[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
No Biel butt/10
>>
Robocop and Total Recall were ultraviolent adult films that not many kids had formative experiences seeing, so they don't have the same nostalgic value of the family-friendly Ghostbusters films.
>>
File: 1448205249844.jpg (121 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1448205249844.jpg
121 KB, 692x960
>>71598448
People did say those 2 remakes were gonna be shit.

And that was it. Everyone knew they were probably right and didn't see the need to argue with them.

>"They're remaking Robocop with a PG13 rating. It's gonna be shit."
>"Yeah you're probably right."

>"They're remaking Total Recall and they're not even setting it on Mars. It's gonna be shit."
>"Yeah you're probably right."

And then comes Ghosbusters

>"They're remaking Ghostbusters with a female cast. It's gonna be shit."
>"WHAT? GET FUCKED YOU MISOGNYIST MAN BABY, I'LL SEE IT TWICE IF YOU DONT SEE IT."
>Argument escalates from there to where we are today

People always shit talk remakes. It's just this time some cunts picked a shitty comedy as their hill to die on.
>>
Because no one defended these films with retarded zealotry. People watched the trailer, saw that it was shit, and didn't go see it. No one was calling out people as sexist to find a scapegoat their shitty movie as proof of an agenda. All the hate is generated by Sony shills trying to push up opening weekend box office numbers.
>>
>>71598724
This here.
>>
File: DF-074094.jpg (1 MB, 2125x1414) Image search: [Google]
DF-074094.jpg
1 MB, 2125x1414
>>71598478
YWN be butt to butt with Jessica shooting your way out of a situation.
>>
>>71598724
the biggest difference is that ghostbusters is a man baby franchise so you have zealots "guarding" the franchise as if its their cultural history or something

>>71598724
this is correct but you literally mention "with a female cast" as the complaint so obviously people are going to call you sexist
>>
>>71598448
If amy the dyke cunt from sony was involved then they would have gotten a lot of hate. read the emails though so i hate amy. i want amy to suffer horribly.
>>
File: 1437329980025.gif (2 MB, 374x393) Image search: [Google]
1437329980025.gif
2 MB, 374x393
>>71598879
>butt to butt with Jessica
>>
File: bielblue.gif (3 MB, 280x199) Image search: [Google]
bielblue.gif
3 MB, 280x199
>>71599843
>>
>>71598448
There were hate threads when Robocop and Total Recall remakes came out, and at that time I said that I wouldn't watch them and I didn't, I can't understand how in someone's brain was the thought that it was a good idea to remake a film made by authors like Carpenter or Verhoeven.
>>
File: image.png (250 KB, 959x738) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 959x738
>>71598448
>why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate?
Because they're using soggy knees to guilt trip people into watching a turd.
>>
File: 1457640397785.jpg (63 KB, 634x451) Image search: [Google]
1457640397785.jpg
63 KB, 634x451
>>71598448
3rd time in 3 days i see this pasta
keep it up OP, im sure we're going to learn something invaluable
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.