[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 662x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 662x491
>resisting the urge to kerbstomp that one guy snoring in your dorm
>>
File: cobainsmug.jpg (3 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
cobainsmug.jpg
3 KB, 120x125
>>967773
>I am that guy

Your fault for not wearing earplugs. Believe it or not, people don't snore on purpose. It's to be expected while sleeping near mulitple people you don't know.
>>
I've actually had campus security knock on my door because someone called them due to my snoring. Or maybe I was screaming in my sleep or something. The people that knocked didn't seem to sure of what to expect. Then laughed when they'd realised they had woken me up.
>>
File: 1302387892064.jpg (44 KB, 450x533) Image search: [Google]
1302387892064.jpg
44 KB, 450x533
>The flight from the hub airport to your home town, the one you just missed, is the last one of the day...
>>
>Arriving in the middle of the night/morning at the airport and travelling back home.

I dunno, the moment I step back in my house feels kind of good.
>>
File: 1423950322560.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423950322560.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>tfw grew up with a loud snorer in my household to the point it's only a background noise

I've had so many loud snorers in dorms and even as a roommate for three months and it never bothered me
>>
>>967776
I've been in a room with people who snore so loudly not even earplugs will help.

>Going to a local attraction on the only day possible for you to find out it's closed
>>
>>967816
That doesn't make any sense. They might not completely block out the noise but they will definitely help to some degree.
>>
The worst travel feels for me always set in a week or two after I return home:

> tfw the novelty of being with your friends again has worn off
> you're back in the same shitty routine you just had so much fun being away from
> all of your new friends are on the other side of the world
> there's nothing you want more than to book a new plane ticket to a destination, be it somewhere you've been or somewhere you'd still like to go

> tfw can't hitchhike in the US
> tfw no more momos and Indian street food
> tfw no more cool Serbian clubs to go to
> tfw no more drinking at German universities
> tfw you'd run through the university library you're typing this in naked for the chance to get teleported somewhere different
>>
>>967822
> tfw you'd run through the university library you're typing this in naked for the chance to get teleported somewhere different

I have £2000 and a camera. Entertain me.
>>
File: 1425326994047.png (122 KB, 452x391) Image search: [Google]
1425326994047.png
122 KB, 452x391
>>967808
>tfw
>>
Im deaf on one ear and as soon as i lay on the side of the good ear i can sleep like a baby with all the noise around me.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 441x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 441x333
>navigating a massive train station to transfer for the last train leaving two minutes after you arrive
>>
>>967776
>>967821

>>967816
This. Even with earplugs I was still awake at 2:30 to start this thread
>>
>>967822
Why can't you hitchhike in the usa
>>
File: 1319593027134.png (111 KB, 508x548) Image search: [Google]
1319593027134.png
111 KB, 508x548
>tfw chilling on some form of transport, silently contemplating the awesome things you did and saw previously, acknowledging the endless possibilities that await in the next destination, and taking in the exotic landscape outside the window.
>>
>feeling like total shit after coming out of the plane
>>
>>967983
Well unfortunately that's the risk of staying in large dorm rooms. You either have to stump up for something a bit more private or simply learn to DWI. I wear a nose clip out of consideration for other people when I'm in a hostel but just like the earplugs, sometimes they just don't make an awful lot of difference.
>>
>>968034
Or,
>>tfw chilling on some form of transport, silently contemplating the awesome things you did and saw previously, knowing in 12 hours you'll be back home and in the 9-5 gig again
>>
Anyone else get completely spastic legs when trying to sleep on planes?

Fuckers just start wiggin' out when im trying to sleep

>once got upgraded to first class because of a cancellation on a 14 hour flight

absolute bliss
>>
>>967808
>that great feeling of coming back home like a conqueror, seeing everybody again... which lasts three fucking days and then you wanna hang yourself out of boredom
>>
If you're fat and you sleep on your back you're a cunt.

Sleep in the recovery position and you won't snore. Sure you might roll over but if you're a problem sleep with your back against the wall.
>>
>>968136
Implying a dedicated snorer cannot snore in your sill Recovery Position.

Implying I give a rat's ass about conventions for greentexting implications.
>>
As someone who snores fairly often and occasionally stays in hostels, I hate hate HATE the idea of me keeping people awake at night. I try to stay in private rooms or hotels as often as I can but most of the time I simply cannot afford it. I try to avoid some of the things that make me snore such as not getting drunk and sleeping on my side but sometimes it just happens.

But I'm not going to not travel just because it annoys people. If that makes me a cunt or an arsehole (which it probably does) then I'll just have to deal with it. Just like >>968136 will have to deal with my snoring if he ever end up in the same room as me. lol.
>>
>tfw flying and having horrific visions of death for 10 straight hours.
>>
>>968171
this so fucking much. The anxiety is always so bad that I can never sleep, not even after two fucking sleeping pills and two glasses of wine. Got another 10 hour flight coming up this year, at which point I am hopefully going to be awake for 30+ hours so maybe I might be able to fall asleep this time
>>
>>967773
put in some ear plugs you fucking faggot
>>
>>968171

What's strange to me is that I've always - ALWAYS - been afraid of having a suicidal pilot intentionally crash a flight. The whole Germanwings scenario didn't even come as much of a shock to me, because that's my fear nearly every time I get onto an airplane.

>>968001

It's just not considered as acceptable or normal here, even if you're a young person trying to have an adventure. People think of hitchhikers as marauding psychopaths, escaped convicts, and bums. It doesn't help that I've only seen a handful of hitchhikers in the last ten years, and all of them have had the "I don't have a job and will probably kill you and steal your car" look, either.
>>
>>967773
I don't mind snoring but at one hostel we stayed at, there was this really big guy and he'd snore so loud it sounded like he was dying. It was loud enough that you could no longer hear the traffic outside, it even blotted out the snoring of others. I realise he couldn't help it but fuck me, I was using attenuating ear plugs (if I remember, they're -20db) and I could still hear him.
>>
>tfw can't sleep on planes

Tell me lucky people, whats it like to not have to find something to do to fill every hour of a flight?
>>
>>968116
>Anyone else get completely spastic legs when trying to sleep on planes?

Yeah, I have a knee injury from skiing. It gives me trouble when I have to sleep with it bent for a long time. Means I can't really curl up in a small bed or airplane seat or sleeper bus. Doesn't help that I'm >6'

>968171
>tfw flying and having calming visions of escaping life for 10 straight hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR91Rj1ZN1M
>>
>tfw being 50 and haven't travelled anywhere.
>>
>>968363
I slept on a flight once. I regretted it. Flying over nothing notable can be boring, but missing it is sad.
>>
>poor people touching you and trying to sell you things
>>
>>968363
For long-haul flights I fly business class, get loaded on booze, and then sleep on the comfy flat bed seat.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.