[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lotto winner here looking to retire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: lotto winner.jpg (65 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
lotto winner.jpg
65 KB, 700x525
First time poster, looking for any advise where to move, that I can live on US $500 a week, without needing a job and is easy for an American to live without running afoul of the law. Also not married and no kids, mid 40 WM, Thanks.
>>
>>954159
Are you handsome?
>>
>>954159
Continually invest and compound the $500/week and continue working.
>>
OP here.
I'm better than average in the looks and body. 5'10" 200lbs Told I look similar to Russel Crow.
>>
>>954171
I'm doing that now, but need to get away and disappear from my current life.
>>
>>954159
Almost anywhere.
>>
Assuming it's not taxted, probably Florida or some bumfuck state in the midwest, Arizona too probably
>>
>>954159
You can live easily on that in the us but if you want to live in another country try something like argentina where the cost of living is low except for rent which is expensive but you could easily aford it and everything else you need on 500 à week. Do you want your money to go far or do you just want to live somwhere interesting. I would defintly live outside the us becuase fuck retireing here but you dont have to
>>
>>954174
fuck. SWF here but also 200lbs
>>
>>954196
How do women let this happen?
>>
>>954159
Since you're American---continue work (not necessarily in the US) so you can afford proper treatment the day you get cancer or something. Or go back to school and study something you truly enjoy. Retiring at this point is usually a bad idea according to studies.
>>
>>954197
How do men? Misogynist
>>
>>954216
http://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/obesity_text/en/
>In all WHO regions women were more likely to be obese than men. In the WHO regions for Africa, Eastern Mediterranean and South East Asia, women had roughly double the obesity prevalence of men.

Facts are misogynistic. Who knew?
>>
>>954218
>Facts are misogynistic. Who knew?
One can't claim to retroactively troll, hence me calling myself an misandrist in the post to which you respond.

>lighten up, Francis
>>
>>954198
OP here, Would still work, but not in the corporate sector. Looking towards maybe a SE Asian country or even Ecuador area, Hell just moving yo Colorado to enjoy my youth is better than my current situation... Just wondering if an anon have a place they would move to if money wasn't much of a problem. Greece? Italy? Australia? Someplace clean and easy to assimilate into the culture.
>>
>>954196
OP here,
I've dated a 200Lbs woman before, are you 6' 4" cause she was toned and great in bed, I was too short for her so "we" broke up.
>>
File: ck5oplF.jpg (97 KB, 915x678) Image search: [Google]
ck5oplF.jpg
97 KB, 915x678
>>954225 tfw manlet
>>
I remember when this used to be a travel board...
>>
>>954234
I was the king of her world until I moved away.
>>
>>954225
How much did you win OP?
>>
>>954235
Not OP but there are 150 active threads in /trv/ right now where the vast majority if not all seem to be about travel. Including this one.
>>
>>954242
$500 a week for the rest of my life.
>>
So, no one has recommended places to move to?

What would you do if you had $2000 a month to live on?
>>
>>954159
I guess this website is perfect for you. https://nomadlist.com/ An approximation of the cost for living AND internet speed! And another site to find out cost of living. http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
Cities I would suggest are Munich, Barcelona, Krakow or Budapest.
>>
>>954254
Thanks Anon
>>
>>954253
I would move to Cape Cod
>>
>>954245
You need to shut the fuck up you whiney twat
>>
>>954223
Easiest SEA to secure extended residency in, more or less legally, is Cambodia, where you can secure a business visa on flimsy pretexts that can be renewed more or less forever, at least for now. You will never integrate or blend in (there or anywhere in SEA), but Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and the beach town of Sihanoukville all have sizeable expat communities. PP's is deranged alcoholics, sexpats, and NGO types, Siem Reap's is a bit more entrepreneurial (but still largely drunks). You could live there comfortably but not extravagantly for $500/week. Thailand, Philippines, and Malaysia all have retirement visa programs, but there are age and income requirements you likely don't meet. Of these, I think the Philippines may be the most lenient; there's also a lot of English spoken, there as in Malaysia, so it's easy to get around without local languages (especially in Malaysia, where English is the main language used by the various ethnic groups to talk to one another, despite the govt's efforts to promote Malay).
>>
>>954268
Good info, Thanks. Looking at Penang or Phuket as the most desirable SEA places.

Would like South America, but no Spanish/ Portergese speaking skills to use. Sad
>>
>>954270
You probably can't stay in Phuket for more than 6 mo/year--you have to be 60 to get a Thai retirement visa. But you could bounce back and forth between there and Cambodia easily enough. Quality of English in Thailand is generally poor, though.
>>
>>954223

Friendly advice: don't go to Italy if you plan on working there...we have the highest taxation worldwide: 51% of your salary goes in taxes.

I'd suggest you move to Czech Republic, as it has all the criteria you're looking for.
>>
>>954264 but he's not the one who was whining
>>
OP you can live anywhere in the world for $500 a week. You just have to decide what is the minimum standard of living you're willing to accept and what kind of place you want to live in (climate, culture, language, city vs. rural etc). I would highly recommend travelling for a while and spending time in the places that interest you before you "settle".
>>
Thailand.

Also sleep on a bed composed 10 protitutes bent over like dogs for your amusement every night.
>>
>>954345
Have you ever been to Thailand? It's affordable, but it's not THAT cheap. With an income of $500/week OP will be bringing in more than most locals, but he's not going to be rich, and certainly not ten-hookers-a-night rich. $24,000/year is about what he'd make as a very successful English teacher. Unless he's pulling the most desperate of freelance streetwalkers, ten girls long time would be much more than $500/night.
>>
>>954354
Oh, also, visas, duh. As noted above, OP isn't eligible to live in Thailand for longer than six months.
>>
Holy shit, 500/week is the ideal perma-travel budget. You can go literally anywhere, only go home to the states to get new visas/rest from travelling for a bit.

I mean sure, one day you're going to get a chronic disease and all of your money for the rest of your life is going to go to treatment, but hey, use it while ya got it.
>>
File: dominican-republic-2065[1].jpg (48 KB, 753x336) Image search: [Google]
dominican-republic-2065[1].jpg
48 KB, 753x336
You can rent a place in Dominican Republic for 2-300 a month. There are a lot of gringos down there.
>>
>>954285
Pfffts. Swede here. Get on my level bro.
>>
>>954159
500us$ is good. I live in Sydney Australia at the moment and spend 200 au$ a week. I live as a backpacker as week just tying to save op money, but for 500 you can live well. 200-300 rent, then rest for lulz. Plus if you wanna work just a bit you are sweet as brother
>>
>>954253
I would be really sad with the pay cut
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.