[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i think i kinda wanna make this road trip (solo i guess) in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
so i think i kinda wanna make this road trip (solo i guess) in the next few weeks.

google says its a 30hr drive, but im only 12hr from denver so i think i might try to stop there too (if i follow through with this which is the point of this thread) but is there another cool spot between denver and oregon that i could/should stop at as well?

this is all something im kinda just coming up with as i go but im thinking;

drive to denver
stay the night
hang out there for a day
head out
stop at second town, hang out there a day
head to oregon
stay there a couple days, maybe head up to washington
head back? maybe swing south and try to hit the grand canyon on the way back? ive never been there before.

anyways, thoughts? tips?
>>
File: lpp and whitney.jpg (4 MB, 3679x2445) Image search: [Google]
lpp and whitney.jpg
4 MB, 3679x2445
time budget? money budget?

denver's cool. great food.

not sure what you're into, but from an /out/ perspective: yellowstone>salt lake city. coming home i'd jam south down i5 out of portland, maybe hit crater lake if time for the detour, swing west from sacramento to san francisco then take 120 east through tuolumne (hit yosemite valley while in the area) to 395 south through the owens valley to i40 east. stop at grand canyon for sure.
>>
>>1114739
boise is pretty fun
park city, ut is great too and you can check out the nature if you have time
>>
>>1114744

havent calculated money yet but ill be keeping it pretty tight.
and i dont work so i can have as much or as little time as i need. and ive got a high school friend that lives in denver so i imagine i can stay there while im in town and then the rest of the places ill either camp or airbnb i assume. im new to camping so i dunno how well that would go.

that sounds like a great route back though, im gonna map it out and see what the time difference would be.

>>1114772
whats fun about boise?

and to both of you, music is really what im into but i want to try and get as much nature stuff in as possible on this one.
>>
File: ss-cathedral-peak.jpg (242 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
ss-cathedral-peak.jpg
242 KB, 1050x700
>>1114812
if you'll be car camping at parks it's super easy:
>$30 walmart tent (2 person-you'll appreciate the extra room)
>$30 walmart sleeping bag
>a thrift store camping mat or a couple yoga mats

the campsites will all have a nice place to park, a flat spot to set up your tent, a fire pit to grill some sausages or whatever on, a picnic table, and (where needed) bear boxes to stash your food while you sleep and hike.

biggest problem will be getting a spot. guaranteed yosemite valley is already booked. may still be able to find a spot in tuolumne. otherwise you'll need to look at state parks or private camps in the area. probably the same for other major parks (grand canyon, yellowstone). everything will need to be reserved in advance though, so plan accordingly. don't expect to be able to show up and find a spot.
>>
>>1114857

holy shit youre right about everything being booked. i saw that death valley park looks pretty close to yosemite though. i drove through death valley around new years this year and we passed through at night and it was one of the most beautiful skies ive ever seen so i might try that instead.
keep these suggestions coming yall i appreciate the help so far.
>>
>>1114869
>death valley park looks pretty close to yosemite though

not really. ~8 hours. also, see pic related

>inb4 texan used to the heat

i lived in texas for 3 years. i know how much time ya'll spend hopping from ac to ac. not gonna find much of that in death valley
>>
File: dv july.jpg (248 KB, 819x909) Image search: [Google]
dv july.jpg
248 KB, 819x909
>>1114894
forgot pic
>>
>>1114812
http://egyptiantheatre.net/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.