[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/27/ business/disney-v-war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: 27stewart1-master768.jpg (65 KB, 768x418) Image search: [Google]
27stewart1-master768.jpg
65 KB, 768x418
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/27/business/disney-v-warner-how-captain-america-beat-batman-and-superman.html

>On paper, this season’s big superhero action films — “Captain America: Civil War” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” — from the rival studios Disney and Warner Bros. could almost be the same movie, so similar are their plots, action sequences and allusions to heavyweight themes of topical interest.

>Still, “Batman v Superman” would seem to have the edge where it really matters to the studios, which is at the box office. It opened first (on March 25). It had the two most valuable intellectual properties in the comic book universe, appearing together in starring roles. And it had enough A-list Hollywood talent to fill a multiplex.

>Yet the results are in, and it’s not even close. The theatrical run of “Batman v Superman” is all but over, with a worldwide box office gross of $871 million. “Captain America” has surged past $1 billion in just three weeks.

>Warner insists its film will earn a profit. But given that the studio gets only about half the box-office gross, any profit margin will be slim after deducting the film’s enormous production and marketing costs. And that has to be a disappointment considering what the studio must have expected. (Marvel’s “Avengers” topped $1.5 billion in 2012.)

>More worrisome for Warner and its parent, Time Warner Inc., is that “Batman v Superman” was supposed to reboot the entire DC Comics universe and create a multibillion-dollar superhero franchise to rival Marvel’s. Now that’s in question.

>“This is a significant misstep for the DC brand,” said Doug Creutz, senior media and entertainment analyst for Cowen & Company. “They’ve damaged their credibility with their audience. I’m not saying they can’t recover, but their next few movies had better be really good.
>>
>>70081214

>At one level, the explanation for the outcome is simple: “Captain America” is a much better movie. After a marathon of superhero moviegoing in Times Square this week, I can attest to that.

>But you don’t need to take my word for it, or that of the established critics who praised “Captain America” and panned “Batman v Superman.” After a big opening weekend, attendance at “Batman v Superman” plunged, suggesting bad word of mouth. On the website Rotten Tomatoes, 91 percent of the audience said they liked “Captain America.” Just 67 percent liked “Batman v Superman.”

>The starkly different outcomes show how difficult it is to make a successful blockbuster, even for a studio with an enviable track record like Warner Bros. (“Harry Potter,” “Lord of the Rings”). Sony faltered with its latest Spider-Man installment and forged a partnership with Marvel allowing its superhero to return to the Marvel fold. Fox has at times struggled with its X-Men franchise.

>But whatever secret code of art and science produces a superhero blockbuster, Disney seems to have cracked it. “Captain America” is the 13th consecutive successful installment in the Marvel film universe. After buying Marvel for $4 billion, Disney has turned even obscure comic book characters into box-office bonanzas (“Ant-Man”), and it has managed to combine them in unexpected yet captivating ways.
>>
Wow two massive flops . Why do they keep on making cape films??

Both these movies had to gross 13 billion each to just break even
>>
File: 1463479560537.jpg (383 KB, 1594x666) Image search: [Google]
1463479560537.jpg
383 KB, 1594x666
>>70081214
>Marvel nu-males hate Snyder

I'm not surprised. After all, their idols are Peyton Reed and Joss Whedon.

Seeing an alpha male like Zack Snyder causes them to remember how they were bullied by an alpha male and uncomfortable and lash out the only way they know how -impotently typing out hateful words on a Japanese jpeg board. Some, like Ant-Man director Peyton Reed when shown a statement from a capeflick rumor monger saying "DC directors can physically beat up Marvel directors," choose to withdraw into safe spaces instead. It's little wonder why /tv/ connects with Marvel more.

Snyder directs in sweatpants and Under Armour wristbands.

If that's not badass I don't know what is. Nerds can't stand that an alpha auteur is in control of their products, and he's elevating them to heights their puny brains can't comprehend. They can't stand that someone who appears on the outside as a manchild with a comic book fetish, is pushing the medium further than they thought possible.

Snyder, Affleck, and Cavill get the bitches and gays all juicy. They are just ripe with raw sexual energy. This offends the virginal fanboi. MoS and BvS deal with emotional issues and belief systems in a mature way. This doubly offends the fanboi, who is stuck in perpetual adolescence. They can't process or register mature emotions. And people hate what they don't understand.

P.S. The NY Times has lost credibility for years now, and will do anything for clickbait trending articles. Right now they're openly supporting the 'baby men" argument of why people hate Ghostbusters.
>>
>>70081645
lmao mad DCuck
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/egbRu3lXfnS2-Bag1UDm3A/
>>
>>70081214
>They’ve damaged their credibility with their audience. I’m not saying they can’t recover, but their next few movies had better be really good.
JUST make Justice League a full on action film with some quips NOT too many like Avengers but some to keep the critics satisfied - make sure it isn't as draining as BvS was with its running time - mainly due to the too many star wars prequels like speeches.

If they follow these steps it should turn out decent.

We have to first wait and see how people think of Suicide Squad.
>>
>>70081710
The Justice League script was written a year ago.
There's no hope for JL or Wonder Woman.
>>
File: 27% sad.jpg (62 KB, 491x719) Image search: [Google]
27% sad.jpg
62 KB, 491x719
No one knows what it's like
To be the Batman
To be the sad man
Behind this chin

No one knows what it's like
To be hated
To be berated
My capeshit bombed again

But my memes
They aren't as empty
As Lex Luthor's jar of pee

I see reviews, only Rotten
I will have vengeance
On WB
>>
>>70081761
this reminds me of a song but i can't remember what one
>>
>>70081777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuWXRZe9yA
>>
>>70081214
>>70081250
HEY FUCKOS MAYBE ITS NOT ROCKET SURGERY

MAYBE ITS PRETTY STRAIGHTFORWARD

LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU

DONT WRITE A FOUR HOUR MOVIE AND CUT IT DOWN TO BLOCKBUSTER LENGTH IN EDITING

FOCUS ON THE FUCKING WRITING

THE END
>>
>>70081828
/thread
>>
>>70081645
Wew, objective and rational journalism is dead.
This is the future we chose.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/business/media/ghostbusters-steps-right-into-the-hostility-of-gender-politics.html?_r=0

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2016/05/26/ellen-summoned-to-save-the-ghostbusters-remake-but/
>Sony saw the backlash against the trailer has having been a coordinated, misogynist campaign against the all-women film led by a small but influential group of fan sites.
>>
>>70081828
>WB in charge of not fucking up
They've had a bad couple of years man. BvS isn't really their sole fuckup
>>
>>70081250
>At one level, the explanation for the outcome is simple: “Captain America” is a much better movie
Lol?
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 770x711
>>70081214
>>70081250
DELETE THIS!!
>>
>>70081761
>No one knows what it's like
>To be the Batman
>To be the sad man
>Behind this chin

Ahh now I know; it reminds me of Simple Plan's Welcome to my life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0U0AlLVqpk

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No, you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life
>>
>>70081214

> “They’ve damaged their credibility with their audience. I’m not saying they can’t recover, but their next few movies had better be really good.

