[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CLOVERFIELD LANE EVIDENCE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1048x1552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1048x1552
COME ON GUYS GET ALL YOUR CLUES IN HERE!
>>
fuck off with these shill threads. Cloverfield was always garbage
>>
>>65069472
Wasn't this confirmed for having nothing to do with Cloverfield outside of JJ's 'blood relative comments?

>5 mil budget
>john goodman gets half of that
>85 minutes in bunker
>3.5 minutes outside
>1.5 of the creature
>credits
It had like 3 different production names like Valencia and The Cellar
I forgot the other one.
>>
>>65069553
B-but I don't want it to be that..I want a monster movie..
JJ could be making that budget up. He loves hiding things and keeping everything a secret. It could all be made up right?

How could a movie that is 1:45 mins long of being in a bunker be released in IMAX..?
>>
>make movie no one could possibly give a shit about
>no one gives a shit

>make the commercial a glorified scavenger hunt
>retards on the internet go crazy

you people are disgusting
>>
>>65069751
Same reason Paranormal Activity was in IMAX. $$$
>>
>>65069472
Who /TRS/ here?
>>
>>65069553
The original Cloverfield had a fuckton of names during production too. The main evidence to it being entirely in the bunker seems to be the original 2012 spec script which was since rewritten several times. Plus if they wrapped shooting in 2014 that gives plenty of time for CGI.
Not saying this won't still be a blatant cash-in, just trying to look at all the evidence.
>>
File: 1409784318153.jpg (115 KB, 708x407) Image search: [Google]
1409784318153.jpg
115 KB, 708x407
>Want to buy Swamp Pop
>Too poor to a justify spending 20 dollars on what is essentially 4 bottles of soda.
>>
>>65069751

Maybe the film will have really good sound design.
>>
File: bs why must we drink.gif (3 MB, 528x308) Image search: [Google]
bs why must we drink.gif
3 MB, 528x308
>>65069472
I don't think John Goodman is the right casting for a movie like this. His lines in the trailer just didn't fit him.
>>
Post the mutated pig monster concept aet
>>
if this doesn't end up being a monster movie it's going to be a major flop. people will be hyped to see it in "IMAX" on opening night and once word gets out that it has nothing to do with monsters it's going to be ridiculed all over social media.
>>
>>65071375

His one line in the trailer where he's simply yelling "NO DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR YOU'LL KILL US ALL"?

nigga
>>
>>65071606
There was also "Something's coming..." or something like that.

It just didn't sound like it was delivered right.
>>
>>65069553
>85 minutes in bunker
>3.5 minutes outside

So you're saying that the scene at the end of the trailer when the girl goes outside is the last scene in the movie?
>>
>>65071400
https://ikameka.artstation.com/portfolio/pig-parasite
>>
>>65071220
Remember when it was called Cheese?
>>
I find it hard to believe that its as much as a cash in as you guys keep saying.
That would be a retarded decision on their part. I get how they could shove a franchise onto an existing movie and then act as if that's what it was supposed to be this whole time, but of all things, I doubt they would pick cloverfield - something that would require large amounts of cgi and a huge amount of disappointment if the monster isn't in it.
>>
>>65072711
To be fair, senpai, a lot of people have been asking for a cloverfield sequel for a long time. Personally I'm not a fan of film, but I won't deny that I'd be curious to learn more about the monster and where the hell it really came from. All this to say that if his really had been planned from the start as a Cloverfield sequel, then you can guarantee like hell that this would have been hyped from the start or at least starting a few months ago. It's a complete cash in which is why they keep referring to it as a "blood relative" of the first film. It's really stupid.
>>
>>65072828
I think they're calling it that because calling it a sequel implies it is a continuation of the events of the first movie.
I think this is just set in the same universe, but I'm pretty damn sure it would have been planned that way from the start.
They were super secretive about the first cloverfield, theres nothing to imply that it wasn't the same this time
>>
>>65072129
>>65071400
What is this?
>>
>>65072887
I think it was concept art by someone who has worked with JJ abrams and there was something that said they were working on this too
>>
I think I discovered something, but I don't know if I should tell you...
>>
>>65072955
okay then
>>
>>65072955

please
>>
>>65072955
You can tell or you can leave.
Not telling doesn't really change shit
>>
>>65072711

There's no evidence of this, it's all baseless speculations and rumors that LITERALLY started on Reddit.

