[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things to do in Seoul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
In Seoul for the next week. What do people recommend doing? weather isn't great right now (bit rainy) but i'm sure there's plenty of stuff to do.I'm only 18 so clubs are probably a no go, but bars may be a possibility? not sure. Also plan on going to the DMZ in the next few days.
>>
Why the fuck would you go to the DMZ?

When I was there we checked out Hongdae which wasn't too bad but it was mostly Myengdong at night, shitloads of street food and normal food options + shopping

If you really want to see how much the south koreans hate the north koreans just go to the war museum
>>
>>1133755
Native here.

Don't go to Myengdong. It's all Chinese people now.

Hongdae or garosugil for the urban feel. Around Gangnam subway station for the crowded feel.

Go to palaces in downtown if you are a history buff, but otherwise it gets really boring really quick. Go to Insadong or Bukchon for the "Asian feel".

What do you mean you are "going to the DMZ". Do you mean the Joint Security Area? Not sure if it's worth your time. Unique experience, but not that much to see.

Food is great. Try traditional food if you are feeling adventurous. But Korean style pizza and chicken can be delivered virtually anywhere really quickly.

Pro tip: Get T-money. Cheaper transportation and free transfers between buses and subways. Try not to get a cab. Might get ripped off. Sadly, Uber is illegal in Korea, so stick to public transportation.
>>
Most state-run museums, including the war memorial museum and the national history museum, are free, so they're worth checking out.

Also, if there's a clear day, go hiking on mount namsan. Right by myeongdong, it's beautifully preserved and has the best views in the city. N Seoul Tower is there too, but it's a bit too touristy for my taste.
>>
>>1133755
fuck some english teachers. they are always longing for dicks. quite pathetic if I think back now
>go to a bar
>be not asian
>>
Dmz/jsa is pretty neato.
Dont listen to these idiots
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.