What is this blatant lie ? Only shittaste and paid shill critics destroyed the film. It got well recieved by the people except for the retardest of them
>>
File: he.gif (2 MB, 403x554) Image search: [Google]
he.gif
2 MB, 403x554
>>70081977
>It got well recieved by the people
>>
>>70081944
Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over?
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With their big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you're bleeding
>>
>>70082016
I wonder what their discussion was like
>No Zack, this is stupid
>NO IT'LL BE GREAT, YOU'LL GET RAPED, WE'LL STICK A COUPLE OF FILTERS OVER IT, THEN WHEN IT'S DONE WE'LL PULL BACK AND SEE YOU LAYING ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR ARMS WIDE OPEN SO IT LOOKS LIKE A CROSS
>Allahdammit why'd I sign up for this
>>
>>70081845
kek
Marveldrones will ignore this.
On with the circlejerk hugbox thread.
>>
>>70082065
don't worry: Ben is an Exec on Justice now.

He will fix all the errors up
>>
File: MarvelDC.jpg (588 KB, 800x1002) Image search: [Google]
MarvelDC.jpg
588 KB, 800x1002
>>
>>70082144
But they said that when Terrio came in. And when Affleck was reported to be working closely with Snyder. Fuck, this entire series might as well be
>___________ is working on it now, it's surely uphill from here
>>
>>70082163
DELEEEEEEETE
>>
>>70082163
Well frankly this makes perfect sense why Snyder didn't listen to Affleck during production. Couldn't take him seriously while he was wearing the suit
>>
>>70082163
fucking hell even the image of the Marvel world is bright and DC dark just like how the movie's look later in post... Poetry coincidence
>>
>>70082163

is any fun allowed?
>>
>>
>>
>>70082342
>showing his nudes to actors on his phone during filming
really? how unprofessional
>>
File: batman-vs-superman_Q2Q754.jpg (99 KB, 718x513) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman_Q2Q754.jpg
99 KB, 718x513
>>
>>70081645
I know this is bait but
>Zack "Turkish Airlines" Snyder
>alpha male

Also no one likes Whedon anymore. Good riddance.
>>
File: batman-vs-superman_kKghQ5.jpg (3 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman_kKghQ5.jpg
3 MB, 5472x3648
>>
But isn't it funny that Civil War was hyped up so much and can't even beat Iron Man 3? Or Age of Ultron?
Does this mean, more and more people getting a clue and stop watching Marvel?
>>
>>70082163
Do you think Affleck ever punched a hole in a wall out of frustration due to being ordered around by a much more incompetent director than him?
>>
>>70081845
>Marveldrones need to justify their shit taste with SJW news outlets
>>
>>70082342
>>70082361
>having fun
>>70082388
>>70082405
>looking serious

>>70082420
I thought it beat Ultron
>>
File: 1464346744091.jpg (142 KB, 715x662) Image search: [Google]
1464346744091.jpg
142 KB, 715x662
>>70082405
haha that's awesome. A shame we never saw that in the movie
>>
>>70081214

>article by James B Stewart
>author of Disney War - book chronicling time of Eisner
>implying Disney didn't give him information on condition he shill hard for them in the future

Also
>NY Times
>unbiased with integrity

Pick one
>>
File: Cavill.jpg (623 KB, 851x1023) Image search: [Google]
Cavill.jpg
623 KB, 851x1023
>>70082405
>look at this fucking hack
>im tired
>my feet hurt
>i wish i was at marvel
>>
>>70082420
It's projected to make more or less the same as Iron Man 3 by the end of it's run.
>>
>>70082463
>25 Anniversary
Is this another one of Based Snyder's symbolisms?
>>
>>70082464
how is it bias? its just reporting the numbers. civil war destroyed bvs. these are facts.
>>
>>70082405
>new bulge is in
>see me before
>end of the day
wut?
>>
>>70082468
>tfw hated BvS
>but feel bad for Cavill
>tfw Cavill as Sentry in the MCU never ever
>>
>>70082457
>no tension
>fun over quality
>doesn't make you think
>childish

Marvel flicks confirmed to be enjoyed by SJW trash
>>
>>70082422
All those anger scenes in the movie were real anger I'd say
>>
>>70082502
I too feel bad for Cavill. Watch any interviews with him or Man of Uncle. He was a great cast for Superman and has tons of charisma but is forced with no dialogue and to act sad every scene.
>>
>>70081645
>not calling them capeshitters
your wordplay is weak, my friend
>>
>>70082420
Not really, it's called Captain America.
If it was called Iron Man: Civil War or Avengers: Civil War, it would have made more.
>>
>>70082582
This.
Seeing him smile and having fun in the behind scenes is so weird when he has to act so dull in the movies.
>>
>>70082590
True. In Russia movie was called: "First Avengers: Opposition" because of negative connotation to both "Captain America" and "Civil War"
>>
>>70082582
>Man of Uncle
kek
>>
>>70082645
Wow. Your country's fucking garbage.
>>
>>70081214
>>70081250

its sad seeing articles like this. so you either stick to the "formula" - generic popcorn flick where baddies fight each other, city gets destroyed and all live happily ever after in the end. a serious, intellectual and political take on the comic book movie is "not fun" and is a "misstep".

fuck this. truly the words come true to this generation

>4And Snyder said to them, "An auteur is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."
>>
>>70082645
What did they call Winter Soldier?
>>
File: 1460647320570.jpg (84 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1460647320570.jpg
84 KB, 604x311
>>70082718
>>
>>70082718
>BvS
>intellectual
Sure thing Zack
>>
>>70082590
true

people here not even going into this movie because they never saw a "First Avenger" movie
>>
>>70082726
"First Avenger: Another War"
>>
>>70082726
The First Avenger: The Other War

They make no sense.
>>
>>70082726
"Le deep political thriller"

"The best since All the Presidents Men"
>>
why not just call it the avengers: civil war in other countries?
>>
>>70082718
Snyder pls go, you have to finish murdering DC's MCU.
>>
>>70082791
>>70082793
>they keep calling him First Avenger
Jesus. In the movie too?