It's more likely and logical that this was always intended to be a sequel/spinoff to Cloverfield, but they kept it under wraps for marketing reasons (which was undoubtedly a huge success, because the hype levels were off the chart when the trailer dropped) using fake productions names and the fact that all J.J. Abrams news was focused too focused on Star Wars to bother looking deeper into smaller Bad Robot projects.

The original Cloverfield film used a similar marketing strategy, and even went through several working titles/productions names itself to help keep the movie secretive. (including Cheese, as >>65072150 pointed out)

The main difference is that since this is a sequel, they're approaching the mysterious film marketing angle differently. The original Cloverfield was announced well over a year before the film dropped with a super vague trailer that left the viewer speculating and wanting more, trying to work together the piece together every little bit of information released to try and figure out what the movie is about.

Cloverfield Lane is a sequel, and therefore that initial mystery of what Cloverfield is about is inherently lost. So they went with sort of the opposite approach, and released a super vague trailer to the film rife with things to speculate about, but sidelined people with it by releasing it at the last possible minute out of nowhere 2 months before release. It's mysterious because no one saw it coming and how close it is until it comes out. Combined with how radically different the film is in both subject, tone, and style, and you have this super mysterious, secretive sequel to a film that literally no one saw coming.

It's actually pretty brilliant if you think about it.
>>
>>65071400
>>65072129
>>65072887
>>65072932
https://www.artofkurt.com/who/
Oh shit! I thought from some of his posts he was just an art student but he's an art TEACHER. And it says he's working with Bad Robot. I'm officially hyped.
>>
>>65072874
Actually there's plenty of evidence that this wasn't some super secret sequel planned all along. The only people who don't want to face the facts about this movie see Cloverfield fanboys.
>>
>>65072955

If your 'discovery' is your mom's vagina, don't bother. Everyone already knows it.
>>
>>65073101
>Cloverfield fanboys
C'mon on anon, stop making things up
>>
>JJ could be doing teh ruse guiz
>srsly guiz.....

He could also be cashing in massively with zero effort on a boring bit of stock footage that has been gathering dust.

Hmmmmm, which could it be....
>>
>>65072955

This faggot knows nothing.
Typical tripfag begging for attention
>>
>>65073078
I'm assuming the Swamp Pop shit has Seabed Nectar in it, and during the Cloverfield attack their shipment of the stuff got lost and mutated some wildlife, like that pig. I feel like this movie's entire purpose is to set up that Seabed Nectar is some crazy mutagen and it's fucking up animals and stuff, making the world some apocalyptic monster wasteland. Hell, other sea life could've been eating it too like the actual Cloverfield monster, leading to more enormous sea-life attacking in a future movie.

Just my two cents.
>>
File: 1450814073308.png (69 KB, 226x232) Image search: [Google]
1450814073308.png
69 KB, 226x232
>>65073076

>Cloverfield was super mysterious pre-release in part because they film didn't even has a title yet when the trailer dropped. It was just some random, super secretive movie attached randomly to a Michael Bay movie.

>10 Cloverfield Lane is super mysterious BECAUSE of the title on the trailer, it was a secretive sequel no one saw coming random attached to a Michael Bay movie with no announcement.

POTTERY
>>
>>65073276
I guess in addition, in the script John Goodman has pigs on his property, and the charcters can see the badly decayed pigs from the shelter's window. They're not mutated though, just destroyed due to radiation.

It all kinda connects, I think it's legit.
>>
>>65073276
I dunno. I don't think the pig is actual concept art for the movie. Just concept art that he's done, AND ALSO he might be working on the movie
>>
>>65073140
>he's not the director
Who gives a fuck? Producers do jack shit, I doubt this movie will be tainted by him.
>>
>>65073395
Yeah I doubt he'd give away a creature design from the movie after working this long in secret. I figured it was more like one of the rejected designs.
>>
Someone screenshot all of these shills claiming this is some brilliant ruse and that the film isnt gonna be a massive gotcha with a tacked on ending.

