[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
France General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 6226583004_900245dc1e.jpg (185 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
6226583004_900245dc1e.jpg
185 KB, 500x364
Questions about France here
>>
is paris really that bad?
>>
>>1138612
Pickpockets, dirtiness and grumpy Parisians aside, no.
Just avoid poor areas (and there aren't that many anymore) and/or overcrowded/overestimated touristic areas (such as Champs Elysees) and it's fine.
>>
>>1138612
No it's not. Getting pickpocketed is extremely low if you're not an idiot tourist. Paris is nice, although parisians def can come off as cocky.
>>
How true is the French people resenting English to a ridiculous degree, refusing to use it, and also getting pissy if your French is bad meme?
>>
>>1138666

Most French have a ridiculous degree in English. The level of English of parisian people is not representative of the country (parisian usually speak better english).
They don't refuse to use it though. In a party, you'll see that most people will try to speak English with you even if you speak a good French.
They may make a reflexion on your level of English mostly to tease you. They are very tolerant to foreigners if they don't speak well. However, they are not for a French person who make a lot of grammar/syntax errors.
>>
>>1138612
No. Memes about it are overhyped and seem to be made either by travel newbs or bitter provincial French. Granted there are other nice parts of France. But still, Paris is pretty cool and its hassles are no more different than other large cities.
>>
I am American. I had a high school French teacher who is from rural France. A friend of mine wants to visit Paris. Is it appropriate of me to ask him for tourist attraction recommendations, interesting things to do in Paris and ways to avoid being ripped off as a tourist?
>>
>>1138738
No.
Your teacher either forgot or hates you and would rather never see your face ever again.
>>
>>1138738
If he's from rural France, chances are that he knows absolutely nothing about Paris.

People who bitch and moan the most about Paris are French people who are not from Paris.
>>
Anyone ever been to Bordeaux or Marseilles? I'd like to visit France and those two seemed nice
>>
This question is half-France, half-England:

As an American citizen I don't need a Eurail pass to ride the Eurostar right?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.