[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lord of the Flies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: lord-of-the-flies.jpg (59 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-flies.jpg
59 KB, 856x482
Just finished watching this. I was very surprised at how immersive this movie was considering how old it was. Had never read the book, and didn't know what it was about ( A friend recommended it). So with that being said, Simon and Piggys death really shocked me
overall solid 8/10, two thumbs ups. The cheesy music at the end really disappointed me. The shot with the sailors would have been much more powerful if it remained silent. The music made it seem like Ralph was crying from joy of being rescued, not from the shock of how savage the boys had become and piggys murder
>>
File: 8573_Lord-of-the-Flies-04.jpg (47 KB, 496x403) Image search: [Google]
8573_Lord-of-the-Flies-04.jpg
47 KB, 496x403
Also had some really good shots
>>
>>62741440

>Had never read the book

Dude, do yourself a favor and read that shit.

"Somewhere over the darkened curve of the world the sun and moon were pulling, and the film of water on the earth planet was held, bulging slightly on one side while the solid core turned. The great wave of the tide moved farther along the island and the water lifted. Softly, surrounded by a fringe of inquisitive bright creatures, itself a silver shape beneath the steadfast constellations, Simon's dead body moved out toward the open sea."
>>
>>62741505
Thought Lord of the Flies was rather boring. Might've found it great when I was 16 but at 23 the book had very little new insight to me personally.
>>
>>62741505
Was just looking at in on Amazon desu. Is the film faithful to the novel?
>>
>Piggy

Get's bullied so much but remains to cheerful. his death made me sad man.
>>
What do you guys think of the 1990's version? It reminds me of this website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqrREfjDS-c
>>
>>62741764
it sucks ass. I hated the whole movie, but you can tell just from the scene alone.
>I wont let you get away with this!
>Whatre you gonna do your all alone!
Unnecessary and cliche

Also, in the book and 1963 version, Piggys final speech has depth and he remarks on the benefits of being civilized over savagery. In this version its literally just "hey guys were gonna be here a long time!"
The whole movie is a dumbed down, Americanized mess.
>>
I remember watching this movie as a child. When they killed that dude with a rock for his glasses i was shocked. That was some heavy shit. This movie lingered in my mind for a long time. I watched it at the age of 19 again and found it to be a bit boring. But the impression that it made from watching it the first time still persists.
>>
>>62741440
It's a pretty good adaptation, but read the book you son of a bitch.
>>
Never bothered watching the original film. Does it have the talking pig head?
>>
>>62742442
>Does it have the talking pig head?
I would like to know this too.
>>
>>62741505
>>62741530
it's one of those books that gets assigned at high school mostly because of the underlying message that teenagers should listen to their parents or else.
>>
>>62741587
Well I've haven't seen the movie but it looks pretty faithful.
>>
>>62742722
It's a good story. Very visceral. A bunch of kids in a desert island. It shows how the real human instinct emerges when there is no society.
>>
>>62742722
>teenagers should listen to their parents or else

Jesus Christ how could anyone miss the point so hard

What are you, 16? Are you blasting Linkin Park in your bedroom right now to show Mom you're mad at her for making you visit Grandma this afternoon?
>>
>>62742928
I'm saying that assigning the book is done for more simplistic reasons which ignore the nuance of the text. in particular, assigning something with children/teenagers as the main characters is favored because its perceived that high-school students will relate to it more easily - cv Catcher In The Rye and A Clockwork Orange. the books are good, but if the point was to expand student's horizons it would make more sense to assign stuff from the 19th century.
>>
>>62743024
You have no idea at all. Lord of the Flies was the first novel of Golding, was included as a science fiction story in a unknown collection and was highly ignored at the time. Golding never wrote for children. The book has parts of gore, murders and shocking scenes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.