[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia Critic - Top 11 Dumbest Lord of the Rings Moments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
#1 is stupid. However, it was the original plan. Gandalf had spent many years away from the shire, trying to figure out if the ring was the one ring, and all that stuff. And while he was away he had made a plan with the eagles. The fellowship was going to make their way past the red horn gate. then the eagles were going to take the fellowship to the crack of doom. But only two people knew about this plan. Gandalf, and the lord of the eagles. The reason why nobody else knew about the plan is that it was too great a secret. And that no one must know. So Gandalf kept it secret (and safe) and told nobody. When the fellowship tried to make their way to the red horn gate, due to weather they were forced to turn back. And they made their way to an alternate route. The mines of Moria! from there they would head north and meet up with the eagles, and take the ring to Mordor. But when the Balrog takes Gandalf down with him, Gandalf tries to tell them where to go. But since the enemy was literally right there (And being dragged down by the Balrog) he had to make it not so obvious. "FLY YOU FOOLS" and clearly none of the fellowship took away what he really meant.

https://youtu.be/KAoL-0tTaS4?list=PL0AQIMR-tpolVRCh8SEK6V5Xi4mRJdFTL
>>
>>64066844
The reason Boromir and Aragorn didn't move forward to save Gandalf and instead blocked the hobbits attempts is that they knew Balrog had caught Gandalf and it would only take them down with him. The fellowship had no option but to move on and being men of reason they had already determined as much, while the simple hobbitons could hardly bear to watch their friend and leader (presumably) perish. It's no coincidence that Legolas and Gimli are conspicuously absent in that moment but even still their loyalty was with the fellowship and not specifically Gandalf. For all they knew he could have turned like Sauroman. anyway
>>
Critical theory is the worst thing that has ever happened to the common man.
sage
>>
>>64066844
The fake out endings in RotK were annoying.

Gilmi is a fucking badass who cares if he does a bit of comic relief.
Legolas' entire character was based on being essentially flawless but admittedly the special effects look terrible now.
The banter between them was top notch for a film made for children.

Close up shots whinge whinge whinge. Fellowship did it really well.
The prancing Pony was deliberate and ironic you dense fuck.

That king was kinda a douchebag but thats the point. To me GoT is reminiscent of that character and is unfortunately as popular as ever. The fire death was badass.
>>
>>64066844
The near deaths were intricate parts of the story and helped build narrative and suspense. Stayed true to the story and plenty of characters did die.

The battle skills of the Fellowship were impeccable. It was on those merits that they were chosen and begrudgingly respected each other. It shouldn't be a surprise that their skills and bravery exceed that of orcs.

The chicks roles were kinda silly but I don't think they went to far with expanding the characters.
>>
>>64066844
I don't understand why this guy hasn't killed himself yet. Honestly he's so fucking stupid, "I'm so cool because I found some flaws in this acclaimed movie!!! Lol!!!"

No, you're a fucking faggot wearing a gay ass hat and wear the same shitty outfit in every stupid fucking unfunny video you make
>>
>>64066844
Sam and Froda weren't gay you projecting faggot. It was entirely platonic love something that a hipster douchebag youtube reviewer clearly couldn't understand and probably never will. Its not uncommon for men to lay down their lives in times of war. I thought the frodo/sam dynamic was endearing.

When Sam see's the uneaten bread he realizes that in leaving Frodo with Gollum and the ring he has left him in turmoil and a fate of almost certain death. Sam is principled and can't break his promise nor run from fate even on Frodo's orders. I remember in the theatre when Sam appeared with the light and confronted the spider the whole theatre cheered then gasped, then held their breaths throughout the suspense until Frodo was saved.
>>
File: walkers (1).jpg (187 KB, 641x1245) Image search: [Google]
walkers (1).jpg
187 KB, 641x1245
>>
>>64066844
Sauroman was broken by the battle for Isengaard. Leaving him alive in a pillaged tower/monument was an ironic fate worse than death. Admittedly they should have just left the scene with him being killed in it though.
>>
>>64066844
his opinions are awful

all he's good at is shitting on movies that are obviously shit, i don't know why people keep watching him
>>
This critique is complete trash.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.