>"Hey Cap" --> "Hey First"
>"Captain America, why was he in your apartment" --> "First Avenger, why was he in your apartment"
>>
File: hestonlaugh.webm (337 KB, 650x278) Image search: [Google]
hestonlaugh.webm
337 KB, 650x278
>>70082795
>27%
>>
>>70082726
The Oldest Adventurer: Single Battle
>>
>>70082802
I guess they want to keep the ''Avengers'' name for big events.
If they start using them for everything, it will lose it's connotation of ''Movie where all the heroes are''

>>70082820
No, it's just the movie title.
>>
>>70082791
>>70082793
So the first Cap movie was simply titled "First Avenger"?
>>
>>70082836
I dunno, the Civil War is a pretty fucking big event in the MCU.
>>
>>70082820
They call him "Captain America" when they can't avoid it, but ttry to use more neutral "Captain" or "Cap" whenever possible.

Seriously, as far as Russia is concerned, it would've grossed 1.5 times better if it was "The Avengers: Civil War"
>>
>>70082851
Yes.
But it's mostly in countries like Germany and Russia.
Here in Spain the title was a literal traduction. ''Capitan America Civil War.''
>>
>>70082853
Yes, but we already had an Avengers movie last year.
I'm sure they want to keep their blow for the Infinity War movies.
>>
File: 14326896436325.jpg (157 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
14326896436325.jpg
157 KB, 500x600
>>70081214
BvS is still better.
>>
>>70082718
>baddies fight each other, city gets destroyed
Ironically this happens in BvS and not Civil War. CW specifically sets out to have the final confrontation be about the characters, BvS goes out of its way to set up a big bad boss fight and superhero team up. Your bait doesn't work because its factually innacurate. You ended up describing BvS as formulaic.
>>
>>70082865
Man it must suck to be a MCU fan in Russia.

>the movies shit on your country at every opportunity (like the rest of Hollywood - has there ever been a positive portrayal of Russia?)
>your country goes full retard in trying to rename a man who is literally America and its values
>>
>>70082893
Not really.
>>
>>70082820
In the movie they rarely ever actually refer to him as Captain America, it's usually Cap, Captain, Steve, etc. Vision even calls him Captain Rogers. They're pretty shy when it comes to referring to him by his full title, maybe because they think it's too long or cheesy, or would turn people off. You only ever see people calling him Captain America jokingly like Ant-Man.
>>
>>70081250
>“Captain America” is a much better movie
BVS was a fucking turd but civil war was piece of shit too, both movies made a lot of money, does that make them good, “Captain America” is a much better movie" I don't know about that but all I know is that I have a hard time calling any of the two a "movie", these two productions are so out focus, so worried to make it bigger that they fail to create something that can be called a movie.
>>
>>70081645
This has nothing to do with SJW.
Its' just that now WB seriously think they can lose big money on this.
The masses weren't even that excited with the movie to begin with. That was a problem reported long before the bad reviews kept pouring.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
>>
>>70082967
lol
>>
>>70082991
That's how it starts.
The alimony, that turns rich men...
>>
>>70082936
I really think its just because its too long to cohesively be in a casual conversation. The fact that they mostly say "cap" proves he embodies the title though. Everyone could just as easily call him Steve but thats less common. I see what you're saying but never interpreted it that way myself.
>>
>Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017
>Justice League Part One November 17, 2017

>yfw a thor movie kills a justice league movie
>>
>>70082927
>Man it must suck to be a MCU fan in Russia.
Nah, it's as popular here as everywhere else. Avengers and Iron Man are very popular, everyone else to a lesser degree.

>the movies shit on your country at every opportunity (like the rest of Hollywood - has there ever been a positive portrayal of Russia?)
Aside from Iron Man 2 MCU was not really that offensive to Russia though

>your country goes full retard in trying to rename a man who is literally America and its values
Inevitable and probably justified given Russian-American relations at the moment
>>
>>70082967
No its not a piece of shit, its a great movie. In your entire post I didn't spot a single criticism, its just a whole lot of nothing. If you want an actual discussion try expressing yourself instead of just assuming you're in a hugbox and everyone unanimously agrees its awful to the point you dont need to explain why you feel that way.
>>
>>70081645
>Snyder directs in sweatpants
Ahahahahahah, what a fucking slob,that's just sad, I don't even own a pair of sweatpants and I workout everyday, I work out nude like a real man, grow some big balls like me you sissy faggot.
>>
>>70083078
I know everyone said this about Batman v Superman, but there's no way a Justice League movie wont make money. r-right?

I just cant fathom how they haven't fired Zack Snyder. If Justice League is shit too normies will start to catch on.
>>
is the aquaman movie even happening still? it's going against antman and the wasp it's gonna get fucking killed.
>>
>>70083127
Apparently it's getting completely rewritten.
Also the Flash director bailed out, and Cyborg is apparently cancelled.
>>
File: 1430233773403.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1430233773403.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>70083078
>yfw Dr. Strange is going against that Harry Potter spinoff later this year
>yfw Marvel cucks WB a second time in one year
>>
>>70083112
I'm sure it will, but it will also underperform hard.
Because Snyder himself made sure of that with BvS.

I'm surprised if his wife can get him another high profile gig after this for years to come.
And you know Warner is dropping him like a hot potato as soon as they find a way to weasel out of the contract.
>>
Why is she called Captain Marvel? Isn't that kind of weird to have a superhero with the same name as the company in it?
>>
>>70083187
The name is from the early 70s or around there, it wasn't weird then. And in universe his name is "Mar Vell" so it comes from that.
>>
>>70083187
Her real name Mar-Vell.
Ironically, Shazam is also known as Captain Marvel, which is a hero from DC.
>>
File: 1464307298732.jpg (3 MB, 1855x2950) Image search: [Google]
1464307298732.jpg
3 MB, 1855x2950
>>70083187
I guess people will find it weird.
Wonder when will she appear since she was supposed to have a cameo in Age of Ultron.
>>
>>70083231
How did they get away with that? Couldn't one of them sue for copyright infringement?
>>
>>70083254
Confirmed fake picture
>>
>>70083165
Is anyone even that interested in Harry Potter's world anymore? It had a good run, but I feel like it's run its course.
And it doesn't have the staying power of something like James Bond, because there's not much variety in the setting and tone.

