[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start watching Strike Back >wife kicks him out for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 91nsuaFRHHL._SL1500_.jpg (389 KB, 1116x1500) Image search: [Google]
91nsuaFRHHL._SL1500_.jpg
389 KB, 1116x1500
>start watching Strike Back
>wife kicks him out for some reason after he resigns from special forces, says they can more easily work on their problems apart somehow
>decade later he's estranged from his wife and daughter, daughter says she's too busy to spend time with him, hangs up on him while he's mid sentence
>after he volunteers for a mission and goes missing they're informed he's probably dead
>daughter reacts like they're the closest father-daughter ever and hits the messenger
>wife says good riddance, he was a drain on everyone around him
What the fuck, why are his family such cunts to him? None of this was explained. Will they even be repentant and relieved when it turns out he's alive or will they still be inexplicable assholes to him?
>>
bump, does /tv/ like it? I've seen it mentioned a few times but not really to any detailed extent. There's nothing else to watch at the moment.
>>
File: Paul Anka.jpg (15 KB, 476x358) Image search: [Google]
Paul Anka.jpg
15 KB, 476x358
Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.
>>
>>64420450
>Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.
>
>This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition.
But what if they were unhappy with themselves before that and found the remolded product better?
>>
>Every episode that 4/10 American agent gets to play fuck hot chicks out of pure fucking randomness

Someone's entertainment agent definitely got him a good fucking deal
>>
>>64420450

>Having a job. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

>Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

Etc.
>>
>>64420144
If the spouse of the primary character isn't completely on their side, they must be completely against them. This makes you feel for the main character, having the one they loved be a complete ass to them.

Father-daughter relationships are easy to sell, and the father is instantly given some authoritative standing.
>>
On episode 3 now.
>now that he's back operating his cunt daughter gives him a hard time for not being able to spend a certain weekend with her and says he's never had time with her
>ignoring those times she would hang up on him while he was midway offering to spend weekends with her
>forgetting that she thought he was dead a week ago
Jesus christ, no wonder he wanted to go on a suicide mission.
>>
>>64420450
The military isn't slavery.

The only direction people try to steer you in is one that directly benefits them. The military is no different.

For all the technological marvels and wonders of the internet, people stuck to their keyboards end up wasting their lives because they can't unstuck themselves. The military gets you out there doing something and gaining practical experience.

>This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.
I can't hear you over your baa-ing. Every day you are influenced and corrupted by people writing to make money, designing clickbait, trying to do anything to get your attention solely so they have your attention.

You're on 4chan. You're posting pics of Simpsons, and your spiel is played out and old, and not one word of it came from your true self.

Look in the mirror. You've lost the game.
>>
>>64420450
>>64421090
The military isn't slavery but it is indentured servitude desu.
>>
File: despair.png (119 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
119 KB, 300x298
>>64421090
>You're on 4chan. You're posting pics of Simpsons, and your spiel is played out and old, and not one word of it came from your true self.
>
>Look in the mirror. You've lost the game.
s-stop making me feel like this
>>
File: Soon To Be Busted.jpg (33 KB, 622x276) Image search: [Google]
Soon To Be Busted.jpg
33 KB, 622x276
>>64421090
>Look in the mirror. You've lost the game

The projection is real
>>
>>64420144
I really liked this show. The cast was realistically diverse aside from the multiple female commanders. Though the actress' they chose for those roles were tough looking enough to not seem out of place.

I liked that there was very little bullshit, every episode had gunfights, the plot moving forward and sweet operatorbro bantz.

There wasn't much to it but I really enjoyed this show and could have kept watching another couple seasons.
>>
>>64421017
just as a mild spoiler he pretty much gives up on his family and dives head first into the shit before its over with.

>>64421221
This

Another thing is that while there were plenty of females on the show its pretty easily shown the women just can't handle some of the out in the field nut busting stuff like Stonebridge and Scott can.
That whole final season is just brutal
>>
>>64421090
fuckin welfare queen justifying not getting a real job, pretty sad tbqh.

>you either join the military and have a great life or you're a loser on here posting dumb shit.

You are a loser on here posting dumb shit. On top of that you are a mindless follower that offered his life and limbs for someone elses gain because you literally couldnt think of anything better.

>look in the mirror you lost the game

cringed so hard i almost gagged.

Sad thing is you probably were never even in the military.
>>
File: operator.webm (1 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
operator.webm
1 MB, 960x400
>>64421374
>just as a mild spoiler he pretty much gives up on his family and dives head first into the shit before its over with.
Good. They deserve a deadbeat husband/dad rather than the operator hero they got.
>>
>>64421374
Was it ever explained why they hated him?
>>
>>64421536
Been a while since I watched that season but just off the top of my head
>he was military
>2 soldiers under him were killed supposedly because he didn't kill a 13 year old during the attack
>can't remember if he was dishonorably discharged or not
>pretty much broken possibly suffering PTSD in those years between then and when he gets back into the shit
>worked a shitty job and not alotta money
>didn't want him to get re-involved with anything military despite that being what he was best at

One recurring theme of the show is mostly all of these badasses have terrible or scarred up family lives
>>
>>64421793
He resigned. I thought all of that you posted would draw more sympathy than scorn from one's family.
>>
>>64421847
some people are just cunts and unfortunately Porters wife was a cunt and it was passed to his daughter.
>>
What are some more operator shows? Only one I can think of atm is Boardwalk Empire's real hero scene.
>>
>>64421938
I've heard the 2 news shows that both the actors that played Scott and Stonebridge are on are decent but I haven't seen em myself though I know both actors have been shown mocking the fact they can't do their own stunts at em compared to on Strike Back

Quite honestly I can't think of a show more operator than Strike Back since the show itself had operators on set and trained all the actors on the show
>>
File: jack operatin.png (593 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
jack operatin.png
593 KB, 700x700
>>64421938
>>64422014
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.