[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Show is told it is awesome. >IMDB 8.6 >waching ep1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: the-knick-cinemax-poster[1].jpg (85 KB, 726x504) Image search: [Google]
the-knick-cinemax-poster[1].jpg
85 KB, 726x504
>Show is told it is awesome.
>IMDB 8.6
>waching ep1
>year ~1800s
>nigger appears
how the fuck would ther be a black man? an educated one. from england. How?
>watching ep2
white men pictured as bigotts
black doctor is Mary Sue (knows a better technics than the 3 white doc, treats the poor, fights the bully)
duh.

Is this 1984, SJWs changing the past?

anyway. whats /tv/ stance about this show?
>>
the nigger character was made after a real black surgeon of the time. but a /pol/tard like you would never bother checking the facts before shitposting..

probably the best show in the past few years. thank god it was very isolated on /tv/ with only handful of anons contributing to threads while everyone was too busy jerking off to sw
>>
The whole show is just the jews trying to trick the goy into worshipping at the alter of the poor oppressed black man.

Waste of great cinematography and period detail.

>>64484886
Hello reddit.
>the nigger character was made after a real black surgeon of the time. but a /pol/tard like you would never bother checking the facts before shitposting..
Yes, funny how they pick the one "exceptional" negro and then slot him into the world as if his level of skill is intelligence is common place. Funny how they decided to incorporate the negro into the show when he was literally one in a million. Doesn't break the believability of the show. I'm sure someone has survived jumping out of a ten story bulding before in real life. Doesn't mean that if that happened in a movie it would be "realistic".

It is unethical to depict a smart black man. All you're going to do is influcence some cucked whiteys infected by the liberalism meme into going to a black neighbourhood with a "we're all just people" attitude and then getting shot then raped. Hey, maybe this show isn't so bad.
>>
>>64485104
funny how you found a white surgeon who operated while being high on coke and heroin perfectly believable but a not a black surgeon who actually has a perfectly well implemented story arc (connections to the hospital owner, experience in europe which was at the time far more progressive than US etc etc)

But hey, please indulge yourself and try to rationalize and further explain you being a rascist piece of shit. :^)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else enjoy the special effects on the show? This part was wild https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nplG1W4nOjk

>>64484800
Wait till you get to season 2 anon.
>>
basically the reason I dropped the show.

There's having a character who's black and then having a black character.

I want early 21st century medicine not some sad tale about an oppressed black man that we've seen a million times.
>>
>>64485194
If you wouldn't put a bullet in the dead of every black person on the planet today then you are a brainwashed leftist terrorist.

Now return to reddit because we have enough radicalized "cucks" on this board.
>>
>>64485303
Stay mad while the rest of us are enjoying the one actually decent tv show in years.
>>
>>64485288
20th century that is
>>
File: gallinger.jpg (25 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
gallinger.jpg
25 KB, 570x238
>>64485342
I will give the show credit for the great direction and soundtrack it deserves. I also enjoy the surgery scenes and most of the white characters but the cuckold ideology of the show prevents it from being "decent". Take this guy,

>literally everything he does or says is correct
>language of the show tells us otherwise

Cuckoldoodledoo.
>>
>>64484800
pretty good show
>>
>>64485491
Did you even watch the fucking show?

>leaves his wife after a mental breakdown in a shoddy clinic to have her teeth pulled out
>sabotaging negro the whole time
>sucker punches him like a little pussy cunt that he is, fucking up his sight for good
>commences unethical sterilization and moves to berlin, effectively bringing eugenics to nazi regime

Are you fucking kidding me, he was lost and had no idea what the fuck he was doing.
>>
>>64485587
>>leaves his wife after a mental breakdown in a shoddy clinic to have her teeth pulled out
>>sabotaging negro the whole time
>>sucker punches him like a little pussy cunt that he is, fucking up his sight for good
>>commences unethical sterilization and moves to berlin, effectively bringing eugenics to nazi regime

Literally nothing he did or said was wrong.

>eugenics is unethical
>nazis were wrong
Hello reddit.
>>
>>64485656
Watch that edge anon, you might cut yourself.
>>
File: Versailles-season-1-download.jpg (118 KB, 670x418) Image search: [Google]
Versailles-season-1-download.jpg
118 KB, 670x418
>>64484800

you made the mistake of watching a historical series produced in 2015.

I watched the first 3 episodes of pic a few weeks ago. Couldn't handle it and had to stop.

All ironically these things happened in just 3 episodes:
>Louis xiv is a SJW, and doesn't go apeshit when his wife literally cucks him with a nigger midget
>his brother is a transgender, but also a brilliant military leader
>of course there is also a stong independant womyn
>she's the daughter of the king's personal daughter, and of course she's smarter than anybody else, but has to stay hidden because of patriarchy

My last hope is for Russia to produce some quality historical series. Otherwise the genre is dead
>>
>>64485697
You'll never cut through the bullshit lies around modern society without a little bit of edge.

