[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Moving to foreign country to be with my girlfriend >Staying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
>Moving to foreign country to be with my girlfriend
>Staying in hostel temporarily in a private room
>Gf comes to visit
>Worker sees her come with me to my room, doesn't say anything
>Next day they want her to pay around $11 for visiting

What the fuck is this bullshit? She wasn't told or aware that visiting someone in the hostel would include a fee. Needless to say I paid the fee though. She didn't stay the night, didn't even stay more than the time it took to help me look for apartments on my laptop, yet gets charged $11 for visiting.

It is just $11, but it definitely has me pissed. Other than pointing out the hidden fees (among other shitty things about the hostel) on every single review/hostel site that's out there (which I'm planning on doing anyway, fuck these assholes), what can I legally and ethically do against this hostel? I want them to lose 10x or even 100x more the amount that they preyed on my girlfriend for.
>>
And by making them lose money I don't mean actually causing them to lose anything, moreso them losing business.
>>
>>1057323
>>1057326
Just post a review about it. Not that big of a deal dude.
>>
>>1057323
You are trying to apply hotel mentality to hostels. Not the same rental of a room thing, but rather water usage, towel usage, bed linens, etc.
If she stayed in some common room in the lobby with you, might not have been a problem, but anyone that is going to get bent out of shape over $11, when you snuck her past the desk without notice coming and going, then they aren't really able to keep good track of what thievery you had going on and then later wanted to argue about.

It's bad form. Go ahead and waste some stress and effort on it all with a review, but what you did is exactly what they don't want in a customer. If you want to own a space entirely, you should go to nicer hotels, where they get above that narrow profit margin, and start treating you like an honored guest, not someone that made them $2 but might have infected the joint.
>>
>>1057354
The people at the desk talked to us, the staff member who initially gave me the room saw her go in with me and mentioned nothing. If they had mentioned there was going to be a charge it would have been one thing, but they had seen us both go in, yet said nothing about any form of charge. There was no indicator to us that she wasn't allowed in, when I initially booked the room the staff had no problem with her being in there without paying. It's an unethical business practice to charge us after the fact for something we had no idea about.
>>
>>1057488
And yes, it is just $11, but I won't tolerate this bullshit. I want this hostel to go out of business for trying to prey on my girlfriend.
>>
>>1057489
You sound like a cockbag, glad this happened to you.

If you didn't know you can't bring people back to your room in a hostel you're an idiot, and deserve what you get. Not that your story even adds up in the slightest.

The funny thing is also, you didn't even ask if it was okay, but you expect them to chase you up? Oh I'll just do whatever I want and if there's a problem someone can let me know about it. What, nobody told me I couldn't urinate on the walls! This is bad service!

Quality customer.
>>
How did they "prey" on your thai whore gf? By noticing she was in their room?
There's nothing you can do, just be a typical bitter cunt and leave a poor review. Maybe ask at the next place.
>>
>>1057488
>There was no indicator to us that she wasn't allowed in, when I initially booked the room the staff had no problem with her being in there without paying. It's an unethical business practice to charge us after the fact for something we had no idea about.
It is a "hostel" dude, not a hotel. Different profit, different business, different mentality. You are allowed to freely come and go without question, might even be allowed another person provided they pay and surrender ID (not even sure why hostels do that) but when you use their services, you pay for them. Adding a person to a room would have been 2 persons checking into the hostel, not 1. Two flushes on the toilet, a free bed to lay down the head for a while. You pay by the person at a hostel, fact. You just don't understand the rules. This is what hostels are all about.

Being pissed off that the bottled water in a hotel room that was $15/bottle, or the fridge being filled with overpriced items is one thing to get pissy about, but adding a second person to a room is always going to be a charge. The difference is that in a more expensive hotel they still make their profit, but in the hostel, they lose money by the practice.
>>
>>1057489
Chill out bro. Did you know a lot of HOTELS in Japan have a NO visitor policy?

Why not just stay at another hostel?
>>
>>1057592
>Chill out bro. Did you know a lot of HOTELS in Japan have a NO visitor policy?
It's unspoken rule everywhere. I've never stayed anywhere where it wasn't a rule about no visitors. The desk wants the name of everyone on their property and with access to their rooms (and others staying at that property should insist on it). Any hotel that doesn't care when a stranger goes by the desk is simply placing customer service over their bottom line, hates their job, and is tolerating something. Someone at a front desk that isn't looking out for the business like an owner would look out for it is lazy or disgruntled. It's ethics.

This OP kid is a kid. He considers an online stranger a girlfriend. If he had ethics or experience, he'd have mentioned it at check-in, that he would have a guest later, and he'd have been told uhh, okay, but if she leaves the lobby, it'll be a charge. Fact.
>>
>>1057323

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You could have just disputed the charge and not pay it. Instead you go cry on a Nepalese ghurka forum and try to come up with ways to fuck over a business for doing something 100% legitimate.
>>
>>1057605
This enlightened individual knows the true path, you can tell by his confidence.
>>
>people saying this is commonplace in hostels or that it was obvious

The other 3 hostels I've been in had zero problem or extra charge for her visiting me for a couple of hours.
>>
>>1057515
>I should've asked if I could have another person in my room for a couple of hours when staff saw her to in with me and said nothing about a charge

Should I have asked if there were fees associated with using the bathroom? What about fees associated with locking my door? At what point do I need to ask if every little thing that every other hostel in the area provides for free incurs a charge
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.