[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Men status: BTFO.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: C5EU0Wi.gif (3 MB, 400x168) Image search: [Google]
C5EU0Wi.gif
3 MB, 400x168
Men status: BTFO.
>>
>>69831493
It's funny because a man could have done that. The fact that she's not a man plays no part in the killing of this faggot. It's like she made a conscious decision to drop a horrible pun before she killed him and he stood there and listened to it.
>>
Dumb ass ripoff of the no women born prophecy from Macbeth.
>>
File: 1394004160197.jpg (430 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1394004160197.jpg
430 KB, 2048x1536
Here's how it was presented in the book:

>Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!

A cold voice answered:
>Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.

A sword rang as it was drawn.
>Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.

>Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!

Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.

>But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

>>69831689
>pun
>>
>>69831493
So I guess the guy just passively sat there and waited for her to take off her mask and talk.
>>
File: Witch_King_1980.png (258 KB, 574x348) Image search: [Google]
Witch_King_1980.png
258 KB, 574x348
>>69831689
>The fact that she's not a man plays no part in the killing of this faggot

actually it plays every part.

In the original Book the Witch King shat his pants so hard at Eowyns mention of not being a man he actually dropped his spaghetti and lost because of that.

The Irony is that it was a devils promise since he himself proclaimed to the late king of gondor that no man could ever kill him.
>>
File: 1431896093271.png (131 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1431896093271.png
131 KB, 500x535
>>69831493

>mfw reading the trilogy and that shit actually WAS in the books

Well there had to be at least one blunder from Tolkien, I forgive him
>>
>>69832251
>that
>the biggest blunder of tolkien

you shouldn't read the Silmarillion then, it has Melkor falling unconscious because of an elven bitch's song and Sauron getting the knot from a very large dog.

All of his villains seem like Piñatas after reading it.
>>
>>69831493
Tolkien ripped basically this from Macbeth. What a hack.
>>
back when feminism in movies was bearable
>>
>>69832251

It's fantasy. Any unrealistic scenario can take place. Magic.
>>
>>69832251

Eh, it actually works better than Macbeth's twist. Eowyn was built up as wanting to fight from her introduction and her culture does have women warriors.

Macbeth's is actually kind of a weird technicality. Subverting "of woman born" by C-section doesn't make all of the sense. He still had a mother who carried him. The prophesy didn't specifically mention vaginal childbirth.

That said, one could interpret it to mean the Witches' prophesy wasn't magical at all. Macbeth only became king because he heard the prophesy in the first place and Lady Macbeth pushed him into it. And though Macduff defeats Macbeth in personal combat, he'd won the battle anyway - the castle was his. He could have just had all his men spear Macbeth if he wanted.
>>
ITT: Insecure men
>>
>>69832156
>>69832232

Oh well thanks for the tips, bros. It just didn't come across this way in the films at all. I don't really have the interest in this sort of fantasy to read the books.
>>
People will fall for the obvious bait post in this thread. You know the one I'm talking about.
>>
File: JpQmMFnmgcQl.jpg (58 KB, 594x439) Image search: [Google]
JpQmMFnmgcQl.jpg
58 KB, 594x439
>it's an /r9k/ episode
>>
>>69831753
>ripoff
It and the Ents were Tolkien's better answer.
>>
File: eowyn300.jpg (16 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
eowyn300.jpg
16 KB, 300x456
She was top tier waifu 2bh tho.
>>
>>69833294
>refuses her father's only wish
>refuses to look after the frightened women and children who need guidance
>does all this so she can selfishly put her life at risk for no real reason outside of "me wuntz 2 b big and tough woMAN"

This is literally the worst character out of the entire series. Fuck even Boromir didn't fuck up as badly as her. If she weren't a woman her goals and intentions would be seen as incredibly selfish, risky, and disrespectful towards her father. I don't hate this character for being a woman, I hate her because she gets away with being a cunt because she's a woman.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.