[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHHHYYYYYY- >coughs WHHHYYYYYYYY- >spills drink WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: poster-2015111343137.enter.jpg (95 KB, 788x1178) Image search: [Google]
poster-2015111343137.enter.jpg
95 KB, 788x1178
WHHHYYYYYY-
>coughs
WHHHYYYYYYYY-
>spills drink
WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY DID LEEEEEEEGENDARY-
>abuses audience member
WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY DID LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGEEENNDAAAAAAARY COMEEEEEEDIAN CARROT TOP-
>smacks lips profusely
>>
>12 minutes of nevada desert
WHHHYYYYYY
>neil hamburger doing something mundane
WHHHYYYYYY
>weird shot of someone staring at the camera
WHHHYYYYYY
>8 minutes of motels
WHHHYYYYYYY
>25 minutes of neil walking in a red hallway
WHHHYYYYYYYY
>3 minutes of an unfunny commercial
WHHHYYYYYYYYY
>eric weherim taking a shit
WHHHYYYYYYYYYY
>15 minutes of a hooker picking her teeth
>40 minutes of neil hamburger walking down the street
>3 hours of grey sky
>65 mkinutes of neil hamburger hitching a ride
>15 hours of a dusty stovetop
>35 hours of neil making pasta
>50 hours of neil in a weirdly lit room
>78 hours of planes landing at las vegas international

man directors cut was a wild ride
>>
>>63299724
I give it my lowest rating ever ~5 bags of popcorn
>>
is there a torrent of this yet?
>>
>>63299519
Is this out yet?
>>
>>63300600
>>63300671
Yes it's been out for a bit
In my top 5 of the year tbqh
>>
File: Entertainment.jpg (136 KB, 1265x709) Image search: [Google]
Entertainment.jpg
136 KB, 1265x709
>>
>>63300913
Tim's so good at serious roles, the way he reacted towards the end of the scene was great.
>>
So what was the movie /about/?

Was it that his comedy made him antisocial and his daughter was the only thing in the world he didnt hate?

Was it about being a failure at life and coping with the meaninglessness of it?

or was it similar to the Comedy and it was an indictment of living your life by hiding by irony and shielding yourself and your weaknesses to the point you wither up and die inside?

I didnt know what to take away from it, but i enjoyed it.
>>
>>63301440
The way I saw it:
He was operating about 2 levels deeper than everyone around him
They all thought he was the archetypal sad-clown, but in the end you realise it was a front to entertain himself, a ruse he played with such conviction, every scenario he was faced with he still maintained the dopey self-pitying putz.
Deep inside, to him, it's fucking hysterical. He was so sociopathic that he was getting almost sado-masochistic entertainment from the meta-joke being on everyone else the whole, that they pitied him.

I think of it as a similar, darker personality than The Comedy, both Swanson and Neil are mean-spirited, taking apathetic pleasure from subjecting others to their projected discomfort, but
It seemed to me Neil took true maniacal pleasure from throwing himself under the bus as well, as if he's been watching from above and laughing down on everyone involved, Neil Hamburger isn't the comedy persona in the film, the real him is the persona.
>>
File: 1448775375117.png (499 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1448775375117.png
499 KB, 1366x768
>>63301680
okay that makes sense.
And it makes the title ironic, I like it.
>>
>>63301680
I don't agree
>>
>>63301785
/tv in a nutshell
>>
>>63301785
let's get into it.
>>
>>63301785
I'd like to hear your view on the ending (not being sarcastic)
>>
My gf is in this. She plays a pivotal role :^)
>>
this looks so meta it is tiresome. can I just agree to watch some random Neil Hamburger standup on youbewbs and call it a day?
>>
The best parts were when Neil was onstage doing his thing. Everything else was a little TOO mundane (walking down a hallway, walking in the desert, sitting on a chair). I guess the monotony was the point but Jesus Christ.

Still enjoyed it though
>>
>>63303335
I enjoyed the cinematography of the mundane shots
I just don't get why Michael Cera showed up for 20 seconds
>>
>>63301680
>Neil
uh, did you even watch this cinema?
>those "thoughts"
oh, you didn't
>>
WHAT DOES ASPARAGUS RISOTTO HAVE IN COMMON
WITH SEX WITH ROBIN WILLIAMS?

Well, both have been known to make a woman's urine smell peculiar
>>
>TFW you do entertainment
>TFW THAT GIG
>TFW when you're shitfaced and bomb and start crying in front of everyone
>You fucked up, big time

>Then Neil Hamburger makes a movie about times like those and suddenly that all floods back up.

I love hating how much I love this shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.