Granted, I wasn't even interested enough to watch the trailer for this.
>>
>>70083231
HIS name is Mar Vell, Carol is a legacy character.

>>70083255
thats what happened. Just look it up
>>
>>70083272
Yeah, I hope the outfit is something a bit more colorful, that looks like the X-Men outfit from X-Men 2.

Hope they also get Emily Blunt for that, i'm still butthurt she didn't end up being Black Widow.
>>
>>70083254
Her movie isn't till March 2019 and Kevin said we probably won't see her until then. Tbh I think it's the one Marvel movie that could potentially not do very well box office wise.

>>70083299
Emily Blunt would be GOAT.
>>
>>70083148
>the Flash director bailed out, and Cyborg is apparently cancelled
Jesus, DCEU is folding in on itself. Then again it was stupid of Warner to announce all of those to begin with. They should have just announced Wonder Woman and waited to see how BvS would do.
>>
>>70083315
That's why they have to introduce her earlier.
Having the Captain Marvel movie out of the blue would put it at risk.
Considering it will probably be delayed to phase 4, they could easily make her debut happen in Infinity War.
>>
>>70081214
Marvel is cancer tho.
>>70082381
>>
>>70083355
Funny because RDJ has been pushing for years to have Mel direct an Iron Man movie.
>>
>>70083291
>Is anyone even that interested in Harry Potter's world anymore?
No, and JK Rowling isn't loved nearly as much as she used to be with the liberals. She stuck her nose into far too many political issues, even if her opinions made sense it pissed people off. Also the black Hermione debacle turned off so many fans.
>>
>>70081214
>>70081250

>muh secret code

I think this is exactly the problem Warner has. They believe there is some kind of formular. Some kind of "trick" that makes things magically popular and their only experience with success and superhero movies is their Dark Knight trilogy so they try to make everything TDK not realizing why it actually was popular.

As for why Civil War was so much better than BvS, there is really no secret to it. It was just a much much better movie on every level.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/09/captain-america-civil-war-shows-exactly-why-batman-v-superman-failed/#7ca9891146bb
>>
File: 1462951143818.png (517 KB, 541x670) Image search: [Google]
1462951143818.png
517 KB, 541x670
>>70082718

>baddies fight eachother
There was only one baddie fight at the start of the movie. Every other fight was with the Heroes or Authorities.
>City gets destroyed
Nope. Just 2 buildings blow up.
>all live happily ever after in the end.
no-one lived happily ever after in the end. Tony lost what he was trying to do, keep the avengers together (Airport Battle; he tells Cap he is trying to stop them from breaking apart). The Captain America hero is dead, and Steve is a wanted fugitive hiding out in Wakanda, Also making Wakanda/Black Panther an enemy of the UN. Bucky has gone under, Rhodey has become a cripple and everyone else is locked up. Even though Steve comes back to break out the others they are still wanted criminals.

It' funny because that exact same "formula" is used in BvS
>baddies fight eachother
as generic as it gets; big bad monster in the end that all the heroes must fight. Also don't forget all of luthors goons.
>City gets destroyed
2 Cities get majorly destroyed
>all live happily ever after
villain goes to jail, superman is actually alive
>>
>>70083254
God, you can see Whedon's taint all over that design.
It looks like it belongs in Agents of S.H.I.T.

More importantly, does Carol bring her eternal hanger-on girlfriend with her?
>>
>>70082922
>>70083405
Why are you replying so seriously to such weak bait
I swear it was posted before, too
>>
>>70083395
Yeah, Fantastic Beasts is going to be a flop IMO. Nobody cares about it at this point, and there's been like no marketing for it.
>>
>>70083423
Forgot my image.
>>
>>70083423
Nobody knows absolutely anything.
Just hope we get to see Wanda and her becoming friends.
>>
File: untitled-2-1343431064.jpg (77 KB, 576x325) Image search: [Google]
untitled-2-1343431064.jpg
77 KB, 576x325
>>70083187

Captain Marvel was originally a Fawcett Comics character who was a big strong white man that /tv/ loves. DC comics sued them into oblivion in the 1950s for ripping off Superman.

Meanwhile Timely Comics publishers of Captain America slowly morphed into Marvel Comics in the 1960s (which was just a brand name and nothing to do with Captain Marvel).

DC bought the remains of Fawcett Comics which included Captain Marvel sometime around this.

Marvel by the 70s was DC's biggest rival and noticed the copyrights to the 1940s Captain Marvel name (but not character had expired). Being the sneaky Jews they were, they released their own hero with the name Captain Marvel who was a blonde haired alien dude completely unrelated to the 1940s Captain Marvel as a fuck you to DC.

DC then had to start calling the 1940s Captain Marvel who they had bourght from Fawcett, Shazam.

Marvel to hold onto the Captain Marvel name kept publishing new characters with the name Captain Marvel every 10 years or so since the 70s.

The current Captain Marvel is the former female sidekick/girlfriend of the original 1970s Marvel Captain Marvel who was previously known as Ms. Marvel and got upgraded to a butch tough vaguely lesbian full Captain in an interracial relationship because of SJWs and shit. Happy?
>>
>>70082922

It's funny how desilusioned BvS fans are about their movie because it was the most fromulaic piece of trash to hit the cinema.
EVERY single person knew exactly what was going to happen after seeing the BvS trailer. No surprises, no twists, nothing of interest happened at all in BvS, which is why it was an extremely boring movie.
>>
>>70082163
>snyder has no headphones for hearing that his team is ready for a take

Quite the ego for zack, his hubris was his undoing
>>
>>70083384
I think that was more to make a point.

>RDJ: So MCU/Hollywood, you want me to do another Iron Man movie? Well I'm not going to
>unless you pay me more
>AND you hire my old buddy Mel, whom you've demonized and treated like absolute shit for years
>>
File: 1464130356596.gif (1 MB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
1464130356596.gif
1 MB, 500x226
>>70083425
Because it feels good reminding myself how much of a failure BvS was. Espcially after all those 1.jpg threads before release.