Suddenly /tv/ has developed a verbose hero-worship of JJ Abrahms and his bland marketing shenanigans.
>>
>>65069472
Here, i'll save you the wait

>95% of the film takes place in the bunker
>at the end she escapes or something, and sees some monsters
>>
>>65073395
>>65073543
Yeah, if it's related to the movie at all it's definitely an old rejected design.
>>
>the girl escapes from the survivalists and gets killed by the monster

Mystery solved
>>
>>65073596
You should watch a movie to experience why and how things happen not what happens. It's like people saying "Good guy win at the end, what's the point in watching?" or "All they do is sit at a table and talk."
It's not about what they do but what they say, how they say it and why they say it.
How it's shot, how it sounds, how it makes you feel even.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (32 KB, 497x351) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
32 KB, 497x351
>>65073596

You're naive if you think that.

There are scenes that take place before and after her initial escape attempt, and you can tell be looking at John Goodman's character and the wounds he receives when she hits him with a bottle during her escape attempt.

She attempts to leave, sees SOMETHING, and decides to return to the bunker. The scene where John Goodmen brings out the barrel and shows them SOMETHING also takes place after this.

There's more going on here, we just don't know what.
>>
File: 1452898531166.jpg (3 MB, 1920x9792) Image search: [Google]
1452898531166.jpg
3 MB, 1920x9792
>>65073596
>>65073700
>>
>>65073076
>>>65072711
>There's no evidence of this, it's all baseless speculations and rumors that LITERALLY started on Reddit.
>It's more likely and logical that this was always intended to be a sequel/spinoff to Cloverfield, but they kept it under wraps for marketing reasons (which was undoubtedly a huge success, because the hype levels were off the chart when the trailer dropped) using fake productions names and the fact that all J.J. Abrams news was focused too focused on Star Wars to bother looking deeper into smaller Bad Robot projects.
This is what I've been saying for a while since the production details clearly tell otherwise in relation to what these people have been saying, but in a very predictable fashion, idiots on /tv/ have gone as far as QUOTING REDDIT just to try and reduce the hype and simply shitpost. If they had read what the wiki article (now closed for edits) says about the film, they'll know this film has been treated as a Cloverfield sequel since most likely 2012, when they changed its production title to Valencia. Notice how every single source saying it has nothing to do with the previous movie cites the script for The Cellar even though by all accounts it has been rewritten during the course of two years. Where were all these people in the gasp between March 2015 and January 2016 to report about this secret project? They're simply lying for cookie points and dumbfucks here replicate it.

Production details, including the budget, were kept secret once Bad Robot took over. There are reports of aerial filming and outdoor explosions and debris in the production sets... BUT NAH this obviously takes place primarily inside the bunker, and will feature the obvious twist that "man is the real monster", just because every single JJ Abrams trailer spells everything out... Oh wait.
>>
>>65073898
>gone as far as QUOTING REDDIT just to try and reduce the hype and simply shitpost
No hope for this board is there
>>
>>65073952
As long as people say the word reddit more than reddit itself and enjoy shitposting and memes, no there isn't.
>>
>>65073982
Didn't think so.

Also, where are those reports involving aerials and explosions? You've piqued my interest, la familia.
>>
>>65071282
His films usually have great sound design
>Star Treks
>that fuckin train crash in Super 8
>all parts of Star Wars
>>
>>65072129
>https://ikameka.artstation.com/portfolio/pig-parasite
Whaaaat the fuuuck

Shit that looks pretty cool.
>>
I have never seen such blatant shilling. The studio is trying to manufacture fan speculation. I have never seen this level of detailed trailer analysis for any movie, let alone some run of the mill thriller movie.
>>
>>65069751
>How could a movie that is 1:45 mins long of being in a bunker be released in IMAX..?
Well I read the script for the cellar and it takes place completely in the bunker, but the catch is its only 96 pages. A page of script= a minute of screen time, so that means they've padded at least 10 more minutes in :^)
>>
>>65074210
I guess you missed RLM's hour-long dissection of the Star Wars trailer (that turned out to all be pretty accurate) then.
Anytime someone on this TELEVISION AND FILM board gets remotely excited about TELEVISION AND FILM it's dismissed as shilling. You idiots are almost as bad as /pol/ now.
>>
>>65074020
Check the Production Management credits on IMBD, and the filming details on the wiki article, it says explosions and fire scenes were shot in early December 2014, basically two years ago. Again, where were all these reddit naysayers back then to dismiss this project as "not Cloverfield" even though they've apparently known all along?

