[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>professional reviews blind enough to somehow get it to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1148x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1148x647
>professional reviews blind enough to somehow get it to a 95% on RT
>reddit sucking this movie off, but when they do critiques it's petty nonsense
>/tv/ shitposting in an endless stream of unconstructive bait

There is no good place to discuss TFA.
>>
>>64138358
Talk about it amongst your friends
>>
>>64138358
I'll talk Star Wars with you.

The problem that I have with Disney making more Star Wars is that George Lucas went to great lengths to try something unique with Star Wars. It wasn't simply a blockbuster that was chronologically extended with sequels and prequels, he aimed to create something unique among movies, a true saga. A series of connected works that can stand on their own but also form a greater whole, with certain elements recurring throughout and parallels being drawn between installments and constant elements that are introduced at the beginning and closed at the end.

Disney and JJ Abrams don't seem to see Star Wars as much more than dollar signs and fun nostalgia. Nostalgia can be entertaining but it's nothing to strive for. That's what Lucas meant when he said that the fans would like episode VII and that it was "the movie they wanted." When he was making the prequels people wanted him to deliver fun and fanservice, but Lucas was always above that. I think that George Lucas was, is and always has been an artist. And I also think that Disney either don't understand or care about that.
>>
>>64138696

Of course Disney sees it as dollar signs. We got exactly the Star Wars movie that Disney would make and that's what we're going to keep getting.

If George didn't want that to happen he shouldn't have sold it and, instead, should have made good movies with it, unlike his shitty prequels
>>
>>64138696
The prequels were a cynical attempt by Lucas to get money

So we're the special editions

So was Return of the Jedi

Will you fuckers stop pretending otherwise?
>>
Why does this movie have a 95%? Did Disney really pay that many people off? This shit should have a 75% at the very highest.
>>
>>64138918
>>64138976
I think that Lucas seemed genuinely hurt by the poor reception of the prequels and has always had a vision for Star Wars. He's always clashed with people trying to have their way with his creation and I see the Disney deal as him finally giving up, since apparently we know better than him what Star Wars should be.

>>64139036
I think it's more a case of, who's going to be the critic to call out one of the biggest movie events in years? You saw what happened to Glib Facsimile Man, people didn't like what he had to say, and now he's probably not going to be popular in critic circles anymore.
>>
go to reddit threads about TFA, and filter comments by controversial. it's how i've gotten the best discussion.
>>
>>64139036
50% was already guaranteed from the fanbase, 25% from jj abrams great direction, i always stated to myself it would get above 75.
>>
File: anakin_lava.png (1 MB, 1388x672) Image search: [Google]
anakin_lava.png
1 MB, 1388x672
>>64139036
Why do so many morons here not understand how RT ratings work? 95% isn't a grade, you fucking halfwit. It just means 95% of critics liked the movie.
>>
It's not that there's no good place to discuss it.
It's that it lacks any quality content to discuss.

It's a bland movie living off the legacy of an average science fantasy series that somehow managed to get super popular.

Take the Star Wars out of The Force Awakens and the movie has nothing interesting to show.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.