>inb4 muh capeshit company wars
>>
>>70083465
>EVERY single person knew exactly what was going to happen after seeing the BvS trailer.

this. they literally spoiled the entire movie. I remember people were like "haha relax there's so much we didn't see" but there was nothing.
>>
>>70082468
>I wonder what my guild buddies are up to
>>
>>70083084
It's a piece of shit, and redundant, it starts as a simple action movie that tries more or less to follow a simple formula (that could have worked) being set up by the bad guy, but Ironman completely destroys the movie, it's like a fucking circus of incoherence, all reasons that create the conflict don't make any sense, but that's not even the bigger problem, every action scene where Ironman is involved just shifts the tone of the movie, and scenes that were supposed to be tense are just laughable.
Not to mention that the bad guy kills all those super dangerous huber winter soldier that could wreak everyone, wew dodge a bullet there, anyway it could have been a half decent movie if it weren't civil war and was Cap and WS against Zemo and the stronger winter soldiers, instead they chose to make a movie that resembles Attack of the clones.

But I'm wrong, and you always right, that's okay you can keep your prize.
>>
>>70082163
Look at the kino at the top
>>
>>70083148
ayy
>>
>>70083508
I don't even care about studio wars but laughing Chris Evans is my favorite /tv/ meme
>>
>>70083526
Jesus Christ, all these buzzwords. I don't even know why I'm replying.
>>
>>70083458
thanks anon
>>
>>70083526
>Not to mention that the bad guy kills all those super dangerous huber winter soldier that could wreak everyone

See this is how we know you're full of shit.
The "formula" would be
>baddie releases his super monster
>heroes cast their differences aside and team up to defeat super monster and become best friends in the end
>baddie goes to jail and everybody is happy

Instead we find out that the villain is savvy enough to realize that he never has a chance of destroying the Avengers by himself but instead always wanted them to fight themselves. And while he didn't completely destroy them he actually succeeded in majorly damaging the team. The Avengers are now split, up, half of them wanted criminals, one of them possibly crippled for life time and are forced to live in the undergroung
>>
>>70082582
i just watched bvs for the first time, the entire world just shit on him until he died.
>>
File: fu515a.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fu515a.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>70083165
>Marvel cucks WB a second time in one year
>>
File: symbiote_peter spider man 3.webm (3 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
symbiote_peter spider man 3.webm
3 MB, 640x264
>>70081214
>The theatrical run of “Batman v Superman” is all but over, with a worldwide box office gross of $871 million
lel

Spider-Man 3 did more than that, SPIDER-MAN 3
>>
>>70082502

Don't worry
He'll get his real Superman, r-right?
Just like Ryan Reynolds got his real Deadpool. E-everything is going to turn out good in the end, r-right?
>>
File: cage kek.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
cage kek.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>70083165
>Marvel cucks WB a second time in one year
>>
File: frenk.jpg (25 KB, 506x437) Image search: [Google]
frenk.jpg
25 KB, 506x437
>>70083526
I love how everyone who off handedly calls the movie bad, when pressed for their reasoning reveals themselves to be a fucking retard.

Zemo has no connection to Hydra, explicitly says they deserved what happened to them, and directly trying to defeat the Avengers would not have worked as many have tried before and failed which is why his plan was to make them kill each other instead. That is a million times more engaging than setting up a final boss battle. You are seriously going to try and argue that the movie would have been better if his plan was instead to lure them to Siberia and unleash a super villain for them to fight? Jesus christ I am happy people like you are not making movies because that is unbelievably stupid of you.

You might be wondering why i'm so fixated on that, it's because that's the only piece of actual criticism in your entire post. The rest of it is just labeling things, you might as well have listed a bunch of things and said "its bad because its bad" what an awful critic you are. I'm not saying Civil War is perfect, and god knows it doesn't need people to defend it because its by no means underrated, but its so retarded when /tv/ "critics" try to literally just make up things to complain about like you are unable to accept its just generally well made and popular because of that. Like its popularity is what fuels your anger. If it underperformed or got smashed by critics you people would be nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>70083291
I've watched a Harry Potter movie, I'm an oldfag and it never appealed to me.
>>
>>70083707

I liked Spiderman 3...
>>
>>70082582
I too feel bad for him but supposedly he had a lot of input on how his character was portrayed so maybe he wanted it that way too.
>>
>>70083649
It feels like MCU is drawing in bigger and bigger names lately. There was Robert Redford in Winter Soldier, Glenn Close in Guardians of the Galaxy, Michael Keaton might be in Spiderman now. Also Benedict Cucumber is the hottest shit right now. Who's next? Brad Pitt playing the """real""" Mandarin?
>>
>>70083646
> he actually succeeded in majorly damaging the team. The Avengers are now split, up, half of them wanted criminals, one of them possibly crippled for life time and are forced to live in the undergroung

I just love how this movie didn't return to status quo, with everyone back to normal. Gets me actually hyped up for next installments.
>>
>>70083756
im pretty hyped for cate blanchett in thor 3 desu
>>
>>70083766
Its pretty close though, cap is literally a phone call away, and they can be uneasy allies against the bigger threat strange and meme lord are struggling with
>>
>>70083756

I think everyone wants to jump on the hype train while it still runs.
After Infinity Wars 2 the Superhero hype is gonna die quicker than Yamcha
>>
>>70083756
The others probably have to do with the fact that Perlmutter no longer is forcing Feige to cheapen out on everything.

Look up Thor 3's cast, they are blowing a fuckload of money in that.
>>
File: six pack.png (763 KB, 699x577) Image search: [Google]
six pack.png
763 KB, 699x577
Whoever plays Carol, that chick better be willing to work the fuck out unlike the gentile skeleton.
>>
>>70083825
>Goldblum
Marvel finds a way
>>
>>70083756
They're big movies, which does wonders in getting your name out there. Weren't there articles about directors fighting to get MCU gigs at less than their normal rates solely due to how much follow up work they get from it?
>>
File: emily blunt fit.jpg (124 KB, 1042x529) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt fit.jpg
124 KB, 1042x529
>>70083836
There's only one choice, Marvel better not fuck it up.
>>
File: 1460436828319.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1460436828319.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>70083756
>Kurt Russell in GotG2
>mfw
>>70083773
Holy shit I didn't know about that, who does she play? God I hope it's the demon lady.
>>
>>70083883
She's apparently the villain, so probably.
>>
>>70081761
I've been memed before
And always hit the floor
I've spent a lifetime running
And i always get away
But with Batman i feel something
That makes me want to stay

I'm prepared for this
I never shoot to miss
But i feel like a storm is coming
If i'm gonna make it through the day
Then there's no more use in shooting
This is something WB will have to face

If i risk it all
Could you break my fall?

