[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me begin by saying I was an avid Warcraft 3 player back in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Warcraft Poster.jpg (231 KB, 1137x853) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Poster.jpg
231 KB, 1137x853
Let me begin by saying I was an avid Warcraft 3 player back in the day but I barely touched WoW or any of the other RTS games and haven't been around anything Warcraft for a while. That said I was actually looking forward to a movie like this when it was announced, 10 fucking years ago. But as time passed and nothing was moving foward I just forgot about Warcraft completely for a long while. Fast forward to last November when the first trailer dropped. A friend of mine who plays linked it to me and even though there were some interesting things I thought the trailer was mediocre overall. But I put it in the back of my mind and followed the progression ever since while remaining skeptical. A few videos that came up recently were starting to turn things around of my perception of the movie and I was more and more excited about it. Then, on may 24th, a bunch of negative reviews start coming out and it drastically lowered my expectations and I was feeling disappointed.

Well today I finally had the opportunity to go see it... and I was literally shocked. What the flying fuck, it was actually great and super enjoyable! The visuals were INSANE! The story and cast were good, not great but good. The witty humor was cool, the battles were cool, the scenery was FANTASTIC, and it got really dark and hardcore in some places. The magic was fucking AWESOME! Overall very enjoyable as a popcorn flick. So I was like what the hell, that doesn't seem right at all that people are trashing this to that point and I hopped onto social media to see what people were saying. And what the hell, most tweets from the general public who has seen it are positive, it's like a 10:1 ratio. I dig a little deeper to try and understand what the hell is going on and how there could be such a huge divide between RT scores and what it looks like the general public is saying about it. Here's what I found:
>>
>>70042631
>I was fucking retarded for basing my expectation off of 8 reviews when these movies typically get 200+ reviews and sometimes the rating can swing big time. And I realized after reading them they were incredibly biased going in with some ridiculous comparisons and nonsensical topics. Read them and objectively tell me some those are objective.
>The reviewers who have given the movie a rotten score, two of them gave Dragonball: Evolution a fresh rating among other ridiculous ratings. Dragonball: Evolution... WTF? Do these guys just try to outhipster eachother to bait clicks?
>A ton of reviews from Europeean critics that aren't on RT praised the movie.
>Some pretty major fucking movies started out with terrible reviews on opening weekend and went on to be very well received afterward. A few of which are: The Sixth Sense, Fight Club, The Shining, Gladiator, Forrest Gump, The Wizard of Oz, and guess what else? Fucking Star Wars: A New Hope!
>>
$.50 has been deposited in your account.
>>
>>70042631
To be CLEAR, this movie is not Star Wars or LotR. But it sure as hell wasn't as bad as that ridiculous RT score. I think everyone should take a step back and stop basing their entire view of this movie off 5 rotten reviews who by the way broke the embargo early, evidently just to get their hipster opinion out and bait people's attention. Wait for a few hundred critic ratings, then we'll talk, because, looking at it in the most objective way possible, I have a feeling it's going to change. Better yet, make up your own opinion of it. I already know that people hating on this movie don't care about what I'm saying and are happy to validate their view off as little ratings as possible, which is fine, I don't expect any different. But for those who were looking forward to it and on the fence because of these initial reviews, this was one hell of a pleasant surprise for me and I just thought I'd share this with others who may have been put off. I think many will enjoy it.
>>
>Chris: Oh come on dude all those guys in spandex looks like tiny dude against our Warcraft Universe, we will succeed, it will be a hit
>25 may
>Chris: okay tiny dude is big now
>>
>>70042631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klS53Cliqxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYBaA0KeZdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Y1QKd5KT8

I think this movie is objectively good, not great, but definitely not as terrible as some reviews make it seem so far. It's a solid set-up for the better subject matter that's yet to come in the Warcraft universe.
>>
>>70042631
>>70043433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMSn9jOdCo
>>
>>70042631

Do they use any music from the games? Thats all I care about. I'm not seeing it, but I'll give the ost a listen.
>>
>>70043433
>I think this movie is objectively good
>CGI mde by Legendary
>Plastic armor and weapon
>SJW bullshit about pacifism
>Bad fast
>Small budget
>>
File: 1464140738492.jpg (1 MB, 1544x3436) Image search: [Google]
1464140738492.jpg
1 MB, 1544x3436
>>70042670
>To be CLEAR, this movie is not Star Wars or LotR.
Wow, shills changed their opinion so fast.
>>
>>70042631

The problem now days is just that reviewer in the united states sucks marvel dicks and anything that is not a marvel movie sucks for them

bye the way who the fuck gives a shit about a review from someone who rated the dragonball evolution movie 4 out of 5 stars......
>>
>>70043553
>Muh Marvel conspiracy
>>
>>70042631
Fuck off virgin
>>
>>70043506
>4chan consists of you, me and that one shill
>>
>>70043480
Yes.
>>
>>70043487
>CGI and visual effects were made by ILM (Star Wars, Jurassic Park)
>Costumes and practical effects were made by WETA (LotR, Avatar)
>>
>>70044315
I haven't seen it yet but I think the real problem is that the source material is just too fantastical to look anything but gaudy as fuck when made reality. It's like how anime characters can have cool costumes but even the greatest cosplayer looks like a fucking mongoloid wearing it.

Warcraft's style is simply too over the top to translate well into real life and if you dumb it down, it ceases to be Warcraft.
>>
>>70044375
they actually did a very good job. I give this movie a 9/10 and I havent touched a blizz game ovee the last 7 years
>>
>>70044979
Whatever you say shill.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.