[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
b v s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: U.png (201 KB, 975x947) Image search: [Google]
U.png
201 KB, 975x947
why do people claim to understand this film when they obviously don't?

it seems like the people who didn't understand things and argue that there are plot holes, can't pick up details that are explicitly shown or mentioned, and put 2 and 2 together.

i.e. the scene where bruce lands with his chopper, fighter jets are explicitly shown above heading towards metropolis across the bay, yet people can't interpret this scene and claim there's a plot hole because people in wayne towers didn't evacuate.

the reason they show the fighter jets coming in is to show that the fight hasn't started yet, when bruce sees the jets he figures that there's going to be a military attack in the city, so he rushes to warn his workers. the reason his workers didn't evacuate is because they don't know how to react to a huge spaceship that suddenly shows up from no where. wh en they see a building get blown up, they react accordingly, and start running, before the head guy can tell them to.

pic related shows an example of such people i'm talking about.
>>
next

somehow people can't interpret character motivations, even for batman whose motivations are talked about at length.

the reason bruce tries to kill superman is because he couldn't protect his "family" at wayne towers, and it makes him feel power less, and he directs that frustration towards superman, which is shown when he's looking up above watching superman and zod, 2 super powered beings fight, while he can only watch.

superman's power and the the attention he gets from the world makes bruce feel even more use less, that he's not making a difference as he mentions how "crimi nals are like weeds," and this causes him to go even further with his methods.

bruce only sees superman as a high powered being who doesn't have to handle the issues that common people have to. bruce projects himself onto superman, that he's only saving people to find meaning for his situation, like bruce with his parents.
>>
File: DCucks explained.png (51 KB, 1490x325) Image search: [Google]
DCucks explained.png
51 KB, 1490x325
>>69679400
>>69680645
>>
>>69681318
I'd rather be in denial about being a manchild than embrace it. The ones who embrace it are thirty year olds that have kids with their overweight girlfriends and buy toys that they want to play with themselves.
>>
>i'm more mature than people who drink coke because i drink pepsi
>>
>>69679400

>Lol the entire point is that Superman is just a MAN nit Jesus and people should stop expecting so much from him
>Fucking RESSURECTS after sacrificing himself for Lex Luthor's sins

Fuck off Snyder
>>
>>69681963
Incredibly pathetic.
It's better to not be a manchild you fucking fool
>>
>>69682072
Obviously, but all of us are manchildren. If we weren't, we would never even consider coming to this shithole at all, much less post in a thread like this.
>>
>>69679400
People were still in the building well after shit started. In MoS, Perry tells everybody to evacuate the Daily Planet right when the ship starts terraforming
>>
>>69681963
>Being hypocritical manchild is better than being plain manchild
>>
This damage control isn't even funny anymore
>>
>>69681318
>>69681963
>>69682010
nice try except I was trying to explain the basic plot not the symbolism or themes.

.MCUcks in charge of reeading.
>>
>>69679400
turning yourself in to save humanity
just like Jesus died for our sins

it's not rocket science
>>
The mods need to seriously start range banning these BvS threads.
>>
>>69679400
Sadly, because they're not as smart as they think they are. It's one of the toughest pills to swallow, and no one will accept this, even on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>69682346
>Ill fuck up /tv/ even more by making thread with image from archive and explain muh sophomore symbolism in muh favorite capeshit
Just fuck off already, DCuck

>>69682428
This
>>
>>69682058
that's not the point though, the point is to show how people see superman in the world and how his power affects them.
>>
>>69682621
We didn't care months ago, we don't care now.

BvS was at best an average capeflick, just fucking move on.
>>
>>69679400
New excuse I heard to discard all analysis done on MoS and BvS and to justify not getting it was that it was "too hyperbolic".
>>
>>69682554
no, what I'm complaining about is people not paying attention to details, and use their heads to put those pieces of info together. and made an example of how to piece those details together in a simple way.

Instead they blame the film, and point to plot holes as reasons why they didn't like the film, and make clowns of themselves.
>>
File: Essential_Fedoracore.jpg (382 KB, 766x1166) Image search: [Google]
Essential_Fedoracore.jpg
382 KB, 766x1166
>>69682804
BvS was as simple as Ant Man with its themes. There are little to no people who "didn't get it" because there is nothing complex to get. People didn't like it because it lacked entertainment and joy in a genre that is built on and for entertainment and joy.