Chorus (high pitched voice)
How do i live? How do i breathe?
When money's not in, i'm suffocating
I want to feel love, run through my balls
Tell me is this where i give it all up?
For You i have to risk it all
Cause the memes are on the waaalll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzDnsjYv9A
(Jesus Christ, i didn't realise how emo the lyrics are! I barely had to change a thing, it fits so well)
>>
File: galadrielsglade107.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
galadrielsglade107.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>70083883

confirmed
>>
>>70083883
>Chatting to Entertainment Tonight, he did drop a few hints about Cate Blanchett's villainous character in the movie. "She plays the worst of the worst", he said, "so evil. She is going to kill us. It's such a great part she gets to play".

>Ruffalo reaffirmed that Thor: Ragnarok will be an "intergalactic buddy road movie" between the characters of Thor and Bruce Banner/Hulk. And he does assure us that we won't get shortchanged when it comes to Hulk, either. "The Hulk gets Hulk-ier. The Hulk Hulks out. Hulk-ier and bigger", he said.

also fiege said the movie is 90% in space

thor 3 is gonna be GOAT desu
>>
File: 5106077-hela-520x747.jpg (161 KB, 520x747) Image search: [Google]
5106077-hela-520x747.jpg
161 KB, 520x747
>>70083883
Apparently Hela
>>
File: tony.png (3 MB, 3322x3662) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
3 MB, 3322x3662
>>70083825
>>70083862
>Cate Blanchett
>Jeff Goldblum
>BASED Karl Urban
I have a feeling this is going to be the best Thor movie from that cast alone.
>>
>>70083929
>"She plays the worst of the worst", he said, "so evil. She is going to kill us. It's such a great part she gets to play".
I just hope her character is better than Ronan. They really wasted Lee Pace IMO
>>
>>70083929
>intergalactic road buddy movie

And the formulaic action comedy cycle continues.
>>
>>70083961
I get a feeling they're learning from their mistakes in the first two phases and putting more work into the villains now. Just look at Zemo in Civil War, he was easily the second best if not the best MCU villain yet.
>>
File: disgusted anime.png (122 KB, 398x309) Image search: [Google]
disgusted anime.png
122 KB, 398x309
>>70081710
>make Justice League a full on action film with some quips NOT too many like Avengers but some to keep the critics satisfied
>This is something we need to say now

Cinema is beyond saving. Burn it all down.
>>
>>70083951
>this is going to be the best Thor movie
To be fair that isn't a very high bar. It'll be better simply because the Earth characters aren't in it. Natalie Portman is cute but no one cares about Jane
>>
>>70084003
If it's more like the first Thor, that'd be good already.
>>
File: #61.png (193 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
#61.png
193 KB, 624x352
>>70083951

>HODOR HOLD THE DOOOOOORRRRR
>>
so what's up with nick fury?
are we gonna see him again?
>>
>>70084056
He died on the way back to his home planet.
>>
>>70084056
We'll probably see him approaching Strange in the after credits
And obviously he'll be in one or both of the Infinity Wars
>>
>>70084097
Both, probably.
Him, Scarlet Witch and Vision are the only ones who could do anything to Thanos, and even then, Vision will probably get btfo.
>>
>>70083818
This. Disney and Feige know that era of capeshit is coming to an end so Infinity War Pt. 2 would be the peak of the genre with extreme budget, CGI and complete clusterfuck of characters.
>>
>>70084183
Each of the IW movies apparently has a budget of 500 million.
Hope having no Perlmutter will let them spend a good amount in CGI, and to have GOTG's and AoU's cinematographer.
GOTG was quite good looking, and AoU, despite not being the best, he definatly managed to improve Whedon's shit from Avengers 1 quite a bit.
>>
File: 1KglDUq.jpg (67 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1KglDUq.jpg
67 KB, 694x530
>>70081250
>>The starkly different outcomes show how difficult it is to make a successful blockbuster,

If you keep making the same fucking mistakes and expecting different outcomes you're a retard.

Deadpool made an incredible ROI because instead of dumping a shitload of cash into it and marketing, they had a slimmer budget and relied on giving audiences a decent (not even great) take on an adult violent niche movie type we haven't gotten much of since the 80s and early 90s.

This incessant need to bloat budgets and turn R rated properties into PG13 bullshit because of MUH KEEDZ BABY thinking it's going to increase the profit, is so shortsightedly shekelgrubbing I'm surprised these companies are run by jews.

Have the goddamn balls to make movies for the only age group still invested in the silver screen. The kids are all watching your shit on camrips on their phones.
>>
File: 1366320877786[1].png (457 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1366320877786[1].png
457 KB, 500x494
>>70083355
>Marvelet refuges in this site are getting scarcer.
>169 / 34 / 35 / 2

Feels good
>>
>>70084231
Apparently that 500 covers production, marketing and distribution though. And considering they're being shot as one giant production, I imagine they're saving money there, specially on pre-prod and sets and shit
>>
>>70084283
Oh no, the total budget for both movies is 1 billion.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Supposed-Avengers-Infinity-War-Budget-Almost-Shocking-87347.html
>>
>>70084301
200 marketing a movie since they're being released separately, leaves 600 for a production budget for the equivalent of two movies. 300 for something of this scale, considering how much they're gonna have to pay the cast this time around, doesn't seem that insane
>>
>>70081863
Yes we all love laughing at facts here.
Look at this joke - we live on earth.
>>
>>70084397
>he doesn't live on the moon
pleb
>>
>>70084029
By most standards that make a good story Thor is good
>>
>>70083084
Mate tv/ is above capeshit. Kino is the only thing that matters here.
>>
File: 1464317738359.jpg (388 KB, 1865x2820) Image search: [Google]
1464317738359.jpg
388 KB, 1865x2820
>>70083874
Could be GOAT.
>>
File: 1323475568198.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1323475568198.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>70084462
>Mate tv/ is above capeshit
>>
File: kino.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kino.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>70084462
This.
Please, post examples of /tv/ approved kino to show these fucking capeshitters what true cinema looks like.
>>
>>70084231
>>70084283
>>70084301
>>70084340
Budget is only going to rise in the upcoming years. Additional characters, additional technical costs etc. Would not be surprised if the overall combined budget would reach $1.5 bln by 2019
>>
>>70084231
Yea AOU looked leagues better the The Avengers it actually looked like a movie and not a tv show.
>>
When is BD release ffs
>>
Yes, both f these movies were fucking shit, but the marvel one made more money, more news at 11.
>>
File: 1461184427134[1].jpg (647 KB, 1660x1778) Image search: [Google]
1461184427134[1].jpg
647 KB, 1660x1778
>>70084511
>>
>>70081250
>At one level, the explanation for the outcome is simple: “Captain America” is a much better movie.