That line about europe is pretty hilarious though. You can tell the writers wanted the audience to look at each other and say "uh-oh" and then feel bad about what he was going to do but I was genuinely happy for Gallinger in that moment so it completely backfired.
>>
>>64485770
oh shit, thats true about Black Sails too
>>
>>64485778
Are you a cuck dude? You are so mad at Tyrone lmao
>>
>>64485587
>suckerpunching

Bitch ass nigga wanted to roll with the big boys, got what he deserved.
>>
>>64486698
You'd be a cuck not to spend every free moment of your day fighting the black race.
>>
>>64485778
>/pol/ equates crass boorishness with edginess

how adorable
>>
>>64486808
shitposting on 4chan doesnt qualify as fighting anything, anon
>>
>>64486808
The people taking pictures of themselves with words on them are fighting harder than you ever will by shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>64486886
This is a battle of memes. I am educating a cuck right now. Eventually me or a likeminded 4chan poster will break through his cuck armor and he'll either renounce his degenerate lifestyle or kill himself. If enough leftists are brought to the right in threads just like this one then the white race just may live to see another day.
>>
>>64485104
Hello reddit
>>
>>64486954
>pictures of themselves with words on them
Words like "BLACKED" and "BBC slave" I don't know what you're referring to.
>>
>>64486982
ideas only catch on and spread if they are compatible with the minds exposed to them.

So you repeating the word cuck over and over again is about as effective as ... well, shitposting on 4chan to influence social issues.
>>
>>64487035
>ideas only catch on and spread if they are compatible with the minds exposed to them.
You break the minds down and then rebuild them from the ground up in the correct image.
>shitposting on 4chan to influence social issues.
4chan gets mainstream news attention every year. They're making a movie of gamergate. It's not "le obscure memehouse" we are a full fledged army.
>>
>>64486808
how are you fighting by making 3rd grade level shitposts on fucking 4chan?
>>
First season was cool. It had a lot of great side storylines that supported the main one. Clive Owen is great in the first season and I like the tension of the group of the hospital. It's well paced and the setting is something we're not use to on television.

The first half of the second season had me, but all these side stories seem to be lingering around with no end in sight. They're mishandling their abortion storyline and Thackery is too erratic to even care about anymore. Same with Bertie, and as soon Algernon's wife showed up, I dropped it.
>>
>>64487114
Your ability to troll is impressive
>>
>>64484800
I liked it but the only good arc was Thackery.
The rest ended pretty meh
>>
>>64487114
>You break the minds down and then rebuild them from the ground up in the correct image.

ROFL this isn't bootcamp its 4chan. You're putting text on an imageboard, not pushing people to their physical and mental limits. You are completely powerless and utterly laughable.
>>
>>64487241
Are you responding to yourself?
>>
>>64484800
Yeah I didn't even bother, it smelled like hot liberal cuck garbage

>OH NO RACISM IS SO EVIIIIIL
>>
>>64487241
>ROFL this isn't bootcamp
Isn't it? I came here 8 years ago an ignorant teenager who thought he was left wing, completely uneducated and ambivilant towards blacks, jews and females. Now I am ready to lay down my life for my white brothers without a moment's hesitation.
>>
Except that the black guy is a drunk and starts bar fights for no reason.
>>
>>64487324
You are definitely arguing with yourself. Loser.
>>
>>64487355
That part isn't the problem. The propaganda part is that he is depicted as smart and capable outsid of that. They know if he is just pure one dimensional propaganda audiences will see through it and reject it, so they give him some token flaws to disguise the political motivations.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 394x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 394x338
>>64487324
Sure thing.
>>
>>64485656

Middle Class White Boy Eating Doritos: the post
>>
>>64487324
You spent your formative years on a site being raided by scientology, stormfront, and filled with trolls.

You're just an idiot who lacked the mental capacity to form his own opinions, and are now trapped endlessly regurgitating a vitriolic mixture of bullshit, jokes, ignorance, and maybe one or two misrepresented facts.
>>
File: image.png (785 KB, 1026x622) Image search: [Google]
image.png
785 KB, 1026x622
>>64485697
Kike shills getting BTFO no matter the board.
>>
>>64487430
>he is depicted as smart and capable

So what?

