[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I liked Dead Man, what other of Jarmusch's films would I like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Dead-Man-7[1].jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dead-Man-7[1].jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
If I liked Dead Man, what other of Jarmusch's films would I like?
>>
whatd you like about it? i couldnt stand dead man and would like to know the appeal
>>
Jim Jarmusch is offensively bad. I watch his movie and think "why the fuck is he doing this to me?! Surely, this is just some sort of joke and the movie will get better." But it doesn't. It just doesn't. I called the cop after I watched Limits of Control because even though Bill Murray's name was on the box, he only showed up for a few minutes. The responder said they were getting a lot of calls, but that Jarmusch technically hadn't done anything illegal, so they couldn't arrest him. I asked what I should do, and she started crying, saying "I don't know. I just don't know."
>>
>>63944407
The Limits of Control is the only one I can recall that felt similar despite not being the same genre of film, I like most of his films though like Night On Earth, Mystery Train and Down By Law
>>
Ghost Dog
>>
>>63944524
now that I think about it I mainly enjoyed it because of Johnny Depp and Neil Young.
>>
>>63944542
This
>>
Limits of Control
Ghost Dog
Broken Flowers

Limits has been super polarizing but I absolutely love it

Jarmusch is great
>>
>driving with Jim Jarmusch
>he starts accelerating and soon we're nearing 150 mph
>asks me if I like to go fast
>iron grip on the dashboard, ask him to slow down
>he turns and laughs at me
>suddenly we're off the road and the car is flipping over
>he flies out of the car

I woke up a couple hours later in a hospital, the cops asked who was driving and I told them, they still haven't found a body yet though. Anyways the weirdest part of this is that a couple years later I saw a picture of my mom with him, and he was wearing the same outfit as he did that day he disappeared.
>>
Ghost Dog is really good, every other movie I've seen is kind of stupid.
>>
>>63947181
please rewatch ghost dog
>>
>>63947181
I like Ghost Dog, but man, on a Jarmusch scale of stupidity, it's damn near the top
>>
Stranger Than Paradise, Mystery Train, and Night On Earth are his best.
>>
>>63944527
I love this pasta.
>>
>>63947280

I thought it was stupid based on the cover but I think the movie won me over as being a parody of Le Samourai being played completely straight.
>>
>>63947376
Sure, I think it's good too (surprisingly ... spooky) but its main concept is definitely kind of tongue in cheek. It's like a Wu-Tang Clan song adapted to a feature length thriller
>>
>>63947523
didn't the guy from wu-tang do the sountrack
>>
>>63947576
I don't know, but probably
gza and rza were in coffee and cigarettes and ghost dog listens to a wu song on his car radio
so probably, I don't recall the score though
>>
>Did you just say he contacts you through a fucking bird?
>>
there is nothing really like Dead Man. Loved it the first time I watched it, everything about it is quite unique.

I guess if you really wanted something close to it, watch A Field in England or some of Jodorowsky's movies like El Topo or Fando and Lis
>>
this is now a wu-tang thread

u-god > raekwon > method man
>>
>>63944407
Mystery Train is a fun flick.
>>
>>63947788
Ghost>GZA>Rae>INS>Meth>RZA>ODB>Masta Killah>U-God at least based on solo releases
>>
>>63947788
rza > gza > ol dirty bastard > inspectah deck > ugod > ghostface killa > the method man > raekwon da chef > the masta killa > raw desire > levon > power cipher> 12 oclock > 60 second assassin > the 4th disciple > the brown hornet > kd the down low recka >shyeim aka the rugged child > due due lilz > mista hezekia, better known as the yin and the yang > the true master > isham > dj skane > the true robocop > scientific shabazz > wise the civilized > the shaolin soldiers > daddy o > poppa ron

KILLA BEEEEEEeeeeezzzz
>>
File: Down by Ice Cream.jpg (204 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Down by Ice Cream.jpg
204 KB, 1366x768
I scream-ah, you scream-ah, we all scream-ah for ice scream-ah.
>>
The rest can't possibly be danker than Limits of Control .
>>
>>63947788
>>63947950
>>63947978
FUCK WHOS RAW ODB RAW
ODB is all i need
fuck wu tang other than him
fuckin pussy ass niggas
odb stayed true to the end
>>
>>63947978
i agree RZA is the best gravediggaz for life
>>
My favorite of his is Night on Earth, the scene in Italy kills me, Benigni was fucking hilarious and ad-libbed all his dialogue.
>>
>>63948042
odb was lowkey an embarrassment
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.