Bet you actually think that fedoracore movies like BvS are also deep
>>
File: 14723472889993.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3182) Image search: [Google]
14723472889993.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3182
>>69682912
>BvS was as simple as Ant Man with its theme
Prove it
>>
>>69682963
Why?
That would imply we gave a shit about it.
>>
File: 147324738299938.jpg (1 MB, 1671x3879) Image search: [Google]
147324738299938.jpg
1 MB, 1671x3879
>>69682963
>>
>>69682912
I don't know what you're talking about. I complained that people criticized the film, because they couldn't follow plot points that are explicitly shown like bruce's chopper landing with fighter jet above him.
>>
File: 147234723742899273.jpg (100 KB, 726x650) Image search: [Google]
147234723742899273.jpg
100 KB, 726x650
>>69679400
>>
File: Ant Man.jpg (107 KB, 600x882) Image search: [Google]
Ant Man.jpg
107 KB, 600x882
>>69682963
Ant Man's shapeshifting powers are based on Nietzsche's concept of Eternal Return and represent tidal waves and unexpected turns of life that each individual has to through. Hank Pym, the fiercome individualist and Übermensch is passing the mantle of the Ant Man, an individual who is controlling ants (masses) to an upcoming Übermensch played by Paul Rudd. Daring, never attempted before synthesis of two, often considered disjointed concepts of German philosopher in a cinematic extravaganza put Marvel's Ant Man at the pedestal of kino.
>>
>>69683022
And still here you are
>>
>>69680645

> the reason bruce tries to kill superman

You can also argue that he is way more dark (i don't know if the batman never killed is a meme or canon) but you can see him killing people, marking them wih red iron

Like an other anon said the first scene where he is lifted by bat toward the light in contrast with the next where he is little and grounded watching gods fight

Alfred allright state once that he is jalous of superman power and afraid

The destroyed castle, the profanated bat suite (by the jokers) also convey towards an Old batman washed up by years of fighting crime

Meanwhile people had no problem believing the crazy shit they did in civil war to justify two mary sue hero fighting each other.

It's actually pretty crazy. Today on reddit someone was litteraly complaining about the use of "martha" by superman and not "mother" like it kept him from enjoying himself

Seriously that kind of shit is the basis of cinema and a lot of more shit are thrown around in marvel movie yet they never even remark it
>>
>>69683227
Go on.
>>
>>69682912

> entertainment and joy.

> le ebin memester iron man

The word you're looking for is breads and game

BvS was beyong breads and game and for that I respected it.

Zero respect for the like of garduian of galaxy, avenger, deadpool ect ect
>>
>>69683227
funny, I thot ant man's powers are based on Honey I Shrun k The Kids.
>>
>>69683227
>tfw now I get why Ant Man provoked such a strong emotional reaction in me
>>
>>69683379
Why? You didn't know that Hank's daughter name, Hope, represents not just hope, but actual hope for humanity? Her eloping with Paul Rudd's character was essentially Ant Man taking control of the "Wasp" (feminine collectivism), the Übermensch taking control of femininity and therefore restoring hope for humanity. Truly grandiose. For a person who spends time searching for hidden meanings in comic book movies you could've done it yourself.
>>
>>69683388

Reread >>69681318 again
>>
>>69681963
Maybe you should stop being a manchild altogether
>>
>>69683304
OP here, I'm not too into the symbolism, though it's nice that it's there to reinforce my interpretations.

batman of course is super cynical in this film, that is the intention, what i also picked up on that gets no mention is his obsession with battling superman to prove himself also made him some what paranoid, see the 1% line.

what i interpreted is when he heard his mum's name, he took it as a sign because he was trying to find meaning for himself, as his batman gig lead him no where, this also relates to him being paranoid, which you can see when he pulls back the lance and looks around, and asks "what does that mean?" while looking away from superman.
>>
>>69683405
And I thought that Batman is a rehash of a Zorro made in 40's to sell comic books for children. But then again, after insightful analysis by DC friends and Marvel friends I actually think that comic books are true art and kino!
>>
>>69682621
No one gives a shit. Start analysing a good film for a change
>>
>>69682804
No one gives a shit about BvS. Move on
>>
File: 1406771515131[1].jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1406771515131[1].jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>>69681318
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/DCucks%20explained.png/

