[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /trv/, I've been wondering about something for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 20151226_142302.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151226_142302.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
Hi /trv/,
I've been wondering about something for a while and I decided to come here with my thoughts. I've met tons of wonderful people while traveling and I still keep in touch with many of them today. They've offered to host me if I ever came to visit their city and I've offered the same in return. The problem is that most of these people aren't really in places I'm currently interested in visiting. So that got me thinking..

Does anyone know of a service where you can exchange vacations? For example, I'd like to stay with a local of a foreign place that would like to host me, show me around, teach me the local traditions and customs, introduce me to the local foods, and act as a tour guide and security. But that's not all. Instead of paying for the services you receive, you would in return host them and do the same.

So let's say that I visited someone in Brazil for a week or two. That person would host me and show me around and when it is time for me to go back home the Brazilian would return with me to my home. I would then host them and show them around my home country just as they did to me in Brazil.

I see this idea working quite well in areas that aren't as easy to travel to such countries with higher than normal violence, expensive accomodation, difficult to travel, or extreme language barriers. You can save tons of money on food, housing, transportation, and tour guides.

So if no such service already exists I would like to start something here on /trv/.
>>
Isn't this basically the idea of Couchsurfing?
>>
So to start it off,

>From
Germany
>Interested in visiting
South Africa, Northern Africa, most European countries, Australia and New Zealand, Russia

If you're from one of these locations and are interested in visiting Germany I would be glad to host you and show you around as long as you return the favour and host me in your country. I'm also slightly interested in Latin America but it isn't necessarily at the top of my list.

So if you're interested, reply to me and maybe we can work something out, or at least establish international contacts and share travel info of your location.
>>
>>1064223
Sort of, yes. But I want it to be more than just staying on someone's couch for free. I want to be able to have someone take the time to allow me to divulge in their country. I look at this idea as sort of basically looking for someone to be a travel mate for a certain amount of time in their country.

For example, I own a car and would not mind at all if someone from South Africa wanted to do a small road trip through Germany. We could visit cities or even the mountains in southern Germany. Once that roadtrip is over I would return to South Africa with them and then begin almost a South Africa version of the roadtrip we just did. We could visit surfing locations or even explore the South African wilderness together.

I also hate traveling somewhere and having to pay tons of money for a tour bus or train just to visit an obscure sight. With a host you could just travel alongside them and visit that sight together.

So, I'd like this to be more than just couchsurfing, almost like a cultural exchange.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.