[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surprise Motherfucker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: latest.png (468 KB, 791x603) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
468 KB, 791x603
(Spoilers for Dexter and mild spoiler for The Shield)

Doakes.

Was S2 too early for his exit?

Was he the best rival Dexter had on the law enforcement side?

Should there have been more consequences to his death, resonating til the end of the series, similar to Terry in The Shield?
>>
Yes it was too early. I didn't like S3 at all. S4 was GOAT. Then after that it was all shit. Doakes was a meat mountain of entertainment. I actually cared about him too. I can only imagine that he would've helped the show maintain some integrity. Probably not. The showrunners fucking sucked.
>>
>>70252619
Doakes was imbued with a shard of Moloch just like Dexter and he deserved to die.
>>
Doakes was excellent, but I think they showed their hand too early.

He could've had a much bigger arc, maybe starting out hating Dexter just the same but then finding an appreciation for him at the end of Season 1 after Dexter saves Debra from the Ice Truck Killer or something.

Then he can be chummy with Dexter (protecting him from other folks' suspicions, etc) until like, I dunno, Season 5ish, then he can slowly grow to distrust him and be the police antagonist of Season 7 instead of Season 2.

The thing is, as it was they had to kill him at the end of Season 2 because to have him stay alive would've been retarded and just the same thing over and over. 7 seasons of Doakes knowing Dexter is a killer but being unable to prove it would be the most stupid show ever.
>>
>Watch the show
>that was good but got stupid towards the end
>Read the first book
>fuck, that was great
>Get halfway through the second book
>Well, this is fucking retarded
>Put it down
>>
>>70252619
>mfw it's revealed that Dexter and Banshee take place in the same universe and Doakes shows up as a doctor.
>>
>>70252619
>Was S2 too early for his exit?

Absolutely, S3 suffered tremendously due to not having a rival on par with Dexter and even though trinity was good on S4, i felt that things were infinitely more at stake when Dexter's second life was at the blink of exposure rather than someone of his family dying.

On top of that, he was a funny motherfucker, i think they could've fleshed his relationship with Dexter a lot better than quips and provocations here and there.

>Should there have been more consequences to his death, resonating til the end of the series, similar to Terry in The Shield?

Maria should've investigated Dexter more profoundly.
>>
>>70252791
was meant for >>70252740
>>
How would Doakes be if he was written today? I'm thinking he would've impregnated Rita. And Debra would brashly brag to Dexter about how much she loved pulling Doakes into the supply closet and choking on his BBC.
>>
>>70252940
kek
>>
>>70252713
Season 4 was shit.

Dexter acts out of character only to have the plot work out a certain way
>>
>>70252791
The books were way more entertaining than the tv show. It was trash airport lit from the start, robodoakes, Dexter busting up bohemian grove, Morgan family serial killing cult, wacky Brian, cannibalism, all way better than what the show delivered
>>
>>70254820
Well, the first one wasn't supernatural, and neither is the show, so the others were a massive departure for me and I was weirded out.

Maybe if I'd done the books first.
>>
>>70252619
>Was S2 too early for his exit?
Yes
>Was he the best rival Dexter had on the law enforcement side?
Yes.
>Should there have been more consequences to his death, resonating til the end of the series, similar to Terry in The Shield?
Not really. You had Maria who brought it up again in one of the later seasons. I think that was enough. There wasn't much else that they could have done with it after they killed him.
>>
>tfw fresh from 6feet under and then you watched Dexter and had always waited for Dex and Oak to start sucking face and ramming ass
>>
File: 1464657429318.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1464657429318.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>70252619
>(Spoilers for Dexter and mild spoiler for The Shield)
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>70255634

The Shield is one of the greatest shows ever. Even a minor spoiler deserves warning.
>>
>>70252619
Absolutely. Dexter was shit after season 2.

>INB4 b-b-b-but muh season 4..!

Season 4 was shit. Trinity Killer was a GOAT villian but aside from him the season was garbage. Remember all those terrible Deb, LaGuerta, Angel scenes? Literally every other character besides Dexter and Trinity was fucking horrible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.