[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Orleans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: NewOrleans.jpg (835 KB, 1760x1168) Image search: [Google]
NewOrleans.jpg
835 KB, 1760x1168
Hey /trv/ planning to drive from Connecticut to New Orleans this May. We may end up stopping briefly in Washington D.C on the way down as well, but New Orleans is our main destination. Any recommendations for stops on the way? And what are things to do and avoid doing in New Orleans? Also, is it feasible to camp out somewhere, campgrounds etc. instead of renting a room? Thanks.
>>
Stop in Charleston and Savannah on the way there.

>And what are things to do and avoid doing in New Orleans?
I dunno, what are your interests? What I may find fun and what you find fun may be two different things. As for shit to avoid, stay in the CBD, FQ, Marigny, Treme, and the Garden District. The area around the huge park in mid-city (or is it uptown?) isn't that sketchy and is okay.

As for campgrounds, there are a few national parks nearby, don't know the rules for those though.
>>
>>1091367
depending on which route you take, you could stop in atlanta and see the coke factory and an awesome aquarium, the dixie stampede in pigeon forge, tn, obviously the smithsonian in DC is the best side trip, but other than that id probably advise you to vacate the south asap

new orleans is fucking great tho. but you end up eating a lot.
-beignets at cafe du monde (bring back chickory coffee, beignet mix, and a cute coffee mug)
-muffulettas at central grocery (bring back some olive salad)
-oysters Rockefeller at antoines (bring a nice dinner jacket, this place is serious business.. worth it)
-jazz everywhere, but especially Preservation Hall and the street band Tuba Skinny (look them up and DO NOT MISS THEM.)
-awesome poboys everywhere
-gumbo at the old coffee pot restuarant
-dooky chase's my god dooky chase's
-maybe look for an artist named Nancy Jo in Jackson square, she does beautiful pastel portraits, awesome way to spend the day, hanging out in jackson square, getting a portrait done (rare opportunity) talking to a very interesting lady. ask the other street people, she only drives down certain days bc she doesnt live in Nola.

i dont know about camping but if you want to spend a little time in a nice place i can recommend Lafitte Guest House.
>>
File: x0w5LyG.jpg (118 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
x0w5LyG.jpg
118 KB, 612x612
>>1091367
Im going to new orleans next week are their any places where I can find a qts to hang out with?
>>
>>1091715
>cafe du monde
>muffulettas
>jazz
This guy gets it. Lots to do in the French Quarter. Also, stay off Bourbon Street as much as you can. Unless you're into that sort of thing. In which case, go for it, whatever you like. Enjoy yourself man.
>>
>>1091367
Bump
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.