just isn't worth it
>>
>>66582363
>Season 5 when?
Trump will deliver
>>
File: 1432511183845.jpg (324 KB, 777x1208) Image search: [Google]
1432511183845.jpg
324 KB, 777x1208
>>66581996
Don't listen to this reddit frogposter.

The entire 4th season is garbage, it will leave a disgusting aftertaste, it will spoil the first 3 seasons. All you will remember after watching this seasons is; "AD was pretty cool until season 4 shat all over it and ruined it".

It is a cashgrab. Some smart ass executive thought to himself "netflix is pretty cool, and AD was a pretty good show, but how can we get it to be a trending and new show? I know, lets make a new season!"

AD was perfect, it is easily the best American comedy series, EASILY. It left you wanting for just a little bit more, which is fantastic, because that is what guarantees fond memories of the series and also guarantees that people will talk about it for years to come.

This 4th season has guaranteed that nobody wants more, and everytime AD gets mentioned (be it here or elsewhere), it is but a matter of time before someone mentions the 4th season and all discussion revolves about how it ruined it all, how it was shit, and how it should never have been made.

AD is a lesson on how to ruin something good.
>>
4th is the best comedy made by human beings
>>
>>66582489

Agreed with this. Also there's an oversaturation of Tobias compared to previous seasons.
>>
>>66581885
A flawed masterpiece. As a piece of storytelling it's incredibly impressive and a lot of it is as good as the show ever was, but there are some portions that drag in a way that the original run never really did.
>>
>>66581885
It's not as good as S3 and takes at least two viewings to enjoy it. Still fun, but what hurts the season the most is the whole jigsaw/Rashomon structure.
>>
>>66582515
Except the fifth season is on the way and heaps of people are really excited for it.

You're one of those people who has noticed that cynicism is very popular on this board so you're trying to apply your own brand of negativity to a popular show to appear wise and insightful.
>>
>>66582515
he didnt even post a frog dude
>>
>>66582676
>Except the fifth season is on the way
source, negro?
>>
>>66582676
>You're one of those people who has noticed that cynicism is very popular on this board so you're trying to apply your own brand of negativity to a popular show to appear wise and insightful.
No, I just hate seeing something that was close to perfect go the way of so many other American series by producing one season after the next.

God you are an edgy fuck,
>cynicism is very popular on this board
Holy fuck man, do you read the shit before you post? Anything negative said is cynicism? Do you know what the word even means?
I LOVED the first 3 seasons, how is disliking how something I loved being ruined by cashgrabing "cynicism"? I'll tell you how; not at all, it isn't cynical at all.

>own brand of negativity
What is that even supposed to mean? The sad truth is that you don't even know yourself. You have no idea what you are saying. You just disagreed with what I said and decided to string a bunch of "fancy" words together completely void of any actual meaning. You are the "sort of person" who will undoubtedly enjoy season 4 and 5 whilst acting like they watched the original 3 seasons when thy aired.

Like I said, reddit frogposter.

>>66582904
What does that have to do with anything? Someone who is gay isn't only gay when he is in the middle of an act of bummbuggery, he is gay all the time. Same for frogposting, once a frogposter, always a frogposter.
>>
>>66582515
Nah It's Always Sunny is how you ruin something good, it's fucking terrible now
Also Trailer Park Boys
>>
Ignore the plebs and redditors.

Season 4 spends about 5 episodes setting shit up in order to provide you with a final half of the season which is some of the best television made by man

anyone speaking ill of season 4 is a kufar and should be beheaded
>>
>>66583174
You post like a 16-year-old.

You dedicated like half a line to AD and the rest to refuting my point about your style of posting. You're highly defensive because you want to be well-received on this board, but you're going about it the wrong way. You need to be more original, look through your post and have a look at how many phrases you stole from other posters on this board. You've got to push boundaries, not just copy.
>>
>>66582676
>>66582934
It isn't. Hurwitz has been saying it's coming this year and he's been doing the scripts, but as of 6 days ago, Bateman says there's been no official word on it being confirmed.

http://zap2it.com/2016/02/arrested-development-season-5-jason-bateman-no-plan-yet/
>>
>>66583305
>you want to be well-received on this board, but you're going about it the wrong way. You need to be more original, look through your post and have a look at how many phrases you stole from other posters on this board. You've got to push boundaries, not just copy.
Perfect criticism of the 4th season of AD, couldn't have phrased it better myself.
>>
>>66583269
>Nah It's Always Sunny is how you ruin something good, it's fucking terrible now

kill yourself m8
>>
>>66581885
Shit
>>
http://zap2it.com/2016/02/arrested-development-season-5-jason-bateman-no-plan-yet/

