[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the hot turd that was "The Force Awakens", I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1-prequels.jpg (166 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
1-prequels.jpg
166 KB, 1417x700
After the hot turd that was "The Force Awakens", I think the Prequels deserve a long overdue apology. At least they were imaginative and opened up the Star Wars universe. TFA was a slog.
>>
Although flawed, the sequels have a charm TFA couldn't approach to save its life.
>>
>>69782534
>After the hot turd that was "The Force Awakens",
Yeah, so?
>I think the Prequels deserve a long overdue apology.
No.
>At least they were imaginative and opened up the Star Wars universe.
Yeah, sure, people will remember Dexter Jesster as imaginative and opening up the Star Wars universe.
>TFA was a slog.
So are the prequels too.
>>
>>69782534
"The Prequels" is too broad of an assumption.

I think George finally managed to do what he wanted to do (an epic galaxy-scale war and drama) in Episode III.

However, Episode II was plagued by literal Bad Romance, and Episode I was a Disney Star Wars flick before the actual Disney one (the only thing it lacked was the singing: otherwise, it had the teen protagonists, the silly adult figures, the little kid saving everyone in the end, the obligatory annoying joke character, silly animals).

Overall, I think the lumping of "prequels" hurts their case more than anything. They are three very different movies of different quality.
>>
>>69782748

kek. Stay mad Awakensfags.
You're obviously going through the 7 stages of grief.
>>
Good luck trying to tell that to this reddit infested board. The fact they liked this film is reason enough to never, ever, ever take their opinions too seriously
>>
File: 1463006138131.jpg (123 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1463006138131.jpg
123 KB, 720x720
Forgive us George.
>>
Yall need to rewatch the Plinket reviews if you are starting to like the prequels.
>>
The prequels were worse movies than The Force Awakens, and even if they weren't, one movie being worse doesn't mean they deserve an apology for being terrible.
>>
why didn't they call it star wars episode 4 beta2 a new hope again
>>
>>69783118
I hated TFA the first time I watched it.

I even hate RotJ.
>>
>>69782534

The prequels were shit. Stop being contrarian, you're not a special snowflake

/thread
>>
>>69782534
The prequels felt epic. TFA felt like a YA adaptation happening in one solar system.
>>
5>4>6>3>1=7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
>>
>>69786104
shit-tier list
>>
>>69786104
objective, non-contrarian, non meme ranking

5>4>7>6>>>>3>1>>>>>2
>>
>>69782534
>I think the Prequels deserve a long overdue apology.
No, and while we're on the subject the only really good Star Wars was New Hope.
>>
I liked TFA significantly more than any of the prequels. and I saw ROTJ at the theater at original release
>>
>>69787123
time to go bed, stepdaddy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.