[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to travel without an idealistic mindset?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: SFS_SCHeartyBeefStew-15_275784.jpg (192 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
SFS_SCHeartyBeefStew-15_275784.jpg
192 KB, 800x800
I'm trying to get rid of my mindset for travelling where I try to have the best experience possible, causing me to overthink a lot of things and have a worse experience. Ie: should I go to this hostel? Or maybe this one would be better and I'd meet some cooler people. It's really nice in this town, should I stay another day or move on? But then I won't have enough time to do xxx and so on.
>>
Just realize that rigid planning is boring. Don't be a slave to your vacation. Do whatever the fuck you want. (Don't get arrested, but yeah)
Make a general plan and then just wing it. You will figure out some things along the way and alter your plans, and that's great. Plan to change your plans.
>>
>>1059391
Maybe you are living beyond your means, and this is just part of it.

As you travel more and more, this kind of overplanning kind of goes away. You have to realize not to have much in the way of expectations, and that any choices you make is simply giving you tools to make better choices in the coming years. This isn't the last and only time you'll get to leave your country, and you're only entertaining yourself not trying to impress future inlaws or a dying cancer kid making a wish. Relax.

Meeting cool people should not be a goal of travel, though.
>>
Screw being picky over hostels. Mostly you're just sleeping and waking up in them. After 2 weeks on a festival I didn't give a shit about the hostel I was staying in next.
>>
>>1059391
I've come to the realization that most times the best part of trips happen just in random places. Say there is a very pretty village in England that you want to visit. You make the effort to go there, then its just some village filled up with tourists. But on the way to the next place you stop in some shitty town and have a great time. If you get away from the whole sightseeing thing, and just be free, you probably have a more interesting trip.
>>
>>1059391
sounds like fear. just constantly remind yourself you're going to die like everyone else

death really takes the edge off things
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.