>>65074210
Shows how new you are, because back when the trailer for Cloverfield was released, there was even spectral analysis of the voices to difference between the monster roar and the sound of a moaning woman on the background (among other stuff). Shilling this, shilling that, this shit is so typical of /v/ kids who actually believe anyone gives a fuck to market in here, specially since this same discussion is going on in other places and we're the ones being used as a source, not the other way around.
>>
>>65073101
It's more probably that, like >>65073076
said, JJ had several project ideas in the beginning for Cloverfield, mainly circulating around one fictional event and showing the splintered effects on separate people.
And now in a really creative way, the production studio is expanding upon those popcorn kernels with this sequel.

Does that even fucking occur to you?
>>
>>65074287

Send the script then if you're so great :^)
>>
>>65069472
in the trailer we see someone han.dcuf.fed
Is ramona the one?
>>
>>65074501
It's not hard to find- 2 seconds in Google

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptev6rti1jrj3v9/Cellar%2C%20The%20-%20Josh%20Campbell%20%26%20Matt%20Stuecken%20-%204.11.12.pdf?dl=0&preview=Cellar%2C+The+-+Josh+Campbell+%26+Matt+Stuecken+-+4.11.12.pdf
>>
>>65074468

>13 months
>basically 2 years

Wot
>>
>>65074320
That was fucking Star Wars. This is a movie tangentially related to a pretty good movie that came out 8 years ago. It literally just popped up out of nowhere with fully formed, studio manufactured theories already surrounding in.
>>
>>65074645
Math fail? Point still stands.
>>
>>65074595
pls respond, i wanna know if I can masturbate
>>
>>65074940
Most likely.
>>
>>65074940
So it seems...
>>
>>65071074
I didn't know this. Absolutely hilarious
>>
>>65071074
>>65075102
Paranormal actually had some really effective sound design, which was emphasized in IMAX
>>
>>65072129
>>65073078
>>65074148
Post the pic.
Site won't work for me.
>>
File: Cloverpig.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cloverpig.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
>>65075528
>>
>>65073870
That's an interesting find.
>>
>>65074940
Post screencap or webm
>>
>>65077870
of what?
>>
File: image.jpg (814 KB, 1772x1330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
814 KB, 1772x1330
Daily reminder
>>
>>65078000
Handcuffed MEW
>>
>>65078027
>using literal screenshots from reddit as 'evidence'

Also even if that is the case, so what? There have been hints at there being an ARG, which is what these threads are about
>>
Why is nobody talking about how MEW is playing the lead?

Isn't that the important thing?
>>
>>65078089
Just watch the trailer you mongoloid
>>
>>65078548
I can't at the moment.
>>
>>65078586
You can do it later then
>>
>>65078606
Well fugg my autism won't let me.
>>
>>65074599
MODS
>>
File: EvangelineLilly.jpg (276 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
EvangelineLilly.jpg
276 KB, 1280x1920
screener leak when?
>>
>>65079236
That'd be perfect, we could finally find out if it has something to do with Cloverfield and if it doesn't, I wont need to pay money to watch it.
>>
>>65072129
That looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>65073870
nice
>>
>>65080017
Good thing it definitely has nothing to do with cloverfield.
On its own its an interesting design though. Looks like something out of The Thing
>>
>>65074833
Yeah or maybe people who liked the first one are just excited and forming their own theories you massive sperglord. Is it so hard to believe people would speculate about a movie with a history of ARG's after a trailer designed to fuel speculation?
Or maybe that's just what Abrams is paying me to say.
>>
its ogre bros, this isn't cloverfield. JJ rused us yet again.
>>
File: 1450802363126.jpg (67 KB, 647x697) Image search: [Google]
1450802363126.jpg
67 KB, 647x697
Holy shit, you're not even subtle anymore.
>>
>>65073870

Don't trust the tagline?

