[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this film, ask me anything, I had already seen Ghostbusters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: ghostbusters_ver6.jpg (143 KB, 508x755) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters_ver6.jpg
143 KB, 508x755
Just saw this film, ask me anything, I had already seen Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and enjoyed them

Pros:
>Final act is pretty good (Minus a few moments) and has some great fight scenes
>Score is fucking brilliant (Minus that fucking Fall Out Boy song). Music alone carries the movie and makes the final act very exciting
>Murray's cameo is good, other cameos (Slimer/Staypuff) are decent
>Wiig and McCarthy are both good in this surprisingly
>Black chick isn't nearly as awful as she seemed in trailers
>CGI is mostly good

Bad:
>The humor falls flat as fuck. Saw it in a pretty crowded theater full of all different types of people and many of the jokes were met with silence/a giggle
>Cooky scientist lady has so many scenes where she just spurts out a ton of techno garbage "So I've added a capacitor resistor to the temporal flux amplifier so we can overgage the sensors" that leads to nowhere (Everyone kinda just shakes their head yes), never has a punchline, and just has no value
>Villain was just "social outcast" guy who hated normies
>Had to sit through probably 10mins of credits for the "post credits scene" which was just the black chick listening to recordings and then asking if any of them knows what "Zuul" is

Controversial:
>Movie takes stereotypical pot shots at both genders
>Helmsworth's character is fucking retarded but at least good natured
>Kristen Wig's character does the generic "lol im so infatuated with the hunk I always stumble and act like a retard" thing
>Multiple female characters are fucking retarded in the movie, and some a retarded and cunts
>That scene where someone comments on their YouTube that "chicks cant bust ghosts" comes and goes in a second

Overall its pretty shit. Better than the trailers made it seem, but nothing extraordinary. I'd say give it a watch from the scene where Helmsworth's character gets possessed till the end

Not very SJW at all, but not near worth a ticket
>>
Please describe with detail, what happens when Chris gets possessed? How does he gets unpossessed? Does he die? Does he ends up with Wiig? He still works with them after that?
>>
>>72071039
>what happens when Chris gets possessed?
He goes back to the machine that was going to break the barriers between the living and the dead. He activates it, ghosts flood the city. They fight some ghosts before making it back to the portal created by the machine. The ghost taunts them by taking the form of their logo. They evenutally crash the ecto 1 with a huge nuclear fission device into the portal and it sucks everything back up
>How does he gets unpossessed? Bad guy leaves his corpse
I dont actually remember
>Does he die?
No
>Does he ends up with Wiig?
No
>He still works with them after that?
Yes
>>
>>72071210
Sorry its so sloppy
>>
Oh and Wiig gets slimed a bunch of times which is hot as fuck
>>
>>72070922
>Had to sit through probably 10mins of credits for the "post credits scene" which was just the black chick listening to recordings and then asking if any of them knows what "Zuul" is
Honestly, why do people still watch stingers? Has there ever been a zinger that was worth the wait? Oh, hahaha, they're eating Schwarma! That was sooooo worth it!
>>
>>72070922
>also saw it
>kate is literally the most motherfucking annoying character on the planet
>black chick has some legitimately funny lines and appears to be the only one acting with other people and not at them
>melissa is bad, like real bad
>whig is ok
>Helmsworth is pretty funny
3/5, I wouldn't hate it so much if it wasn't for the smug ass director and 2 of the 4 ghostbusters being such duds.
>>
>>72071763
My friend wanted to see it, but its never worth it

>>72071772
I didn't mind McCarthy, probably because she seemed to be the only character other than Wiig to have a story.

I fucking HATED Kate though
>>
>>72071874
Melissa bothered me because her and whig had no fucking chemistry, they were supposed to be best friends but almost all of her lines felt forced.
Her story was pretty much friend of whig, at least jones had a family and a job outside of the ghostbusters .
>>
>>72070922
The dialogue from the new Ghostbusters, with one of them saying the slime got all up in their crack?

What was the exact quote?

>>72071596
>>
>>72071972
At least we can agree Kate was fucking awful. Like drown me in a pool of boiling cat piss awful.

Literally the only time I didn't hate her was when she was dual wielding those pistols (After LE RANDOM XD LICK MY GUNS of course)

I really appreciated the orchestral theme for the final bad guy. Made it feel like an RPG big bad

>>72072046
"That stuff went everywhere, by the way. In every crack. Very hard to wash off. "

It was near the beginning of the movie. In context they were discussing her getting slimed and how it was the first real phenomenon they had ever gotten on film. Just a "funny" quip during the scene

What I noticed is that the trailer emphasizes all these quotes (Like that one) and they end up happening so fucking quick it doesnt even matter

Whoever made the trailer doesnt deserve their job
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.