[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independence Day: Resurgence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: independence_day_resurgence.jpg (91 KB, 620x919) Image search: [Google]
independence_day_resurgence.jpg
91 KB, 620x919
What's the verdict?
>>
they fucked up hard by not casting will smith. now both his career and this """franchise""" are dead as dirt
>>
>>71662755
4/10.
Anyone who says the CGI is bad is a pretentious cunt or hasn't seen the movie. The effects are absolutely fine.
The new actors are all shit besides the president's daughter and the script is atrocious.
The music is crap compared to the first.
There is still a sense of campy fun that a lot of reviewers say is missing but I thought was fine.
>>
>In its opening weekend, the film grossed $41 million, less than the $50.2 million debut of the original, finishing in second place at the box office, behind the animated Finding Dory which was on its second week of play. IMAX made up $5 million of the film's opening numbers from 365 theaters.[78] It dropped enormously on its second Friday by 72% earning $4.7 million.[79] In its second weekend the film fell by 60%, despite the Independence Day holiday frame, earning $16.5 million.[80] Falling well-below expectations, it was considered "a box office disappointment".

Oh shit wow
>>
>>71662755
I like movies where the sequel comes out over 20 years later and it's still shit. They literally have decades to make it good and they still fail miserably
>>
>>71662755

It's the biggest pile of dogshit I have ever seen.

I was laughing and shaking my head the entire movie.
>>
>>71662796

They tried, he denied.
>>
It's a horrible cash grab, I'm glad its flopping hard.
>>
>>71664337

What's funny is when movies flop they blame piracy, and not shitty production and the subsequent reviews.
>>
>>71664283
>>71662806

I agree, I laughed at the shit acting. Honestly I thought all the actors were shit except the military head.

So many irrelevant actor storylines and also shitty unnecessary jokes and other shitty conversational one liners.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (68 KB, 620x461) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
68 KB, 620x461
>>71665640
>>71664283
>>71662806

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Smith-Isn-t-Independence-Day-Resurgence-72184.html

>Earlier in the day, I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Independence Day co-writer and producer Dean Devlin about Will Smith’s absence, and while he’s now speaking from a point of moving forward without a major talent, the way that he described the writing process on the sequel without Smith made a lot of sense. According to Devlin, the original Independence Day was a true ensemble picture, with Smith, Goldblum, Pullman, Fox and even Quaid getting their individual moments. Devlin explained that adding Smith, now, to a sequel would automatically make him the star of the film. Once they knew Smith wasn’t returning, Devlin said the creative team was able to go back into the script and redistribute the action, so that Independence Day: Resurgence will be a true ensemble pic that has plenty of memorable moments for the original cast, and the newcomers looking to carry the torch.

LOL
>>
But still interesting concept and ayylmaos
>>
Will the sequel be better?
>>
Hollywood can't even do sequels now?

This movie should have been an open goal. Plenty of people that saw the first movie would have given it good PR on faith.

And then there's SJW Ghostbusters.

I guess Hollywood is sick of making money these days.
>>
>>71662755

Extremely average, but better than the newest X-Men.
>>
>>71667077
>sequel
What
>>
This movie needed will smith, it would have been better even if he forced them to cast his retarded family along him

Why did they kick him out of it, he wanted too much money?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.