But it's clearly saying Goodman's the monster.
>>
>>65082328
The original cloverfield tagline was 'some thing has found us', which had basically nothing to do with the movie at all considering it didn't 'find' people, it was waken up by them knowingly.
I dunno, the tagline might just have barely anything to do with the actual story
>>
>>65069472
Fuck Cloverfield, when will someone make some good Lovecraft movie.
Only decent one we got is Mist and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
>>
>>65083053
No Country For Old Men is a good memecraft movie
>>
>>65075624
It has no teeth.
>>
>>65082328
Where are you getting that? In the trailer he doesn't look remotely threatening.
If anything, you can say the monster looks different to Clovie and that there's more than one as it was previously hinted. Also, the one that says "something is coming" doesn't even sound like Goodman.
>>
File: disdain_for_plebs.jpg (38 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
disdain_for_plebs.jpg
38 KB, 400x402
>>65083053
>spooky tentacle monster = lovecraft
>>
>>65071246
I did it against better judgement, but I also have a soda problem. It's not totally related like Slusho though, Swamp Pop has been on it's own for some time now.
>>
File: CV4vOY4W4AIZH9B.jpg (39 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
CV4vOY4W4AIZH9B.jpg
39 KB, 600x381
>>65083266
So we got no Lovecraft movies
>>
Fuck off marketing team, we don't want to participate.
>>
>>65083423
We don't even know if there is actually an ARG this early on anyway.
But judging from this thread, yes "we" do.
>>
>>65083423
LMAO, the Representative of /tv/ has spoken! Rack 'em and pack 'em guys, we're phantoms in 15!
>>
File: 35675675675.jpg (638 KB, 868x839) Image search: [Google]
35675675675.jpg
638 KB, 868x839
Here's some early reactions from a test screening in November: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/board/nest/252674302?ref_=tt_bd_3

Full crew list of the movie showing that the stunt and VFX team for the movie is very small: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Here's some info on the original script(it was originally called The Cellar) if you're interested: http://logins.specscout.com/homepage.php?mod=screenplay&smod=coverage&cmd=cvgd&sp_id=287

And here's someone on twitter who allegedly saw the movie at a test screening a few months ago: https://twitter.com/CharlesLandy/status/687873761203208192 EDIT EDIT EDIT: That tweet is deleted now, but that person apparently saw the movie at the test screening in November when it was still called Valencia. They said it was a "fun twisty little movie" but it had no connection to the Cloverfield universe. I will try to find a screenshot.

Here is an official twitter account for "The Cellar"(movie's original title) that is actually being followed by the 2 writers(Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken) of the initial spec script: https://twitter.com/TheCellarMovie Please note, that account was created 4 months ago.
>>
>>65083671
Yep, this has been posted about 4 times already.

Well done for literally just copying and pasting from reddit btw
>>
>>65078707
it's in there. Go feed MY autism
>>
>>65083766
>Well done for literally just copying and pasting from reddit btw

It's called efficiency. If you weren't unemployed you'd know what it means. Or are you of the le-reddit-is-for-faggits kind?
>>
>>65083842
Le Upboated :D
>>
>>65083842
Why did you need to be efficient when you posted something that is already in the thread multiple times
>>
>>65069472
How much is bad robot paying you to constantly make these threads?
Fuck jj and fuck his stupid mystery box gimmick, it's always occams razor
>>
>>65083671
Enough with this shit, how many times does this have to be debated and debunked?
And by the way whoever wrote all that stuff said the vfx team and stunts were small... Have you seen that page in a while? It's a sizeable team, along with the camera and art department, if this was as small as they claim, it wouldn't have about 20 people alone in the at department. Also, it has a fucking Aerial Ground Coordinator in the crew. Are you still going to insist on this? Look on the page yourself instead of regurgitating reddit tripe.
>>
>>65083893
Because I get shit done. Try it sometime.
>>
>>65084055
You literally got nothing done by posting that.
>>
>>65084004
Yes, keep defending the obvious cashgrab. Gobble down that shit while tossing your cash to Paramount for fucking you over. Same kind of person that defended Transformers 4 after the trailer came out saying it looks better than the others.
>>
>>65083842
Not only reddit is here, they're also dumb enough not to check 10 posts above them to see the EXACT SAME PICTURE posted before.
>>
>>65084088
I got you posting. Which for you must be peak performance of the day.
>>
>>65084114
>doesn't provide an argument
>doesn't prove him wrong
>>
>>65084114
So you didn't disprove anything I said, good job.
>>
>>65084145
Can't argue with that.
The only reason I'm replying is because the thread is dead as fuck
>>
>>65084122
Its not reddit, there is clearly bad robot shilling going on
>>
File: 4576345.jpg (62 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
4576345.jpg
62 KB, 625x352
>oh look they made a sequel to that garbage wannaba Godzilla movie from 2008
>the "sequel" also has nothing to do with the original and only has Cloverfield in the title to lure in unsuspecting people and gullible idiots
>I CAN'T WAIT!

