[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good? I've heard some things.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
Is this good? I've heard some things.
>>
It's ok, a little too fun though
>>
Not at all.
>123
You already know it because of social media memes
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
>>63448413
Don't listen to this guy. He's been posting the same pasta for months now. It's just bait.

The original Star Wars is a decent simple sci-fi fantasy adventure. The second one is an outstanding continuation of the same material. The third one is basically just tying up loose ends but has some good action scenes and a spectacular ending.

The prequels are all crap, but if you appreciate "so bad, it's funny" movies, you may get some entertainment out of them.
>>
>>63448477
Explain in great detail why its wrong
>>
>>63448326
4 and 6 are good. 5 is the only one I would call a genuinely well made movie. The prequels are legitimately terrible completely divorced from any fanboy ideology.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > Clone Wars > Rebels > watching flies on shit > 3 > 1 > being molested by Adam Sandler while in Billy Madison character > 2
>>
>>63448413
oh look it's this sad faggot again
>>
>>63448547
There's no need to.

You are overanalyzing a simple space adventure. If your fedora and your autism prevents from enjoying a simple movie it is not the movie's fault.
>>
>>63448413
pretty much this
popnerds will tell you otherwise though (how to tell who they are: the ones that make sure they exaggerate how bad the last 3 movies were)
if you're just doing this to catch up for the new movie then just read the wikipedia pages as these movies aren't really worth your time
>>
>>63448547
I didn't even read it. I don't know if it's right or wrong. I just know that I've seen that same post repeated over and over and over and over again for the past few months at least.

When it gets posted so many times, it becomes advertising. When it becomes advertising, everyone has good reason to ignore it and look for valid opinions. Maybe the opinions posted in that pasta were valid at some point or another, but they're not anymore. They're not your opinions. They're just the same crap somebody else posted several times over.
>>
File: 1449342993242.jpg (3 MB, 3264x4928) Image search: [Google]
1449342993242.jpg
3 MB, 3264x4928
>>63448623
haha
>fedora
>>
>>63448648
So you can't?
>>
5 is a genuinely good film, beautifully shot and deserves the praise it receives. You'd have to be some advanced contrarian to ignore its artistic merit.
>>
>>63448697
see
>>63448648
>>
>>63448721
See the post you're replying to.
>>
>>63448762
You never read the post you were replying to in >>63448697

Learn to read, then read that post, and then we can continue this discussion.
>>
>>63448815
I did though and its clear you can't
>>
>>63448937
If it's clear, then why are you asking? See, you obviously haven't read my post. You keep trying to but you just can't. You're completely illiterate. You're just struggling and struggling to try and read but you can't make out the words. It's actually very sad.
>>
>>63449142
Again I have read your post, but it looks like the reality is that you're playing dumb because you can't actually refute anything here >>63448413 regardless of how many times its posted
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.