[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do people afford to travel? I'm a college student and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1403620882833.jpg (150 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
1403620882833.jpg
150 KB, 500x748
how do people afford to travel? I'm a college student and would like to but it seems impossible to get the money.

The study abroad program at my college cost 6thousand dollars for a morocco. THAT'S AS MUCH AS MY TUITION !

also how do I figure out how much my trip would cost without consulting a trip advisor.
>>
>>1092887
Because it never costs as much as travel bureaus and exchange programmes would make you believe. You're adding yet another middleman trying to make a big buck to the equation and the itinerary he offers never goes for the cheapest options. Trips to exotic countries are especially bad since people just assume they must cost a fortune, which isn't true since a dollar goes a loooong way in a lot of them.
Plan this shit out on your own, hunt for cheap flights, book hostel beds yourself and suddenly it's a third of the price.
>>
>>1092894
sentiments of a college reject and real traveler
>>
>>1092887
This is at least the 3rd thread asking how we afford traveling that's still up on /trv/. It's a slow board, please look at other threads before posting your own questions.

The people here are most likely somewhat older than the average channer, work, save up, and use their saved money to travel. Others are really into this hobby and manage to do it on the cheap, there are certain ways to travel cheap, the main costs are transport, food and shelter and almost all 3 can be free if you want to go that route. Although it might not be comfortable.

Study abroad programs usually are not very cost efficient. It's a great opportunity to study in another culture for a short while but if you can't afford it I say wait until you're done with school. The less debt you have after you leave the better. One of the rules most people here have a strong view about is not to get into debt for travel, save first then travel.

>also how do I figure out how much my trip would cost without consulting a trip advisor.

Which trip? the study abroad one or another one?
>>
>>1092887
anon i know the feel
sometimes i wish i had done study abroad in college, so i could spend a good long time abroad, acting under the guise of adulthood, meanwhile still being very much in the security net of university. but yes the price tag for study abroad programs IS ridiculous. probably because of the liability

you can get way better bang for your buck on your own
>>
>>1092887
i went on an exchange program in germany and my uni was paying me to do this. With the money they game i rented a room in a student residence and i had 100 euros left at the end of each month. i stayed there for 5 months. Fuck your college op
>>
File: miniature-violin.jpg (46 KB, 578x482) Image search: [Google]
miniature-violin.jpg
46 KB, 578x482
>THAT'S AS MUCH AS MY TUITION !
Pic related.
So assuming you're a britbong, you have access to Ryanair so you have nothing to complain about. Gatwick to Marrakech for like 60 quid each way.
>>
File: wonderful.gif (1001 KB, 484x270) Image search: [Google]
wonderful.gif
1001 KB, 484x270
>>1093000
>the bank
>real estate
>kike professor
Check your stereotypes m8. If what you are saying is true you literally work for Jew bankers who most likely didn't drop out of high school and are actually rich unlike you...
>>
>>1093010
You cant save it now by same fagging. You have already showed your ass. Keep hustling up money for your jew banker overlords you are no better than a college student.
>>
>>1092887
I live with my parents so I don't pay rent and I make $50k a year. Worth it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.