[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brisbane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1200x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1200x524
So I staying in Brisbane for another week and a half, visiting my brother. So far the city really isn't doing it for me, so I was wondering if you guys could suggest some things to do while I here. So far I've mostly been to museums and different micro breweries, but I can't stay drunk all the time. Beaches doesn't interest me at all. I have a car I can use so going places wont be a problem.
>>
Welcome to Australia's third most boring capital (Adelaide and Hobart). Take the train or drive down to the gold coast. Only an hour and a half.
>>
>>1061285
You could check out the glasshouse mountains to the north, theyre cool. There are a few different bushwalks and stuff to do if that interests you. What do you like? Eat street in Hamilton is popular with tourists, its like a event for street vendors selling different foods.. There's also fishing charters out of Manly, costs a bit but they take you outside the bay and you're guaranteed to catch some sweet fish. Be more specific about what kinds of activities you're after. It's a regional capital, not fucking New York so you can't expect the city to "do it for you" on its own.

Atleast you're not surrounded by bums, beggars and africans trying to sell you bits of string like europe....
>>
>>1061323
Nice suggestions. I mean, it's a pleasant city, just not very exciting. The cleanliness, no gypsies, brown people that actually behave like normal people, it's all great, but I like my cities old, and cold. Are there any nice punk venues or jazz bars fairly close to southbank?
>>
>>1061330
Punkfest@the beetle bar
>>
>>1061330
The beat
In fortitude valley
Open every night
>>
Go to Go-Between Bridge - but more important than that, make sure you discover the music of the band (the Go-Betweens - no idea why they dropped the "s") it's named after - Australia's greatest rock musicians, quite seriously. Skip their two albums from the early 2000s (immediately post-reunion, as they are merely OK) but every other record they released, from the early 80s up to 2005's masterful "Oceans Apart", is exceptional. Queensland's finest export? Wouldn't rule it out....
>>
>>1061285
Go to the Lower Portals at Mt Barney National Park. Beautiful swimming hole, you can camp overnight. Only 1.5 hour walk to the pools from the carpark.

Go fishing on the tweed river, always fun.

Some nice bars in West End, I like the End, Bosque,

Drive to Girraween and check out some granite intrusions. Would be bloody hot this time of year though.
>>
File: 1429171760097.jpg (534 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1429171760097.jpg
534 KB, 1680x1050
>>1061285
I live on the Sunshine coast about an hour north, What are you interested in?
>>
>>1061285
Go make friends with some rock climbers at kangaroo point

>>1061297
>Hobart
Mt Wellington alone beats Brisbane.

Brisbane honestly has a case for the most boring capital
>>
>>1061965
lol Brisbane more boring than Adelaide and Perth, righto chap.
>>
>>1061573
lol i see what you did there
>>
>>1061285

>So far the city really isn't doing it for me

Join the club. I've lived here my whole life. It's literally 'purgatory: the city'.

If you don't drink or go clubbing there's fuck all to do, and even less after 5pm when everything shuts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.