[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Southern Portugal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: turiscampo-luz-lagos-12.jpg (73 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
turiscampo-luz-lagos-12.jpg
73 KB, 600x400
Hey guys,

I'm going to Portugal in June, we will stay in the Luz area. I've already been to Portugal twice, but I never asked anyone about sightseeing. So here's my chance. What do you guys think would be worth seeing? I don't want to lie on the beach for a whole week. Thanks!
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>1108380
Portugal is a fantastic place to spend a week but get the fuck away from the beaches full of package holiday English chavs and go north. There's lots to see and do in Lisbon; it's the most enjoyable city in Europe I have visited just to walk around in. Porto is very good too with a really nice music scene and great bars. If you are interested in history and culture you can spend a day in Guimaraes or Braga, too, and there is nice countryside and wine regions in the north, too. My favourite place in Portugal though is the town of Tomar. It's about 90 minutes north on the bus from Lisbon and it has an old crusader castle that was subsequently built on for centuries. It's a beautiful city for a day trip.
>>
>>1109658
Not the OP but I'm planning on studying in Portugual for a semester. Should I pick Lisbon or Porto? I heard that Lisbon is pretty expensive and I would like to travel through Europe, but then again I'm worried that I would have a much better time in Lisbon than in Porto because there are more people and more things to see and do.
>>
>>1110162
Definitely Lisbon
>>
>>1108380
Go to Sagres and check out the sunset at the lighthouse they have there.

Go Dolphin spotting. There is a great restaurant I can recommend on a cliff that does great seafood and its not expensive.

My parents have an apartment in Luz so I have been there a bit.
>>
>>1110337
Drink port wine. Its so cheap and so good in Portugal.
>>
Any cool places around the beja area? Going there in july
>>
>>1108380

In the Algarve region I've visited:

Sagres (Fortaleza Sagres)
Pretty quiet town and a great forst. Amazing views over the cliffs. Also drive to the Cabo de st. Vincente lighthouse.

Lagos
Cool but touristy town. Great dolphin watching trips, amazing to see them in the wild. Generally relaxed. good food.

Praia da Rocha / Praia do Vau / Portimao
Good beaches. From Portimao the Santa Bernarda boat trip is really fun. Full day including swimming, sailing and a barbecue on the beach.

Pont da Piedade
Amazing cliffs.

Silvas
Nice small town with an old Moor fortress

Montechique
Authentic little mountain town. Cool drive up there too.
>>
Im heading there too on 3rd june to the 18th june, im wondering the same stuff myself! :)
>>
i also would love to get there as early as July this summer, i would want to surf and work in a hostel if possible.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.