good riddance
>>
>>66583269
>Nah It's Always Sunny is how you ruin something good, it's fucking terrible now
you're fucking terrible
>>
Honestly, I absolutely love it, but slightly less so than the actual series. I'm a huge Tobias fan though, and S4 had his best moments so I'm biased
>>
i agree that second half is pretty good, first one kinda meh.
as im the only member of the patrician scene here in this thread, i declare it closed.
y'all can go back to re**it now.
>>
>>66583347
>>66584169
>jason-bateman
Why are literal whos still allowed?
>>
Nathan Fillion is too talented to continue making this show
>>
>>66584332
yeah his performance as george-michael always seemed way above the rest, the guy is on another level.
>>
>>66583174
>What does that have to do with anything? Someone who is gay isn't only gay when he is in the middle of an act of bummbuggery, he is gay all the time. Same for frogposting, once a frogposter, always a frogposter.
holyfuck i hope you are being ironic
>>
Buster's episode is GOAT
>>
season 5 when
>>
The biggest problem with season 4 was scheduling. Half the characters never appear on screen together, ans when you have a show that has a lot of dynamic character to character stuff it just kinda falls flat.
>>
>>66581885
A decent season of comedy that is fine if you don't compare it to the first three.

Compared to the other shows on tv only best like Sunny and Silicon Valley can top it.
>>
>>66583759
>>66584195
If you can't see that It's Always Sunny is complete dog shit now, especially when compared with the earlier seasons, you really need to sort yourself out
>>
>>66586016
>implying the suburbs episode wasn't fantastic
>>
>>66586016
you

have

bad

taste
>>
>>66583347
Season 3 ended the series fine

Season 4 could've been just a one off where are they now season but instead they wanted to end it with a cliffhanger and act like they were actually going to make more seasons.

>season 5 is coming

Yeah and there's totes gonna be a 5th season of IT Crowd too. I 100% believe these show's respective creators and there's no chance they're full of shit.

It took SEVEN years to get season 4. During which they were claiming there'd be a movie, no a trilogy of movies, no now it's going to be TV movies etc etc

And we're right back there now. They have no idea what they're going to do.

Liza Minelli will die before s5 happens
>>
>>66581885

A once hot Portia de Rossi having undergone a fuckton of plastic surgery... Also, a meh season that was funnier toward the end.

Still hoping they'll do a short season or a movie to wrap it all up.
>>
>>66585790

This is the correct answer.
>>
>>66586240
>Season 3 ended the series fine
>ended
it was cancelled
>>
>>66586158
>>66586049
>>>/Facebook/
>>
>>66586511
Hurwitz knew he was in trouble when FOX only ordered 13 episodes so he tried to tie things up as smoothly as possible.
>>
GOB > Tobias > Buster > George Sr. > Lucille > Michael > Lindsay > George Michael > Maeby
>>
>>66586240

Dont you kill Lezi Mineli yet .

I want more archer and her character is awesome.
>>
File: tumblr_mu2osjDxFr1qcm16uo2_540.png (215 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu2osjDxFr1qcm16uo2_540.png
215 KB, 540x304
Season 4 is awful. Don't watch it unless season 5 turns out to be good
>>
>>66583269
Sunny is shit because they just rehash the same jokes and callbacks instead of putting in effort. And that's another issue with AD. Half the jokes are just "remember when this happened 10 years ago?"
>>
>first viewing
confusing
>second
good
>third
terribad
>>
>>66586648
shell be fine
and her character WAS awesome
season 5 never
>>
>>66586632
What was FOX thinking?
they made a huge mistake tbqh
>>
>>66586636
>Maeby last
kys
>>
Why is Michael such an asshole in season 4?
>>
>>66583315
You are infinitely more insufferable than any of the people you are "mocking"
>>
>>66587188
he has always been an asshole
>>
>>66587260
>replying to that guy
nice one re**it
>>
>>66587109
Not really, the show wasn't making them money. Blame the marketers for not promoting the show until it was too late
>>
>>66586240
>Liza Minelli will die before s5 happens
Does it matter, what with Lucille 2 being dead and all?
>>
>>66586511
As the other anon who replied said. They wrapped the show up when they knew they were in trouble.

Did you honestly not realise the whole "save our Bluths" stuff was meta?
>>
>>66588611
It was like a cliffhanger thing where you don't know what happened.

However they're gonna be forced to write it one way if the inevitable happens.
>>
>>66590229
Her death is pretty much confirmed. Buster got arrested for it, but the cliffhanger is who did it.
>>
>>66586831
This is a big problem when something gets popular and it relies too much on people being familiar with the product.

Movies like dumb & dumber to, Zoolander 2 and Anchorman 2 do the same thing.

As you say it's just a bunch of callbacks.

Archer is at its lowest point when it does that shit too.
>>
>>66583269
TPB is Canadian ya fuckin walrus
>>
>>66586280
THIS

What the fuck happened to her face!!?

Then she does interviews afterwards complaining about unfair beauty standards for older actresses or some shit as if she never had surgery and her face naturally retracted like that.
>>
>>66581885
>awful character-based episode format
>partial abandonment of the documentary feel
>jason bateman is depressingly old
>david cross got fatter and his moustache smaller
>the george bluth episode is so bad you might as well stop watching there
>portia de rossi looks awful with and without the wig
>you'll still want to fuck alia shawkat
>>
>>66583288
This is kinda true but I can't stress enough how funny and enjoyable the entire season is when you watch it
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.