[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so depressed! I live in Belgium and it has been more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: japan-tokyo-shinjuku-kabukicho.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
japan-tokyo-shinjuku-kabukicho.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I'm so depressed!

I live in Belgium and it has been more then 15 years my dream to go to Japan.

A few weeks back my stepmother started talking about going to Tokyo the first week of November.
However when she asked my father he said are you crazy? I'm not going to Japan! So that was the end of that.
We tried to convince him a few times, because I needed to know so I could get a passport.
He always said so we figured it was not going to happen.

Anyway now it turns out that my stepmother booked a flight anyway without anyone knowing.
One problem there is no room for me. She booked for my father, my sister and herself.

She never said anything. So by the time she had to say something about it it was too late to change anything.

If she would have said it earlier or atleast to my I would have requested a passport and my father would have given his ticket to me.
Because he really did not want to go but because he had no choice he went with them now to Japan.

It would have all been our first time in Japan together, but now I'm here sitting at home with my blood boiling..
>>
How old are you? Why do you need to go with your parents?

If it's your dream... make it happen!
>>
Please check the catalog next time and post in the Japan General Thread >>1046277
>>
>>1047709
I'm 28, but nobody of my friends is intrested in going to Japan.
Currently without a girlfriend so that is also not a option.

Could always go alone, but that would be a last option.
After what they did I might just do that without telling anyone and dissapear for atleast a month.

If I'm going to do that I will need to save up a little bit because as you propably know Japan can be quite expensive.

And I kinda wanted to learn some basic Japanese before going to Japan to make my trip more enjoyable, but because of work and time I always keep putting it off..
>>
>>1047714
I went to Japan on my own 10 years ago when I was 19. I'm planning to go back again in the Spring for the cherry blossoms, again on my own because whilst I like a travel companion on beach holidays or short city breaks, for trips like this I don't like having to compromise, I just like to do whatever I want to do, at the pace I want.

It's really not that scary or expensive. Yes, it costs a lot to live there, but as a tourist it's not that bad. Only really the rail passes are expensive, food and accommodation can both be found on all budgets.
>>
Sounds like you have a shit family.
>>
cross the boarder - smoke weed. Seriously just get as stoned as possible man. You wont regret it... much
>>
>>1047716
>Yes, it costs a lot to live there, but as a tourist it's not that bad.

I feel like that's the opposite. We residents go to the grocery store primarily and don't spend every minute of every day doing traveler/tourist shit.
>>
>>1047707
What a shit step mother. If you want to go and you're old enough you gotta take action soon. Time flies, by the time you know you will be too old.
>>
>>1047707
I would be so fucking pissed man sorry
>>
>>1048213
I think that's just certain lazy tourists.

There are tons of hole in the wall places that cost the same as a McDonalds... or I found supermarkets by my hotel that sold hot food.
>>
Went to Tokyo and couch surfed two weeks. Do it man, IIRC total budget for my trip was 1500eu as I am a cheapfag.

My advice is consider what have you done in the 15 years of wanting it to achieve it?
>>
>>1048817
There really aren't many options besides disgusting conbini food, supermarkets, and gyudon for reasonably priced prepared meals. McDonalds is just barely under the 1000 yen minimum for most of the decent places so I wouldn't even say it qualifies as cheap. 500~ is what I shoot for for lunch at work unless Im making a conscious decision to get some thing from a good place.
>>
>>1048617
>What a shit step mother. If you want to go and you're old enough you gotta take action soon. Time flies, by the time you know you will be too old.
This.
OR
Something in the story wasn't told well. It seems pretty outrageous he couldn't go when others are going...she's buying and he's rude to her? He's the dogsitter? He can't miss school days? Something is funny with this story.
>>
>>1047714
>but nobody of my friends is intrested in going to Japan.

I went to Tokyo for two weeks by myself. It was fun.
>>
>>1048817
> kk
>>
Dont complain, I live in Finland.
>>
File: IMG_9530.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9530.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
back from tokyo two days ago , very good trip
>>
Nice ! Eiffel Trwore !!
>>
>>1047714
I'll go there with you from end of Nov. to end of Dec.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.