[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trip to Thailand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 568x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 568x1000
Planning a trip to Thailand with a few friends (Bangkok & Pattaya).. Thinking of going beginning of March. Ive read the cool season is a good time to go (Nov-Feb) and was curious if March might be a good time as well.
>>
>>1055990
March is OK. Tourist numbers (just barely) starting to dip, not more than a little rain (the 'mango rains,' which coincide with the advent of mango season, are showers which sometimes occur in March). But March is also the short, steep ramp up to the hottest time of year (April is almost always the hottest month), so if you're not used to warm, humid weather the climate may not be all that pleasant--expect consistent high 20s-mid 30s C, mid 80s-mid 90s F, and sticky. Bangkok weather is never that good thanks to the density and smog; Pattaya or other coastal areas should be tolerable with a bit of sea breeze.
>>
>>1055990
Depends what your after.

I've been to pattaya around the same time and it was a ghost town compared to "high season". If party atmosphere and girls (a lot of girls) is what you're after; I wouldn't recommend it.

If a nice relaxing time, without the hustle and bustle and crowding of falangs is what you're after; go for it - provided you can handle the temperature,which is stifling
>>
>>1055990
Low season is an excellent time to go to Pattaya. "Low" really just means opposed to "High", which gets insanely crowded.

Trust me, you won't regret going in March. Then again, you won't regret going at literally any time.

Sawse: I go to Thailand every six weeks.
>>
Wait a month and then you'll be there for Thai New year
>>
>>1056088
>every six weeks

What the fuck do you do f4m? I'm lucky if I can afford a months trip a year
>>
File: 1447026934788.jpg (234 KB, 641x346) Image search: [Google]
1447026934788.jpg
234 KB, 641x346
So i read alot online on how kind-off older men tend to visit thailland then end up moving/staying their.

i thought this was a half truth because its on the internet but last week i had a coworker who went to thailand for two weeks then went around telling everyone he is going to move there next year, saying "i wasted 36 years of my life in this country (canada)"

Is there something in thailand that is so much better then a 1st world country like canada seems like a less-then-best choice to live in?

I ask because my family immigrated from central america to canada 20 years ago, and i am having trouble seeing WHY you would want to do the opposite if you aren't always quite rich (he isn't rich). Serious question.
>>
>>1056115
Cost of living is low and the quality of life is high but the main reason is because your friend views thailand through a haze of booze and the fact that young pretty women literally throw themselves at any foreign national.

This isn't an exaggeration, if you're white and with a income moderate you can have tons of fun
>>
>>1056121
he says hes going to sell beer from a fucking bicycle. Thats what i don't understand, how can you make a living doing that ?
>>
>>1056122
That's just stupid, it's one thing retiring there with enough cash to support yourself or start a business of some kind but to work there in a very poor paying job... He's going to learn fast how inhospitable a place it actually is
>>
>>1056103
I have a good paying job in a country that I don't really like, so I tend to just save my money and go there every break. It's only ten hours away.

>>1056115

It's honestly difficult to say, and yet really easy: There's just something about life there that makes me prefer it to anywhere else I've been (and I've been around). I have good friends there, I stay in a good area, and I do as I please whenever I want. People don't understand how restrictive their lives are until they semi-live or live in SEA.

>>1056121

That sounds a little unfair, but I've seen enough of the country to know that it's not entirely untrue.
>>
File: 1448886423445.gif (175 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448886423445.gif
175 KB, 400x400
>>1056373
Spill the beans bro, what job, how much do you earn and how can you take holidays so fucking often because that's the job I want.

I live in England and though I don't hate the country I would much rather spend my time in thailand; I just don't have the financial stability to go there every 6 weeks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.