[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Saw.jpg (24 KB, 570x335) Image search: [Google]
Saw.jpg
24 KB, 570x335
With the announcement of an eighth Saw film being in the works, I re-watched the first seven. Let's talk about them for a moment.
>Saw III ends with Jigsaw telling Jeff he needs to play another game in order to save his daughter, whom only he knows the location of
>Jeff gets shot just moments later (in continuity)
>said game is never mentioned again
>Jeff's daughter doesn't reappear until Saw V
>but it's just lampshading that occurs at the beginning of the film
What the fuck? And this is only the tip of the iceberg of bullshit.

Key points to discuss:
When should the series have ended?
Where did it jump the shark?
Who was the true successor to Jigsaw?
What do you think of Saw: Legacy?
>>
>>71181024
Anyone who didn't move on and stop watching after Saw 2 is a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>71181024
>>Saw III ends with Jigsaw telling Jeff he needs to play another game in order to save his daughter, whom only he knows the location of
>>Jeff gets shot just moments later (in continuity)
>>said game is never mentioned again
The first three movies were written by based Leigh Whannell. IV - VII were penned by Dunstan / Melton. So since Whannell was killing off John and Amanda, he knew Lionsgate wanted to continue the franchise so he didn't want to leave the next writer(s) completely fucked. Hence why the tape mentions a second game he would have to play, Whannell was giving the next writer(s) a potential storyline to continue off on.

Dunstan / Melton were basically like "thanks but no thanks" and Jeff gets fucking killed after two seconds of screen time in Saw IV. On another note in one of their earlier drafts of the IV script, the film opened with Jeff's game. He found a secret passageway and ended up in a giant blender. Chris, the man Jeff's wife was having an affair with was watching Jeff's game and would have a choice to turn the blender on or not. Long story short, Chris feels Jeff deserves to die and kills him, but as punishment for seeking vengeance Chris is also launched into the blender. The daughter is then released after the game is over.
>>Jeff's daughter doesn't reappear until Saw V
All that shit you see outside the factory at the start of Saw V where Hoffman saves Jeff's daughter was actually filmed during production of Saw IV. Originally that was the ending of Saw IV, Hoffman saving Jeff's daughter and being labelled a hero by the arriving police officers. Instead they decided to use the footage in Saw V.
>>
>>71181024
>When should the series have ended?
It should never end. Series is fun as fuck.
>Where did it jump the shark?
Saw IV. Such a clusterfuck of good ideas, just had way too much shit going on. Needed to draw things back, save some of the material for sequels so the stories they kept had time to be developed and fleshed out further.
>Who was the true successor to Jigsaw?
Hoffman. Amanda was an unstable cunt.
>What do you think of Saw: Legacy?
Tbh I feel as if they should just reboot the series. The current series is so fucking messy and convoluted they might as well hit the reset button. Not to mention that idea of all the survivor's teaming up to continue the Jigsaw legacy is pants on head retarded. I know that's the aim of the game with this series but this is too silly to accept.
>>
File: all smiles.png (218 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.png
218 KB, 300x366
I want to see a Saw sequel featuring all of the failed 2016 Republican primary candidates and Trump as Jigsaw playing a game with them

> "Jeb. Your low energy has been your downfall this election season, and you have clearly taken the precious gift of life for granted. Now you will be forced to acquire some high energy, or you will die."

> Jeb has two batteries taped to both sides of his head which will zap his brain unless he retrieves the key located inside Columba's dead pussy
>>
>>71181024
>When should the series have ended?
in Saw lll that at least is not the rock bottom of the series and could be the real end with open ending to Jeff
>Where did it jump the shark?
when they think that an old man still doing shit when is dying and leaving more.
>Who was the true successor to Jigsaw?
pic related
>What do you think of Saw: Legacy?
I'll see it but i dont expect more than Ghostbuster's SJW.
>>
File: VOd5izJ.jpg (20 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
VOd5izJ.jpg
20 KB, 540x405
>it's a Saw thread

Saw Legacy sounds interesting, I can't imagine what they'll do next in the series, and the thought of new cool traps has me hyped enough
>>
just saw the first one the other day.
i was pleasantly suprised, didnt care for the fast movement+metal segments but overall it was alright
I hear 2 is worth watching so I might give it a chance

to think wan got it because of his short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgtAlpnEf8
>>
>>71182480
>the thought of new cool traps has me hyped enough
Honestly I think they should go fucking crazy with the traps. Do it like the Hannibal TV show where everything is really fantastical and like a fairy tale. I feel with the movies as if they want the traps to remain somewhat grounded in reality, but still take them to ridiculous heights. They should go to one extreme, not the middle.
>>
>>71182708
I'm ready for Saw X: Saw in Space
Zero G based traps when???
>>
>>71183351
I want this, but at the same time I don't
>>
>>71181096
this
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.