[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies As We Know Them Are Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: orangeblueposters[1].jpg (1 MB, 640x1860) Image search: [Google]
orangeblueposters[1].jpg
1 MB, 640x1860
>“It’s true at every studio,” Dan Jinks, who produced “American Beauty” and “Big Fish,” told GQ in 2010. “Everyone has cut back on not just ‘Oscar-worthy’ movies, but on dramas, period. Caution has made them pull away. It’s infected the entire business.”
>Yet, despite the intended bankability of never-ending sequels and spinoffs, this summer’s box-office profits have dipped by 15 percent.
>As for all the other supposed star vehicles? Big ol’ stinkers: George Clooney and Channing Tatum didn’t coax holy numbers out of “Hail, Caesar!,” the beloved Tina Fey wasn’t much of a selling point for “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot,” Sacha Baron Cohen’s “Grimsby” didn’t recoup its $35 million budget, “Keanu” struggled despite being the inaugural big-screen collaboration of Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, “Mother’s Day” became Garry Marshall’s first ensemble holiday bomb, onetime box-office mainstays Julia Roberts and George Clooney didn’t do much for “Money Monster,” it’s been a rocky road for “The Nice Guys” despite Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe, and the Lonely Island-fronted satire “Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping” debuted in a measly eighth place.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hollywood-sequels-will-they-ever-end_us_575813f8e4b00f97fba6b1e3

We did it, we finally killed Hollywood.
>>
>>70689763
>it's another "death of [media]" story

you know this has been coming out since newspaper were first being printed. "death of writting" "death of letters" then phones were "death of news paper" "death of printed media" then tv "death of theater" "death of acting" then so on and so on.

Radio killed of music, and CDs killed of quality.

How about pre-2001 when all the sihtty movies were being made and it was the "death of theater" and we see a bigger resurgence in movies with ULTRA HIGH def being a new standard and bigger tv sales than ever before.

But it was the "death of VHS" that was true.

But ya OP, we did it.

Because most TV shows are Dramas now, and movies are action flicks. It's the "death of movies" that's why Fincher is doing House of Cards, and they're bringing back Twin Peaks for Lynch.

Because TV won.

You can't have an in depth drama with developing characters in 90 minutes.
>>
This is on top of Movies being made 3 hours long, and then cut for 2 and a half in theaters, and sucking HARD.
>>
>>70690010
That's not why TV "won" ya moran. It's way cheaper to produce, distribute, and (possibly) market. Plus users of Netflix and other streaming platforms will watch literally fucking anything for 5 straight hours at home, but wont spend 2 hours at a theater.
>>
>Hail, Caesar
>Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
>Keanu
>Mother’s Day
>Money Monster
>The Nice Guys
>Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
I only heard of Hail, Caesar and THe Nice Guys and never saw a single ad for them.

The last movie I saw was Zootopia and that was fun.
>>
>>70689763
Those are all shitty movies and I'm glad they bombed.
>>
>>70690455
This. You can slap as many big name actors as you want, but it's very clearly not going to fix your shitty movie nor is it enough incentive to get people to watch it.
>>
>>70689763
Literally the only good movie out of all those is Bourne.
>>
None of this matters because they have Chinks and Euros to pay for capecuckery.
>>
>>70690370
t. the problem
>>
>>70689763

Never saw much point in watching a comedy in the theater, it's not like an action movie, where a big screen and sound make for a better experience. The jokes aren't funnier because they are on the big screen. Rather watch the unrated version with some friends over some beers than listen to goofy people's laughs and dumb comments in the theatre.
>>
The nice guys was really great.

But apart from that, everybody wants some, and hail Caesar, every movie I've seen this year has been shit (xmen, high rise, Warcraft, maybe more I can't remember) or barely passable (BvsS, civil war). Maybe I'm more discerning but Hollywood clearly doesn't give a fuck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.