Idiots.
>>
They are the monsters. It's a lizard planet.
>>
>>65074599
kek
>>
LET ME GUESS

Monsters really didn't reach their home and the real monsters are the people inside the bunker

BRAVO JJ
POTTERY
>>
>>65071074
>>65071074
>>65071074

Man, talk about blockbusters.

They spent around $30 million in total for the budget and get back $800 million for it.

That's some Blair Witch profit.

The Purge had $3 million budget and made $80 million.

Lunacy, printing money.
>>
>>65069472

There are no clues.

There's no ARG.

Jesus Fuck, you guys.
>>
>>65085078
There are multiple clues and hints that its an arg.
The drink company using a logo that was really obscurely used as a logo for one of the earlier names of the movie for one.
And selling a 'bunker set' or whatever of drinks for the same price as the number punched into the jukebox at the beginning of the trailer. And also quoting the song in the trailer.
>>
The twist will be a little zombie apocalypse from Cloverfield-chan's spiders.
>>
>>65085143
Yeah, that's an example of (not too creative) viral marketing, nothing more. Most movies get something like that nowadays. Don't expect much else.
>>
I've seen it.

HERE'S THE ENTIRE PLOT

NOT JOKING. NOT TROLLING.

95% of the film is set in the basement.

A girl named Michelle wakes up in a bomb shelter after suffering a terrible car accident.

John Goodman's character is a survivalist, doomsday prepper who claims a gas attack has made the surface of the earth unlivable.

Michelle begins to question John's good intentions, and begins to think that she has been kidnapped.

She struggles to escape the underground lair believing she is being held against her will.

When she finally reaches the surface door of the bomb shelter she opens it to see that a giant gas based monster is looming in the sky. It's smoky tendrils reach down and destroy her and everyone in the shelter.

THE END

NOT
EVEN
JOKING

CAP
THIS
Definite LOST vibe going on
>>
>>65085386

Dear God.... That's about what I expected.
>>
I was really hoping it was a Fallout film.
>>
File: thumbs-up-matt.jpg (202 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up-matt.jpg
202 KB, 450x450
>>65085386

Bravo Abrhams!
>>
>>65085386
We already know she goes back in after she sees outside though.
You can tell by looking at John Goodman's scar on his face.
Stop being a faggot
>>
>>65085678

>We already know she goes back in after she sees outside though.

She does not.

>You can tell by looking at John Goodman's scar on his face.

The scar comes from the smack in the face with the bottle. Time passes after that incident.

You suck cock, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 135x149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 135x149
>>65085386
I'd believe you if you drew what this monster looked like but you didn't.

and you also just typed out the trailer.. try harder reddit
>>
>>65085751
go back to /r/movies
>>
>>65085812
>>65085846

>Muh Reddit meme!

Total cunt.

You can actually see the monster in the movie poster. Or at least a glimpse of it.

Again, you suck cock. Faggot.
>>
File: autism.png (470 KB, 848x455) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
470 KB, 848x455
Ummm...
>>
File: pizzadeliveryguyface.png (31 KB, 335x325) Image search: [Google]
pizzadeliveryguyface.png
31 KB, 335x325
>>65085870
Finally, I'm sick of seeing on almost every board on this anime/weeaboo influenced website comments about telling people to go back to reddit. It's annoying and doesn't help the discussion of what truly matters.
>>
>>65085870
>You can actually see the monster in the movie poster. Or at least a glimpse of it.

[citation needed]
>>
>>65086129
The word "monster" is literally on the poster. So we can actually see it.
>>
>>65071744
exactly
>>
File: face it.png (76 KB, 246x160) Image search: [Google]
face it.png
76 KB, 246x160
>>
John Goodman is Hurley
>>
File: cloverfieldface.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cloverfieldface.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>65086340
Good times.
>>
File: 1438561179322.png (72 KB, 133x237) Image search: [Google]
1438561179322.png
72 KB, 133x237
>>65086204
kek'd
>>
>>65085870
draw what you saw..
>>
I have never seen a more blatant shill internet force than the one doing the rounds for this film. It is beyond pathetic.

