[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all travellers and hostelgoers: How old were you when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5.jpg (94 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
94 KB, 800x532
To all travellers and hostelgoers: How old were you when you started traveling & staying in hostels? How old are you now, and do you still travel? How old would you consider " too old" to stay in a youth / party focused hostel?
>>
first time i stayed in a hostel o was 17. hated it, 18 years later still haven't stayed in another one.

it wasn't the hostel's fault, or the people that were there-they were nice enough and it was a very nice, clean hostel in inverness, i just despise sharing my space with strangers.

but to each there own. :)
>>
>>1115999
Started traveling alone once I was 14 (drove with a few friends all across switzerland from Zurich to Locarno on our Mopeds (those fucking things with 49CCM and can't officially go faster than 30 KPH well before a nice tuning)
Firs time in a Hostel was with 15 in London (that was the first time I got blackout drunk in my life)

Today I'm 32, still traveling around the world (greetings from Cusco) when ever I can and stay where ever I end up.
I enjoy to stay in a party hostels, camping or getting pampered in 5* Hotel as I can afford it.

I'm probably too old for party hostels, but I don't give a fuck I love to party so I stay there.
>>
I started travelling at a young age, but with family and going to theme park and all around California and sometimes out of state. I started my real, travel adventure and stayed at hostels until I turned 19.

I am 20 and I am at the right age range to continue to stay in hostels. I just prefer them over hotels. Even if I had money to spend a few nights, I will always opt for the hostel since the experience of meeting new people in dorms and bars is something you can't get in a hotel.
>>
>>1115999
Started travelling somewhat later due to financial and other reasons - at 26. Now closing in on 30.

Felt borderline old in certain party hostels. Still feeling young in other hostels - much depends on the destination. For example, even at 26 I was clearly older than average in an Australian party hostel, whereas I felt young to average in Romania and Georgia at 28. The more perceived barriers, the older the visitors.
>>
>>1115999
Travelled Europe for 2 months when I was 34. Didn't feel out of place at all. I look a fair bit younger than I am though.
>>
>>1115999
I was 19, oldest I was was 25

I'd say 30 is the absolute cutoff
>>
>>1115999
Started at 22 im 27 now. Yes I do still travel and you stop visiting those hostels whenever you feel like you don't enjoy the ambiance anymore.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.