the shilling is real jesus christ
>>
>>70084813
Why?
He's right.
>>
File: 1464064653164[1].jpg (1 MB, 1656x3220) Image search: [Google]
1464064653164[1].jpg
1 MB, 1656x3220
>>70084785
The updated list is better, Sucker Punch is even more pleb-filtery than BvS.
>>
Did anyone else enjoy how hilariously and stereotypically evil the baddy in Antman was?
The part where he basically tortures the cutest lambs he could find to test his shrink ray gets me every time.
>>
>>70083961
I love Ronan. Fuck the sympathetic villain cliché.
>>
>>70084899
Yes, also the first Cap movie.
>>
>Disney
>WB
>Rivals

Nigga that's like saying Friends is a Game of Thrones rival they're completely unrelated and give no fucks about eachother
>>
>>70084813
I feel like it was written even before the film came out.

People wanted BvS to fail -- hell, look at the response the first teaser got (before the one came out that spoiled the plot). People were itching for it to suck.

Meanwhile everyone already accepted that Civil War would be met with critical accolades. It was written -- sort of like how The Farce...sorry, I mean FORCE, Awakens was going to be well reviewed just because "at least it isn't a prequel."
>>
>>70084928
Ronan was forgettable as fuck though.
We don't need a villain to be necessarily sympathetic, but he at least needs to have a presence. Ronan, and the majority of Marvel villains, are 2-dimensional as fuck.
>>
>>70085006
>The Farce...sorry, I mean FORCE
Why didn't you just backspace and correct your typo?
>>
>>70084899
Yeah, he was ridiculously hammy. If he had a mustache he'd be twirling the shit out of it.
>>
>>70084785
>>70084872
Leave.
>>
>>70084872
>>70084785

I literally can't refute this.
>>
>>70082342
>Germany
>all white people

wew
>>
>>70085322
No one in that picture is white though.
>>
>>70081214
>But given that the studio gets only about half the box-office gross...
I wish film critics/journalists would stop playing armchair accountants. If movies really cost as much as they say, most franchises in the last 20 years would NEVER gotten off the ground.

It should be common knowledge by now that production budgets are vastly inflated thanks to the magic of Hollywood accounting (movies usually cost half their reported amount). And on top of that Studios benefit from untold millions in tax breaks and merchandising.
>>
>>70085651
But anon, then film critics/journalists wouldn't be able to call every non-Disney-produced-film a flop!!

Can't have that can we?
>>
>>70084899

That's Marvel for you
>>
File: 1353945952024.jpg (34 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1353945952024.jpg
34 KB, 500x383
>>70085651
>mfw I work in my country's IRS
>mfw even here the studios (microscopic in comparision mind you) do the exactly same thing despite already having absurd tax benefits
>mfw I see trying to write off 5,000 euros in coffee for a three months production
>>
>>70085651
Who's the real armchair accountant here?
I don't see you sourcing your claim that movies only cost half what everyone says anyways, so you're not much better than folks in the OP.
>>
>>70085858
assume good quality coffee so one Euro/cup, 90 days of shooting (?)
5,000/90= 55 cups a day
so say it's even a tiny tiny production it's possible they work so long that 5 cups a day is possible
>>
>>70084144
The fuck is Fury gonna do against Thanos?
>>
>>70086072
I think he fucked up his reading comprehension and thought we were talking about Strange.
>>
Official MCU power rankings:

God tier
>Cap 3

Great tier
>Antman
>Cap 2

Good tier
>Cap 1
>Thor
>Iron Man
>Avengers: AoU
>Guardians of the Galaxy

Meh tier
>Iron Man 2
>The Avengers

Shit Tier
>Iron Man 3
>Thor 2

Literally who gives a shit tier
>Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I forgot this even exists tier
>The Incredible Hulk
>>
Schadenfreude is the greatest feeling.
>>
File: manofsteel381.jpg (452 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
manofsteel381.jpg
452 KB, 599x900
>>70083874
Nah man! Marvel Studios needs to steal away Antje Traue and just color her hair blonde. She'd make a perfect Captain Marvel.
>>
File: snek.jpg (16 KB, 350x325) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
16 KB, 350x325
>>70086173
>AOU over the first one
>>
I thought Memepool was better than eithet of them. Not just because it was funnier or edgier.
The script and characters were better and had respect for the source material to a degree.

I like the way the Russos shoot hand to hand overall though. Airport scene was fun

BvS tried harder if that means anything. Batman was fun. That's about it
>>
>>70086173
Switch around Antman and Iron Man 1.
>>
>>70086253
It was better.
>>
>>70086062

In Spain and buying in bulk? I don't believe those motherfuckers spent 500 euros in coffee. We asked them to bring the bills or tickets or whatever and they couldn't. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of magic accounting you have to do to spend 250 millions in some CGI fuckfest, I wouldn't like to be the guy who audit that shit
>>
>>70086299
Cavill's a good Superman. He just needs more time to shine.
>>
>>70086342
Yeah he's fine. I think it's mostly the scripts to blame for his movies
>>
>>70086342
>>70086371
Cavill as a casting choice is great. He's just been given shitty scripts to work with. He's not written as a good Superman yet. And it's like Snyder didn't even try to make him likable or anything in BvS. When you consider that Spidey had more lines in CW than Supes had in BvS it kind of puts things in perspective.
>>
>>70086238
Fuck no, Carol has always been a beautiful blonde.
That one looks like a tranny.
>>
File: katheryn-winnick-800.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
katheryn-winnick-800.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
>>70083874
Nah
>>
>>70083874
>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
>>70086451
Can she pack up muscle?
>>
>>70086451
>38
No way they're signing her up for a multi picture contract that'll start up by the time she's in her 40s
>>
If they didn't make Wonder Woman a kike it probably would have done a little better.
>>
File: 1463006159830.jpg (311 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1463006159830.jpg
311 KB, 2000x3000
>>70086438
I just hope she and Wanda end up being having a sister-like relationship.
>>
>>70086635
HA, no, it'll be another character that parents her
>>
>>70083094
(You)
>>
>>70086635
I just hope there are gratuitous fuzzshots
>>
>>70086658
Yeah, Markus and McFeely seem to be going out of their way to make her the daughterfu of the MCU.
>>
File: lagertha2.png (926 KB, 595x593) Image search: [Google]
lagertha2.png
926 KB, 595x593
>>70086451
I don't think my dick could handle it.
>>
File: 1458659742756.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458659742756.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>70086692
>>
>>70081828
>DONT WRITE A FOUR HOUR MOVIE AND CUT IT DOWN TO BLOCKBUSTER LENGTH IN EDITING

