[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys have you ever been robbed before? I just noticed that someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: burglar_1396718c.jpg (31 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
burglar_1396718c.jpg
31 KB, 460x288
Guys have you ever been robbed before?

I just noticed that someone took my emergency stash out of a hostel RFID Cardkey locker.
Its not trip ruining, but not too little and I feel fucking awful. Not much i can do about it though.

I never had problems like that in Indian Hotels or hostels in New Zealand, but after another rather bad incident hostels in SEA seem to be pretty bad. My paranoia is going to ruin a lot from now on.
>>
File: 201012-gifts-keepcalm.jpg (33 KB, 320x380) Image search: [Google]
201012-gifts-keepcalm.jpg
33 KB, 320x380
>>1062008
>My paranoia is going to ruin a lot from now on.

If you let that happen, you're letting them steal more than your money, and something more valuable.

Don't get paranoid, maybe get a bit more cautious and keep in mind that physical cash in hand is always open to getting lost or stolen, so don;t keep more of it than you need.

And keep in mind that you can get more cash, you can't get back potential good times traveling that you wasted fretting over life's vicissitudes.
>>
>>1062008
Yep, at knifepoint in Peru.
>>
>>1062008
>nearly 2016
>staying in a hostel in southeast asia

You got what you deserved
>>
Not me, but my gf's uncle likes to tell this story from when he went to Mexico in the 80s
>be lanky white dude in his 20s
>backpacking in Mexico
>some guy approaches him out of the bushes in the middle of the road
"buneas dias, tiene dinero?" (Hello, got money?)
>the guy has a big smile and a bigger knife
>uncle smiles back, produces his wallet from a pocket, opens it and says "se sierva" (please help yourself)
>Mexican guy bursts into laughter, leads him to a car hidden in the bushes and drives him to the next town
>he "offers" him lunch with his money, they get both drunk and uncle goes on his way
If it's true, it's exhilarating
>>
>berlin
>me and my mate down a bottle of raki between us, then go to tresor
>we get back to the hostel at 6AM, my mate is passing out in a pool of his own vomit level drunk
>our train to amsterdam is in 2 hours
>decide to powernap, set alarm on mates phone for one hour
>fall asleep in clothes with wallet in my pocket
>wake up 4 hours later, mates phone and both of our wallets are gone
>lost my bank card but obviously immediately cancelled it, apart from that all that was in my wallet was 200CZK, which is like 5 euros, so jokes on the guy who robbed us
>we know who did it, it could only conceivably have been the shady italian guy, but he pulls the not speaking english card and theres nothing we can really do
>have to jump the metro to get to the train station for the next train to amsterdam because no money
>get caught, get given an 60 euro metro fine
>still haven't paid it, what are they gonna do, extradite me?
>>
>>1062008
Yes, the first time I went traveling solo when I was a young idiot I was staying in a hostel, sleeping on the top bunk. There was a window in front of me and the window sill reached just below me. I needed to charge my phone and the outlet was at ground level, my phone could just sit on the window sill. I had it charging there and like an idiot put my wallet on top of it and went to sleep,and they were stolen. I told my family I put them under my pillow and they were stolen from there while I slept, as I didn't want to tell them the truth. I'm a stupid fuck ;_;
>>
It's so fucked up I can't make this shit up

>Last night in Cancun
>Going to pool party @ Mandala Beach Club with hostel mates
>Hostel staff says to only bring shorts and bus money home
>I don't listen because YOLO
>Leave my phone and money wrapped in my shirt under our table while I jump in the pool
>Nobody else in pool besides bikini contest girls
>I'm making out with rando girls in the pool, doing body shots, etc.
>Hostel mates leave without me because they're not pulling any girls
>Club closes, kicks us out of pool
>Staff has physically moved our table, all my shit gone
>Yell at staff to find my shit in Spanish to no avail
>Leave club with girl I made out with and her sister
>Heading over to bus stop with them
>Policia Municipal stop us, offer us a ride
>I get in, I have nothing left to be robbed of
>One of the girls thinks its a bad idea, I get out and thank the Policia
>We all take bus to hotel
>Girl I was making out with has to call her dad in hallway
>Her sister asks me if I want to fuck her, multiple times
>I just say no, I just want to fuck your sister, don't find you attractive blah blah blah
>She rips off my shorts and starts blowing me before I could stop her
>End up fucking her out of pity
>Tells me she's married
>Fuck.jpg
>Smoke some cigarettes to get taste of this girl's pussy out of my mouth before I start making out with her sister again
>Hot sister finishes phone call, comes in room none the wiser
>We put married sister to bed
>Watch sunrise on balcony/ talk about life with hot sister
>Start making out
>Go in room, start fucking a few feet away from sleeping married sister
>Finish, it's 9AM, I've got to get back to my hostel and check my work email (working remotely)
>Ask hot sister for bus money, kiss goodbye
>Walk out of the Marriot shirtless
>Ask parking attendant outside which way to El Centro (downtown Cancun where my hostel is)
>Take bus ride of shame/ awesome back

Tl:dr I lost my virginity to a rapey married chick then got paid for sex
>>
>>1062159
Ugh literally terrified of this as I'm pretty bad with where I leave my shit when I sleep
>>
>>1062259
If you're traveling alone just make a point to not leave your shit around when you sleep.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.