[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i feel that i am better than the people im around because they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Europe Pictures 91615 1191.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
Europe Pictures 91615 1191.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
i feel that i am better than the people im around because they've only ever been to one town in their whole life and ive seen the entire country, been to almost every state in united states, Hawaii twice. i was born in Illinois and live in Virginia. i am not sure where I want to live. Germany would be my top pick but in the us probably Florida. driven across the country multiple times and seen all the landmarks, flew to Ireland and then France and drove through France Belgium Netherlands Germany Austria Czech rep Italy and England. where have you been anons? btw my first post on this board. i come from /o/. my one favorite thing about going to other countries is the different car cultures and what type of cars car enthusiasts enjoy around Europe. pic related one of my favorite places normandy beach where 10000 soldiers came to liberate france on june 6 1944
>>
>>1087405
if you're gonna jerk yourself off, do it in the bathroom
>>
File: No Replacement for Displacement.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
No Replacement for Displacement.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>1087405
>i come from /o/
>>
>>1087405
i would list the countries ive been to but that would be egotistical. needless to say im often referred to as well traveled, even in hostels that are located in the obscurest countries. i love food and i always find it cute when my friends who might have left their home country once in their life talk about things like tacos. tacos? well i just share my story of the most delicious mexican tacos i had in MEXICO with MEXICANS. then i go on about the hookahs in dubai, the tea in china, and the night life in london. i know they wont grasp or follow, or even appreciate most of what im talking about. thats why i come to /trv/.
>>
File: narcissus.jpg (77 KB, 660x800) Image search: [Google]
narcissus.jpg
77 KB, 660x800
>>1087405
>>
File: 1428617590422.jpg (5 KB, 215x238) Image search: [Google]
1428617590422.jpg
5 KB, 215x238
>>1087405

The autism levels in this post are astronomical. Also, use fucking capitals at the beginning of your sentences you mega fucking Faggatron.
>>
>>1087405

Well I'll contribute to this circle jerk since I'm a fellow /tr/o/v/eller (own C6 Vette and B7 S4). My very first trip by myself out of the country was to the ring. I'd been autocrossing a couple times with my dad, could barely drive stick, and figured go big or go home. So I studied some German phrases (turned out to be unnecessary), flew to Munich, rented a piece of shit 5 speed Nissan, drove/stalled it the 400 miles up the autobahn to Nurburg, rented a Renault Clio Cup (amazing car btw, love French cars that we don't get back home), and did 6 laps in the rain. Then I drove back, weather and traffic made me completely miss my timetable, had to sleep in the Munich airport before touring the Audi plant in Ingolstadt and BMW in Munich then hitting up the Oktoberfest.
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85 KB, 270x187
>>1087416
>friends
>>
As much as this is obvious bait, there's loads of people proudly showing pics in random famous cities, as if it's some great accomplishment that they booked a flight and got some accommodation.

But I mean more power to you brother, you know how to buy airplane tickets, get in and out of the airport, and make your way to the most obvious landmark.

>I took the bait
>>
>>1087405
/p/ here

Your photo sucks dick
>>
>>1087660
Another /p/ here. Being from that board does not in any way make you an authority on photography. Au contraire.
>>
>>1087663
No, but people say what board they are from all the time. Stop being an autist.
>>
>>1087405
Wow you seriously have horrible social skills. You have this superiority complex and you think going to different t parts of the US is considered travel. You're not even asking a question or starting a conversation, you're just going on about how much better you are than your country bumpkin friends.

Like, get some serious psychiatric help bro. You're fucked up and you don't even realize it
>>
>>1087405
Bait or not, this is seriously some illiterate trash.
>>
>>1087405
there is already a

>ITT we act like Real Travelers general
>>1084317
>>
>>1087659
oh please. i flew to europe and bought a renault twingo off ebay for 900 euro and kept it running as i drove it through europe and saw every church castle city center and country side in the continent
>>
>>1087754
u r full of shit
>>
File: 2014_09_28_14_13_17_ProShot.jpg (510 KB, 1441x1919) Image search: [Google]
2014_09_28_14_13_17_ProShot.jpg
510 KB, 1441x1919
>>1087405
>feels superior
>can't compose a valid paragraph

>>1087648
>tfw the ring is a 2 hour drive for you
feels good man
I've been meaning to go there but I don't really feel like crashing my only decent car, nor putting down a few hundred to rent a car.
>>
>>1087405
>hasn't even left his home country
>feels superior to others

You are going to be on a next level of insufferable if this continues.
Then again you will feel even more inadequate when you meet all those real traveler types and third culture kids.
>>
>>1087829
Not only have you swallowed the bait, you also have reading comprehension issues
>>
>>1087405
I was born and raised in the US.
By the time I was 15 I already knew how to sail.
Graduated from HS and decided that going to college was bullshit and went to work. Worked for 2 years saving almost all of my wage and went to Europe to hitchhike. Went from Portugal until Finland mainly hitchhiking (took the train to reach UK, though). From there I came back to the US and decided to go backpacking in South America and went from Colombia down to Chile and on the way I learned enough Spanish to be able to survive.
Reaching Chile I said fuck it all, bought a boat and sailed to New Zealand and then Australia.
Sold the boat in Australia and went backpacking in SEA, visiting the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar. From there I stretched a bit and went to India and up to Nepal.
Now I'm back in the US preparing to go to Greenland and back to Europe to reach Russia and ride the Trans-siberian down to China.

Met thousands of people along the way, learned a lot of shit, had a lot of awesome experiences, fucked hundreds of beautiful and ugly bitches (alcohols is the best make-up so fuck it) and talked to the most varied types of people with the most varied views about the world, society, nature and life.

Yeah. It's really easy to make up a story like yours, OP.
>>
>>1087814
It was hideously expensive. 500 Euros for 6 laps, plus maybe another 500 to get there from Munich. Was most of my trips budget
>>
File: WP_20150913_15_10_56_Pro.jpg (305 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150913_15_10_56_Pro.jpg
305 KB, 1080x1920
>>1087856
Why didn't you take public transportation to the ring, if you were going to rent a car there anyway?

500 for six laps in a Clio RS doesn't seem that bad though. There's people paying that kind of money just to ride along on the BMW M5 Ring Taxi :')
>>
>>1087892
Public transportation would have been over 3X as much time as driving, and I was in uni at the time so time/ money was tight. I could go back and do it again now that I work remotely (software consultant) but there's too many other places I want to travel
>>
>>1087900

Also, pic related. My chariot
>>
>>1087903
Swing looooow...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.