[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While everyone's talking about Star Wars, lets talk abo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
While everyone's talking about Star Wars, lets talk about the better science fiction setting.

Is Dune really an unfilmable movie? What sort of alterations would they have to make, to produce a Dune movie?

I think two movies to cover the first novel would work, but no one would ever approve of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC13tIjUPzo
>>
>>63511752
>making isis the movie
>>
>>63511752
>Dune
sorry but the actual forefather of star operas is Fundation
>>
>people freak out about how jodorowsky's dune would have been the best movie of all time
>like he'd ever have been able to fucking pull it off whatsoever without it just being a shitty arthouse collage of weird scenes
>"yeah if I JFK's bodyguard I would have done a fucking backflip and caught all three bull-I mean the single bullet right between my teeth" then taken my pocket knife out of my ankle sheath and fucking dead-eyed those CIA oper- I mean Lee harvey right down his fucking scope into his eye."
>>
>>63511812
The website your looking for is reddit.com
>>
>>63511864
sorry I don't like their karma circlejerk
>>
File: Paul Muad'Dib.png (2 MB, 1359x567) Image search: [Google]
Paul Muad'Dib.png
2 MB, 1359x567
>>63511812

How are the Fremen anything like ISIS?

>>63511832

I've got mad respect for Asimov. I'm not ragging on any his work, I just think that Dune is more compelling and nuanced than Star Wars.

>>63511846

If there was a "David Lynch's Dune" documentary, people would have been saying Weirding Modules were the best idea ever.
>>
>>63511943
"Fedaykin" is derived from "fedayeen" who were literally beta version of isis
>>
>>63512004

At least(in the books), Paul doesn't like the idea of the Fremen going all Jihad on him.
>>
File: Baron Harkonnen.jpg (125 KB, 1363x617) Image search: [Google]
Baron Harkonnen.jpg
125 KB, 1363x617
We need more body-positive characters like Baron Harkonnen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM
>>
>>63512018
if remember first book correctly in the end fremen literally go apeshit on sardaukar including trying to kill them with knives while they use atomics
>>
File: TM7.jpg (239 KB, 1365x617) Image search: [Google]
TM7.jpg
239 KB, 1365x617
>>63512085

Funnily enough, the Emperor and his ilk(House Corrin) are just "civilized" jihadists who wiped out thinking-machines 10,000 years ago.
>>
you know how LotR is "walking - the book"?
Dune is "talking and inner monologues - the book"
>>
File: THE TOOTH.jpg (92 KB, 1362x566) Image search: [Google]
THE TOOTH.jpg
92 KB, 1362x566
>>63512189

>THE TOOTH
>THE TOOTH

But seriously, I think some of the internal dialogue can be cut with body language and showing, not telling.
>>
>>63512189
Someone post the /lit/ betrayed picture.
>>
>>63512234
yeah, Lynch did a horrible job in that regard. just doesn't work in film.
I think it's funny he tried to be close to the book in that regard, while he changed so much other shit.
>>
>>63512322
kill yourself
>>
>there will never be a dune series of films or even TV mini series successful enough to ever make it to Dune Messiah
>>
>>63512234

Audiences are too dumb and shallow these days to pick up on body language. I actually find movies that have inner monologue to be very comfortable movies.
>>
File: Piter2.png (1 MB, 1363x567) Image search: [Google]
Piter2.png
1 MB, 1363x567
Say what you will about the Dune movie, but I think Brad Dourif gave a great performance as Piter de Vries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBb_tPPA8E

>>63512325

I think that some of his ideas were good, though. Like the 3rd Stage guild navigator.

But for the fighting scenes, I am baffled that the 2000 sci-fi series did the fighting so much better.

>>63512322

I think some "tasteful" exposition could work. Not Irulan's ramblings at the start, though.

>>63512374

But isn't inner voice lambasted?
>>
>>63512356
there is a miniseries that made it to Children of Dune
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.