Genuinely embarrassed while reading some of these posts. Cant wait till the film drops and its a patchwork cashgrab turd and suddenly MUH ARG, MUH RUSE, MUH SCAR suddenly vanishes.
>>
File: 1452122767812.png (111 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1452122767812.png
111 KB, 672x434
>>65086340
OH MY GOD IT'S L-I-R-E-R-A-L-L-Y NOTHING
>>
>>65086509
ok
>>
>>65085952

Nate is Goodman. She likes the dad dick.
>>
>>65085386
What about the third guy?
>>
>first few cuks pay money to see it
>word gets around that there's no/hardly any monster
>nobody else sees it
>disappointment averted

I suppose it comes down to whether they can make a profit on the minimal original budget plus however much the reshoots cost. Here's hoping they get fucked over
>>
File: 1447277267859.jpg (24 KB, 189x165) Image search: [Google]
1447277267859.jpg
24 KB, 189x165
>/pol/ shits have invaded this board and now we can't talk about the new Cloverfield ARG
>>
>>65086854
What does /pol/ have to do with it? It's obviously reddit trying to ruin everryone's fun, idiot.
>>
>>65069553
>JJ's 'blood relative comments
kek cloverfield fans are about to get prometheus'd
>>
>>65084300
this tbqh
>>
>>65086933
I'd welcome it.
I mean, Prometheus was dumb but not awful
>>
>>65086895
If anything, reddit are the ones actually seriously looking into the arg.
Most of the info here is from their subreddit
>>
If I would have been put in charge of the sequel to Cloverfield, I would have made it so it's a found footage movie of the same events of the first but from someone else's perspective.

There have to be a few more decent stories in all of new york fucking city.
>>
>>65087138
That was how it was going to be, wasn't it?
>>
Cool fact: if you go on the backlot tour of Sony Pictures I think it is? you can actually walk down the street that the monster threw the Statue of Liberty's head.
It's a pretty cool thing to do.
>>
>>65087250
Not that anon but I think I read something a few years ago saying JJ thought that'd be a cool idea but they never went further than, "Shit. That WOULD be cool."
>>
>>65087298
That was probably what I'm remembering
>>
A sign of the change of this board for the worst is how we can't discuss something like this without being confronted with both the /v/-/pol/ imbeciles who talk down on anything with shill accusations, and the dumb redditors who clearly don't understand how the posting in this board works and are hellbent on imposing their own opinions on others. No, you can definitely hate on this movie or the previous one if you like, or the production company etc, that's normal and we're used to that, but there's that and there's the blatant insistence on a stupid lie based on LITERALLY REDDIT SCREENSHOTS.

If only there was some sort of archive back in 2008 to show these faggots the level of discussion and dissection we had on this ARG. It's disappointing to see them screaming "SHILL, VIRAL MARKETING!!!" when the fucking point of participating is to find out more about the more of a movie in advance... Except they're used to just scour the web for filming details and rumors so when they couldn't do that this time, they've assumed anyone who wants to figure things out the way we've learned is a paid shill.

Anyway, can't wait until they're proven wrong, there's enough evidence in the IMDb page for the credits to show this won't be the same crap they've been posting incessantly in these threads.
>>
>>65087461
lol get dekced homo, i can post this stuff all day and i'll keep making you mad at other boards.
>>
>>65087461
How about how after arguably the biggest movie of this entire board's existence came out the mere idea that maybe 20 people out of 200,000 might want to make a thread about it at the same time was pure evidence of shilling.

I'm not saying shills don't exist on /tv/ because they certainly do, but not every person who is excited about an upcoming or brand new movie is getting paid to try to convince you to buy it on blu-ray for you and all your friends.
>>
>>65087593
>I'm not saying shills don't exist on /tv/ because they certainly do,
They literally don't.
Do you people really think /tv/ is a wide enough market for people to bother posting here?
Maybe /b/, but not here
>>
>>65087661
People who keep repeating themselves about 'le shills' have no fucking idea how they really work.

I mean, nobody here can even define the word, that's how fucking dumb and overused the word is.
>>
>>65087661
>maybe /b/
If this were 2008 I would agree with you.
Even up until 2013 it was a pretty focused place and you could get people talking about cool shit.
Nowadays it's cock rate threads and bananafests amid trap and faces of /b/ threads.

I would bet that /tv/ and /mu/ have enough daily/monthly visitors to warrant the people who's shit we talk about to want our general opinion to be a positive one.