2-1/2 hours isn't exactly standard blockbuster length, but then I remember blockbusters from the 80s and 90s that were at most an hour and a half long.

Also it was a three hour movie cut down to 2-1/2 hours.

Also the LAST thing BvS needs is MORE screen time. That was not its problem.
>>
>>70086438
>Carol has always been a beautiful blonde.

The have this wonderful invention called hair coloring anon. Or do you honestly believe that all the blondes in movies are real blondes?

>That one looks like a tranny

This >>70083874 looks like a tranny.
>>
File: emily blunt smoke.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
emily blunt smoke.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>70086744
>Emily Blunt
>tranny
>when that monster has a deformed facial structure of a 15 year old, with the manjaw of a stereotypical 30 year old marine
Kill yourself.
>>
>>70086690
Eh, she was always young in books. She was like 16/17 when the twins first got introduced, and within a few months they were in the Avengers. People always forget that
>>
>>70086775
Emily Blunt's face is kind of weird desu.
>>
>>70086775
This coming from the guy with a boner for the "chick" with the Jay leno chin.
>>
>>70086731
No he's saying write a movie that fits the proper length.
>>
File: 1458259071595.jpg (313 KB, 882x1127) Image search: [Google]
1458259071595.jpg
313 KB, 882x1127
>>70086814
This coming from the guy with a boner for a post-op tranny.
>>
>>70086855
Oh god what happened to her arm?
>>
>>70086870
She's buffed.
>>
>>70086855
Takes one to know one I guess
>>
>>70086910
No, I know it when someone says a man is actually a woman.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>70086870
This happened, she worked out like a boss for MoS
>>
>>70086928
>No, I know it when someone says a man is actually a woman.
has a boner for the manliest man woman that ever manned.
>>
>>70081813
I always think of Batman when listening to that tbqh. The lyrics really fit, especially for Nolan Batman.
>To be the bad man
>To be the sad man
>Behind blue eyes
>To be hated
>To be fated
>To telling only lies
Basic stuff, Batman is a loner who is feared and hated and living as a one big lie that is Bruce Wayne.
>But my dreams
>They aren't as empty
>As my conscience seems to be
But the vain playboy millionaire isn't who he actually is, he's not that empty guy everybody thinks he is.
>I have hours, only lonely
>My love is vengeance
>That's never free
He spends lonely hours in the night, patrolling Gotham and showing his love for the city with his vengeance.
>To feel these feelings
>Like I do
>And I blame you
Batman blames Joe Chill for making him a sad, lonely person.
>No one bites back as hard
>On their anger
>None of my pain and woe
>Can show through
Inside, he's full of painful feelings, but on the outside, he never shows them, keeping his cool at all times.
>Chorus again
>When my fist clenches, crack it open
>Before I use it and lose my cool
>When I smile, tell me some bad news
>Before I laugh and act like a fool
>If I swallow anything evil
>Put your finger down my throat
>If I shiver, please give me a blanket
>Keep me warm, let me wear your coat
Batman admits that he needs some people, like Alfred and Gordon, to keep him sane, and that the cannot actually fight all alone. In the final line he references Gordon giving him his coat when his parents died, and himself giving his coat to the homeless man.
>First stanza repeats

I-I went full autismo, didn't I?
>>
>>70086420
He had some good scenes in MOS, mostly when out of costume. I particularly liked how he struggled between Jonathan's and both Jor-El's different beliefs of what he should be.
>>
>>70086316
The first one has character arcs, the second doesn't. No its not. I too thought it was better intially then I rewatched it and each time it got worse and worse now I just hate it.
>>
>>70086173
God tier
>Cap 2

Great tier
>Cap 3
>Iron Man

Good tier
>Cap 1
>Ant-Man
>GotG
>Avengers

Meh Tier
>Iron Man 2
>Thor
>The Incredible Hulk

Shit Tier
>Iron Man 3
>Thor 2
>Age of Ultron
>>
File: 1461707093589.jpg (2 MB, 3264x4896) Image search: [Google]
1461707093589.jpg
2 MB, 3264x4896
>>70086299
Really? Weakest part of Deadpool to me was the paper thin plot and lack of any real character arcs. I feel like they have a lot of respect for Deadpool as a character but were afraid to take him seriously enough maybe because it would alienate audiences so instead they made him completely likable.

On the other hand I felt like the Russos respect all the characters they were using a lot more and subverted expectations by making the third act of Civil War completely based on the emotions of the characters. Deadpool's final fight was simply for vengeance and anger, Civil War kinda ends up being about the exact opposite, characters being consumed by vengence and some overcoming it, the concept being portrayed as a bad thing. Deadpool turns it into a joke, the idea that he would overcome his need for vengeance laughable because its a bit of a trope. But maybe the movie would have been better if he did have a bit of an arc? At least something above "I'm ugly and she wont accept me, but now it turns out she accepts me anyway". Deadpool just doesn't come close, honestly. If they weren't afraid to make it more emotional it could have been amazing and definitely better than Civil War on the other hand I dont feel like Civil War was afraid to get emotional. I believe Civil War is better for those reasons.

Also Lizzie~!
>>
>>70087178
I'd put Ant-Man in Meh Tier, but otherwise agreed.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-05-27 09-35-59-094.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-05-27 09-35-59-094.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
>>70087423
>>
>>70081845
>If you don't see Ghostbusters, you'll make a million little girls cry.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.