>if he is just pure one dimensional

He's not one dimensional, which is a good thing. I don't know what your point is.
>>
>>64487430
He went to the best schools in the world and studied with the best minds in the world, all thanks to his great-white-father, then in the US he could only get a job at a hospital staffed by madmen and bargains because the manager was squeezing every penny he could to blow on a whore... and because his benefactor basically owned the hospital.
>>
>>64487566
The point is that the only reason he isn't non-dimensional is because they're attempting to thinly veiled their propaganda.
>>
>>64484800
But the show is in the early 1900s, Europe was already 'okay' with blacks and it was 'normal' for them to get education and such in Europe.
>>
>>64487712
Are you sure it's propaganda? I mean, the guy actually existed. If you gonna say something is propaganda talk about the abortion shit, but oh wait you're just some wanna be nazi faggot.
>>
>>64487745
>Europe was already 'okay' with blacks and it was 'normal' for them to get education and such in Europe.
So Europe were the biggest cucks even then? Good to know. God, I want to kill every white black enabler almost as much as I want to kill the blacks themselves, maybe even more so. The blacks wouldn't be able to survive without their "keepers" anyway.
>>
>>64487818
>I mean, the guy actually existed.
Doesn't stop the way the show ultilizes him from being propaganda. If you were to pick 10 people in that profession in this country at the time to be characters for a TV show then there's a 99.9% chance they'd all be white. The fact that choose that 00.01% for agenda pushing at the expense of believability tells you all you need to know.
>>
>>64487842
Anon, you learn this in 4th or 5th grade, they even teach it in the South you hillbilly cracker. :^)
>>
>>64485587
>effectively bringing eugenics to nazi regime
and he nearly succeeded, god knows eugenics were the right thing to do
>>
>>64485491
He killed his own child and his wife went mad because of it. Gallinger is the fucking worst.
>>
>>64487582
Thread over. If you've watched the show you know that it's not anyone's idea of propaganda and shouldn't be arguing with people baiting race arguments. If you haven't watched it because of a wrongfully perceived agenda then you're already depriving yourself of the best show of the past few years which is punishment enough. Let's let this die.
>>
>>64487970
He's based on two black doctors of the time. Does it really bother you that they talk about racism in an actually good and non forced way?
>>
>>64488160
I've seen every episode of the show and it's disgusting propaganda. It remains watchable for the aesthetics but at the center of it all you have this fairytale monument to cuckoldry.

Come watch the knick if you want to see white women get bred by disgusting minorities and honest christian values get thrown to the wind.
>>
>>64488241
>whitey be evil
>good and non-forced

They're not even good at delivering propaganda since their "racist" white man comes across as far more smart and reasonable than their magical black man, and I believe I would still hate Edwards and ADORE Gallinger even if I had watched this show before I became involved in the white supremecist community.
>>
>>64488319
>OH NO PEOPLE WERE RACIST IN 1900 WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

>I became involved in the white supremecist community

I guess i got baited.
>>
>>64488247
You just sound like you're insecure. Try explaining what viewpoints it's trying to put forth without using the word "cuckold" or any of it's variations.
>>
>>64488400
>>OH NO PEOPLE WERE RACIST IN 1900
The problem with the show is that the makers think there is something wrong with that. Imagine this show if Edwards was the villian and the "progressiveness" around him was depicted as danderous and wrong.

>I became involved in the white supremecist community
>LE BAIT
Are you forgetting where you are? You yourself are related to the white supremecist community purely for the reason you post on /tv/.
>>
>>64488463
Blacks are capable of decency and intelligence.

It is a positive thing for white communities to integrate with them.

Blacks are equal to whites.

It's wrong for white folks to stand in the way of black people.

Eugenics is bad.

Liberalism is good.
>>
>>64488531
>Are you forgetting where you are?

I know exactly where i am, not in /pol/. Now go back to your containment board.
>>
>>64488620
I've never been to /pol/ in my life. /tv/ has always been an anti-black board.
>>
>>64488531
This guy is arguing with himself on this thread people. Can you not see that?
>>
>>64488531
You'd have an argument if they didn't show actual niggers as they were in the 1900s, and firmly establish that Algernon is different because of the extreme fortune to be born the son of a servant to a man with more money than sense.

There's also the massive and completely intended symbolism of the character being named Algernon.
>>
>>64488531
I like shooting fish in a barrel. Edwards isn't portrayed as a hero, he beats the shit out of random people for selfish reasons and abandoned his wife (and the woman he got pregnant), as well as being overconfident to the point of being reckless. If you watched the show without pausing it to furiously jack off your hate boner every five minutes you would realize this.
>>
i don't know why /pol/ doesn't love this show

the black doctor gets fucked by the eugenics loving white doctor
>>
>>64488620

/pol/ will will dominate the internet, you intolerant bigot.
>>
>>64488676
/tv/ complains when they turn a white character to black and shout cuck every other post, only idiots from /pol/(like yourself) bitch about actual good characters only because they're black.
>>
>>64488803
>/pol/ will will dominate the internet
I'm loving that unintentional text-stutter.
>>
>>64488718
I am aware of the negative traits they give him, but I am also aware that they are tokenistic gestures made to make the propaganda core of the character less obvious. None of his character even matters in terms of it being a dangerous lie past the point of this question. "Is the black man depicted as being intelligent?" Yes he is. That's why it's a cuck character through and through. He could spend the entire show raping the white wimmins and it would still be leftist propaganda purely for the fact he is shown to be smart.
>>
File: 1439860667838.png (21 KB, 360x483) Image search: [Google]
1439860667838.png
21 KB, 360x483
>>64484800
>>
>>64488833
>smart black people don't exist and have never existed