I think 4chan has 200,000+ daily visitors or something like that. Places like /trv/ don't get nearly as much traffic as /tv/ so the numbers don't average out the way you think they would.
I'd say /tv/ is probably up in the top 5 most visited boards, but I'm guessing.
>>
>>65086255
This is wrong, it has been confirmed that happens early in the movie.
>>
>>65085952
No, I know there's about a million things that don't add up between the script and what's in the trailer.

>the sling
>the vent crawling. In the script she throws a blanket up there and all he does is reach his arm in and pull it out
>no mention of swamp pop ever
>no bottle broken over Howard's head. Or at least in the script it's nate that shoves him into a wine rack and beats him up

The script is barely recognizable to what we see actually, and also how are they going to cover the part where she sees his two hogs decaying as proof of a dangerous flesh eating chemical in the air if the reason they're traped down in the bunker has been changed to Clover just taking out Chicago? She sees the pigs early on as a plot device to keep her in there, if there's no chemical- there's no pigs. If there's no pigs- she has no reason to stay. If she has no reason to stay, there's no movie.
>>
>>65089118
But don't worry people will keep telling everyone that its just a barely edited old script anyway
>>
File: look.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
look.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>MEW
how did I not hear about this
>>
>>65087593
But you see, that's the thing: many people were screaming "SHILL!!" at those who posted about Star Wars. I mean, why would the biggest movie last year need a marketing team in this board? It's beyond ridiculous, they have enough money for toys, TV ads and even fruit within the brand, and yet somehow they would like to promote it even further in a board where most people was gonna see it anyway? Nah brah.

It's pretty simple, people who post about Cloverfield have simply been waiting for a sequel and the hype has gone through the roof about it, whether it was a good movie or not is not really part of the debate since it clearly had a following, which is more that can be said about other franchisees that have had sequels and fans have frowned upon them.
>>
>>65084879
Is this a script or a greentext story?
>>
>>65073076
JJ had star wars brewing until a month ago. I'm sure that helped this little project of his fly under he radar too. No one gave a shit about what else he was doing because they were too anxious waiting for his nostalgia pandering cash grab to come out.
>>
>>65074599
>guy finds injured woman
>brings her to 'safety'
>"you should eat the eggs"
This has gotta be a joke
>>
File: download.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
Just reread the concept artist guy's page for the pig parasite and he says it was done by one of his students. Bummer.
But still, the guy does a lot of monster designs and is working on SOMETHING for Bad Robot so who knows. Did anyone ever figure out what those sculpts were in the director's Gundam pic?
>>
Honestly what are you guys expecting if you find the prospect of the monster being in it for like 3 minutes at the end disappointing? What is your best case scenario for this movie?

Do you want all three of them to exit the bunker halfway through to fight the monster? Do you want a montage of them going to the library to read about the events of the first Cloverfield movie?
>>
File: skeptical_scully.gif (966 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
skeptical_scully.gif
966 KB, 500x579
>>65073316
Spooky.
>>
File: 1451898780623.jpg (282 KB, 1000x554) Image search: [Google]
1451898780623.jpg
282 KB, 1000x554
>>65091021
>What is your best case scenario for this movie

Not sure, an actual ARG, maybe John Goodman pulling a dead parasite from that barrel, and the monster showing up for a total of 15 minutes.

Worst case scenario is I might actually watch a bunker movie that isn't complete shit.
>>
>>65091021
I'm not expecting anything MORE than them seeing the monster at the end. The only thing I'm arguing is that it was something entirely different and then they changed it to add it in.
Besides, as it goes so far, we know literally nothing about the plot at all, we have no idea if they'll ever even leave.
>>
>>65091021
Here's what I presume will happen: eventually they'll leave the bunker seeing as fire quickly consumes oxygen in enclosed locations, there's no way they're gonna stay inside if that happens. When they brave it outside, they find the monster or monsters even, no military or just sparse aerial raids, and then they see themselves surrounded by these creatures eating their way around.
Either way I don't see them staying inside for too long, there really is not much conflict to be had inside.
>>
>>65085386
That doesn't explain the whole reason the bunker burns, what's in the barrel, and many more questions.
>>
>>65073870
And what if the other guy is the "monster" and not Goodman ?
>>
>>65091144
>"Not sure, an actual ARG"
>Hopefully this movie turns out to be a video game!
>>
>tfw MEW will be barefoot for the entire movie
>>
Just read the whole script for the cellar movie.
If all those people are right and this is actually just a barely edited version of that, I'd be fine with it.
It was a great script.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.