>He posted that 7 times in less than 24 hours
>He'll claim he's not assravaged
>>
>>69683884
>Only one person has this image
Wew. Resorting to the archives is a non argument anyway. You seem a little ass ravaged yourself
>>
File: Pete.jpg (44 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
Pete.jpg
44 KB, 560x375
>>69683884
>Implying that anything written there is somehow incorrect
>Implying it didn't receive all those sweet (You)'s from the anally destroyed DCucks
>Implying it didn't receive one from you just now
>>
>>69683227
Also Hank carrying a miniature tank is a homage to the Anvil Hoarder (1930)
>>
>>69683646
to add on this, batman's intention in fighting superman is not to only to kill him, he knows he's much more likely to get kill by superman, than the other way around, but he felt going up against superman was the only road he had left to redeem himself in front of those workers at wayne tower he couldn't protect, because of how power less he was. this also relates to 9 11 in the sentiment that there was no way he was going to let something happen again which is why he took to extremes of trying to kill superman.

when he heard his his mum's name his attention shifted from trying to kill superman, to despera tely trying to get an answer to see if it was some kind of sign. he was more interested in finding meaning than trying to kill superman.
>>
One friend that is obsessed with Transformers rants about bow much he hates this movie. Other friend joins in saying the movie was terrible because she it wasnt a good movie for her 6 year old. I am seeing a pattern.
>>
>>69683703
I'm not analyzing the film, I'm analyzing the criticisms people had for why it sucked, and how it's more of their own lac of ability to catch explicitly shown details and interpret them. I'm not saying it's deep I'm saying people couldn't follow the basic plot cause they can't even piece simple details together, where you only have to do basic 1 to 1 interpretation..
>>
>>69684717
Lot of words just to make ad hominem attacks on people that didn't like your kids movie. There's plenty that I don't understand about BvS, but it ain't the symbolism and it ain't the shittily executed plot, I don't understand how and why the fuck they thought that this was the best way to tell a batman versus superman story. I don't understand why they turned the übermensch into an aloof alien that everyone thinks is a god. I don't understand why they thought the best thing to do with lex Luthor is turn him into mark zuckerberg aping ledger joker. I don't understand why filling a comic book movie with Renaissance religious imagery makes it good. I don't understand why the Lois lane bullet investigation made the final cut. I don't understand why crucial plot exposition didn't.
>>
>>69679400
The movie was shit, trying to explain won't stop it from being shit
>>
File: 147214723848299.jpg (94 KB, 573x493) Image search: [Google]
147214723848299.jpg
94 KB, 573x493
>>69683982
>>69684012
confirmed
>>
>>69682058
I love it when plebs try to analyze high art. They fail miserably
>>
>>69679400
Could someone explain to me why there's this guy spamming threads and spamming the same posts and pics about how BvS isn't warm garbage?
Seriously, seeing capeshitters trying to analyze a fucking capeshit flick for a higher meaning is cringeworthy at best.
The movie is a failure and got the treatment all capeshit deserves.
>>
>>69689007
>this neckbeard running around /tv/ desperately to see if there's anyone as autistic as him
Quite pathetic Tbh.
>>
File: The Cuckmaster.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1997) Image search: [Google]
The Cuckmaster.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1997
Stop grasping at straws and claiming this man is some kind of misunderstood genius. He's a teenager trapped in the body of a middle-aged man.

>You could call it “high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into “normal” comic books, but I was all like, “No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, “This is more my scene.”

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. “Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, “No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

When he shows Superman's head next to Jesus's head in profile, that's all it is. He's not capable of the kind of subtlety you're giving him credit for. He once tried his hand at actually writing a film, and it was Sucker Punch. That's how his brain works.
>>
>>69683619

No thanks I was there yesterday when this stupid message was capped so I already know this retard

> BvS objectly worse than any marvel movie

kek'd

And no but your stupid argument that you screencapped yourself doesn't works on me, i'm not even american I could care less about Comics and especially war betweens comics.

I grew up on X-men didn't even like batman the cartoon. I saw the first spiderman trilogy when I was just a teen

There is no fucking war between comics except between retarded manchildren like yourself
>>
>>69690199
>And no but your stupid argument that you screencapped yourself doesn't works on me
It clearly did trigger you, otherwise you would not be responding to it. Also:

>shifting goalposts
>>
>>69679400
>why do people claim to understand this film when they obviously don't?
Because that's what plebs do
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.