What you just said.
>>
>>64488812
Only "good" black character would be drug addicted violence gutter filth with an IQ of 70. Now go jerk off to the chess scene from The Wire again little liberal kekold and stop implying that everyone who disagrees with your world view is from /pol/. If you started using the strawman in the real world people would think you were mentally ill.
>>
File: ..png (112 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
..png
112 KB, 500x501
>>64488833
>>64488911
>>
>>64487745
Are you dumb? We had fucking african colonies across the world and thought of them for what they are - little more than animals. Europe was 99.9% white European at this point seeing a black person walking down the street would be a shock to the system for the vast majority.

SJWS are now using historical dramas to lie and brainwash people into thinking that weve 'always been multicultural' and 'look anon diversity and immigration are nothing new'.
>>
>>64484800
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Dumas

Black people have existed in the past. Some of them, perhaps even educated
>>
>>64488911
To be fair, people don't start gibbering about the inferiority of the nigger to the glorius white master race in the real world.

That only seems to happen on the internet.
>>
>>64488900
>smart black people don't exist and have never existed
Maybe one in a million.
>>
>>64488983
Poor b8, m8.
>>
>>64488996
>That only seems to happen on the internet.
Maybe in your leftist city. Where I live I can wear my #BlackLivesDontMatter shirt and no one bats an eye other than to pay respect to me.
>>
>>64488620
4chan now is /pol/, faggot. Its always been ours, faggot.
>>
File: dumas.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dumas.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>64488967
>>
>>64489085
I thought 4chan belonged to the weeaboos.
>>
>>64489143
Yea, but they jokingly used the word nigger occasionally, due to being SAgoons, so that makes stormfront think 4chan was always racist.
>>
>>64485104
>It is unethical to depict a smart black man. All you're going to do is influcence some cucked whiteys infected by the liberalism meme into going to a black neighbourhood with a "we're all just people" attitude and then getting shot then raped. Hey, maybe this show isn't so bad.

You know, the best thing about Obama being president is how upset people like you are
>>
>>64489085
newfag
>>
>>64489224
The jews using a black as their puppet doesn't make me particularly upset.
>>
>>64489224
whats funny is the second hes done, 4chan's racism phase will end overnight.

From that point on, they'll be comparing him to [whoever].
>>
>>64489143

Adolf Hitler was a weeaboo.

Does the term "East Aryan" mean anything to you?
>>
>>64489331
>4chan's racism phase will end overnight.
Nice try, reddit sensibility poster. It's only going to intensify when Trump gets in. Give it a few years and 4chan will be recognized as a legitimate global power.
>>
I was one of the few who would participate in knick threads when the show was on. Glad most of you piece of shit /pol/tards didn't pay attention to it and were too busy losing their minds over sw casting a black guy :^)

I think the Knick may be the goat if season 2 was the last season. shit is perfect
>>
>>64489429
Every time something is posted on 4chan, at least two people take it seriously, and at least one person is stupid enough to agree.

Seems you were rused. You'll find out how badly soon enough.

:^)
>>
>>64489460
It's a blessing and a curse. It's the only show this year that actually deserved in depth discussion every week so the lack of it was disappointing but I'd take no conversation over this shit every time. I agree that after Season 2 The Knick is one of the all time greats.
>>
>/pol/ unable to enjoy great show

Am I supposed to be mad? Fuck you duu
>>
>>64489855
Keep slurping at that BBC cuckboy.
>>
>>64485656
WEW, LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>64489855
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64484800
>Show has beautiful cinematography, great production values, one of the best tv scores of all time and one of the best Clive Owen performances
>/tv/ just talks about "muh nigger doctor"
>>
>>64487163
The season apparently series finale is great. You should watch the rest.
>>
>>64490513

>d-don't pay attention to the negative aspects!
>>
The show is about societal changes at the start of the last century, with the hospital as the background. If you don't like that, give it up.
>>
>>64490513
>one of the best Clive Owen performances
Fucking lmao. That's like praising a movie for having the best Hayden Christensen performance. The man is a meme. I don't care if he was in your fedoracore.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.