[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Money belt vs jacket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: money-belt.jpg (32 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
money-belt.jpg
32 KB, 400x299
I will be carrying a large amount of Euro notes in Turkey (under the 10k declarable limit).

Since I have a Scottevest Expedition jacket with plenty of pockets, is there any reason to use a money belt?

I don't think the jacket would be any less secure, and if I use a money belt it may look like I have something to hide. I'm flying business class for what it's worth.
>>
>>1072809
the real risk would simply be the money falling out and you loosing it

money belts are discreet, but professional thieves know to look for them (that being said they are a minority)

depending where you are it may or may not be likely you will get robbed, you might be more at risk of being detained by security because you're carrying cash unusually

if the money is just in your bag it's much less likely that if it's on your person because of screening

you would have to take your money belt off to pass security, which is a hassle, but that's how I do it. if it's in your jacket they will probably take the cash out when you pass security, showing the whole world it's there

however when I was in a really bad part of the world I carried cash like a drug mule, by wrapping it inside my inner thigh in glad wrap and tape, or inside my underwear.

one thing I can say for sure though is that if you're bringing cash you ought to wrap it in a zip lock bag with tape and the amount written on it, so if security takes it out they know you will notice if a note "goes missing", turkish security are some of the most corrupt I've ever dealt with
>>
Gonna be in India this summer. Any tips on how not to be pickpocketed? Is a wallet chain effective or does it just draw attention to where your wallet is?
>>
>>1073376
Just keep a regular wallet with not a lot of cash in it so if they take it you won't lose much. I don't know about you guys but when I wear pants and a shirt I don't tuck the shirt into the pants so it actually hangs over the pockets. Makes it a lot more difficult to both see if there's anything in them and put your hand in there.

If you're taking night trains or buses just wear a money belt under your clothes so that if someone tries to jack your shit they won't get to the money. I would also take a lightweight bike lock to lock your backpack when you sleep.
>>
>>1072809
money belts are good because you will always end up taking your jacket off.

You need to wear them against the skin though cos you dont feel the difference easily if its gone otherwise (uncomfortable)

I only did this once and it was much more than 10k for a few days.
this isnt really enough money to be paranoid about, real thieves can get this from a watch in any 5star or suite raid.
Just use the hotel safe way easier
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.