[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unique spots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0619.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0619.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2048
Not wanting to sound like a Real Traveller™, but do you guys have any good recommendations for /things to do, places to see, experience, eat/ that are unique or out of the ordinary travel options for the following places?

>Bucharest, Romania
>Cluj, Romania
>Romania in general
>Sofia, Bulgaria
>Bulgaria in general
>Zagreb, Croatia
>Pula, Croatia
>Ljubljana, Slovenia
>Budapest, Hungary
>Belgrade, Serbia
>Prague, Czech Republic
>Czech Republic in general
>>
I've already got a little bit on my list, but I'm looking to expand it further or hear any comments of any experiences about them:

>Romania
- Enigma bar in Cluj
- Turda salt mine
- Hoia Baciu forest
- Geamana
- Bigar Cascade Falls
- Chipul Iui Decebal
- Golubac Fortress
- Merry Cemetery
- Peles Castle
- Mud Volcanoes in Buzau
- Beer O'Clock in Bucharest
- Green Hours in Bucharest

>Bulgaria
- Fabrica 126 in Sofia
- The Hole in Tsarichina
- Buzludzha
- Dyavolski Most

>Croatia
- Monument to the Revolution of the People of Moslavina
- Petrova Gora
- Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb
- Krka National Park

>Slovenia
- Skocjan Caves
- Lake Bled

>Czech Republic
- Sedlec Ossuary
- Cross Club in Prague
- Old Jewish Cemetery
- Pivni Lazne Spa Beerland
- Clementinum
>>
File: 20151213_111317.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151213_111317.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>Fabrica 126 in Sofia

IIRC I recommended this to an anon some months ago, same guy? Anyway, for Bulgaria consider adding the following (in order of importance for a tourist).

>Rila Monastery
Wholeheartedly recommending this place, the air and vibe there is just... different.

>Koprivshtica/Zlatograd
National Revival architecture not available in a lot of places anymore. Koprivshtica is more colorful than Zlatograd.

>Krumovo Aircraft Museum
Your chance to see a very, very rare aircraft in perfect condition. Looks like an Arado ar 196. You have to go through Plovdiv which is also a destination (world trade fair, old town). If you visit the old town in Plovdiv you can consider it a slice of Koprivshtica.

>Madara rider
First Empire Bulgarian rider carved in stone.

>Pliska/Preslav
First Empire capitals

>Veliko Tarnovo
Second Empire Capital

Pic related, Koprivshtica.
I'm gonna upload some more of my travels to those places in this thread as soon as I can. Lemme know what you think.
>>
>>1131353

Outlook Festival in Pula, Croatia if you're into bass music.
>>
>>1131353
How much are you into drinking/nightlife? Brno is a good place for one night stand. I can list some establishments to get drunk in and ogle/pick up girls (depending on your skill). If you are travelling alone however, it may be hard to fit in, especially in summer when the students are mostly gone. 100% non-touristy though.
>>
>>1131356
I can only mostly comment about some of the items on your Romania list.
>green hours
Lovely little jazz bar. Haven't been there in a long while, hopefully it hasn't changed much, but it's pretty cool
>Peles castle
One of the best tours of a castle still. It's gotten quite popular the last few years so it can get crowded at times
>Chipul lui decebal
Quite out of the way but very impressive to see. If you're driving around there you can also check out Portile de fier, Băile herculane. In general the area has some great nature
>Turda salt mine
Only heard good things about it, if you don't find it boring. Haven't been the myself tho

If you're in Bucharest, do some research on Cotroceni palace. It has some weird admission schedule, but I managed to got there once and it is really nice. Dunno if they also have tours in English, but it has a history that a lot of people don't know of

You can also go by Brașov, which is a very cozy city. Depending if you can fit it in your schedule, look up Babele and our own Sfinx, they are some odd rock formations at the top of a mountain (easily accessible). You can make it a day trip if you want.

I'm still surprised there's people that like that country, but indeed we still have great nature.
>I guess I miss it a bit now
>>
>>1131398
If you were that Bulgarian anon that started that thread about Bulgaria, then yes, it's me again. Haha
Thanks again! I've marked them all on the map now.
I've decided to go with your suggestion and will be staying at Hostel Mostel from August 03-08. Dunno if I'll be going to places far from Sofia, but my itinerary is still quite flexible. I'm meeting a mate from Sofia who was also an anon and a former co-worker (though we've only ever worked and spoken online). Wanna meet up too?

>>1131408
DUDE. Yes, I know of Outlook, and as much as I love dnb, I will be going to Dimensions instead. I won't have enough budget or energy for both. Hah. Getting old...

>>1131444
I'm still into it, but yeah, as you said, if I'm a solo traveler it'll be harder. And I don't think I've got game to pull in a one night stand. Most luck I've ever had was banging a tinder chick on the night we met, but yeah, that's online stuff. Still, I like a challenge and might go for Brno. Any recommendations there?

>>1131447
I might decide to stay a night in Brasov because I want to see Bran castle too.
I've been to the salt mine in Krakow and found it very cool, so I'm keen for Turda.
Also, I don't know much about Bucharest, so I was hoping to run into a Romanian anon. The reason why I was going to do this whole trip was to see a good mate in Bucharest but he completely fucking ghosted on me. Really unsure of how to spend my time there now.
Any other good suggestions?
>>
>>1131447
Also, are you from Romania?
Do you know the best ways to get to/from Bucharest, Cluj, Brasov? Are they day trips?
>>
>>1131444
>>1131454
First off, you can get drunk the same way in Prague (or Budapest, Warsaw etc.), with more venues, better sights, more foreigner-oriented service. And as I mentioned earlier, lots of students (which make the nightlife here attractive) will be gone for summer.
Still, if you wanna go for it, these are the places, sorted roughly in descending order by the level of inebriation you should have to go to them:
Falk - main cafe for folks from the Faculty of Arts, beautiful interior, meh selection of drinks, but good milkshakes, usually understaffed
Mezzanine cafe - where Social Studies people go, hipsterish
Cafe Podnebi - 200 metres from Mezzanine, go for Nakladany hermelin (basically fermented cheese) or Utopenec (fermented sausage) these are heavy but insanely good specialities
Pegas - not so many students, more like the usual local crowd. Go there if you are hungry, they have simple menu with three or four classic czech meals. Wash it all down with their own beer.

I can continue if you'd like..
>>
If in Croatia or Serbia, go and see their football culture, just don't appear too foreign.
>>
File: DSC_0096.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0096.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>1131507
Dinamo Zagreb's fans, for example.
>>
>>1131457
Train/bus/hitchhiking. It's easy and cheap to get around.
>>
>>1131507
>>1131508
I'm not really into team sports, but that's... a pretty weird football game. Looks like it's on a basketball court?

>>1131469
I will be in Czech Republic around mid to end of September. Is that still too summer-y of a time?

Please do continue with what else you might want to suggest. Is it easy to travel between Prague and Brno?
>>
On a similar note, how is Valetta? Always thought that'd be an interesting place to visit.
>>
File: manaslu.jpg (373 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
manaslu.jpg
373 KB, 1600x900
Is the Manaslu trek in Nepal Real Traveler™ enough?

Got my eye on it since Annapurna has supposedly been overrun by normies.
>>
>>1131921
It's a handball game. Not sure why the other anon wants you to go and watch one, but I suppose you could.
>>
>>1131444
>I can list some establishments to get drunk in and ogle/pick up girls (depending on your skill).
Not OP, but I'd like that list.

Also, got any tips for picking up Euro girls? I imagine being an exotic foreigner makes it a bit easier at least...
>>
>>1131444
>>1132719
Bumping for this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.